Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: All first team to play in the Reserves  (Read 6630 times)
fatbury

« Reply #30 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 10:13:09 »

Quote from: "jayohaitchenn"
oh fuck off fatbury.

fatbury

« Reply #31 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 10:16:33 »

imagine that this game might be called off due to wet weather .. shame id have quite liked to have seen it ..

Paul tells me tho that they might play it up the training ground instead behind closed doors .. but thats pretty wet too ..
fatbury

« Reply #32 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 10:43:44 »

Incidentally they dont give a shit when they play for the first team why should they do any different in the reserves? All this will do is wear them out and increase the risk of injury. Sturrock has to look at the decisions HE has made regarding cutting the squad .. the poor signings he has made or NOT made .. the change of tactics to a winning footballing side to a long ball team with players that cant play that game .. and last but not least the threat of decreasing bonus payments - overally the players cant be very happy with the man in charge
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 10:51:19 »

I don't think Sturrock plays the 'long ball' game.

The side weren't winning when he took charge.

The only player he got rid of who would have been useful to us is Monkhouse, the rest of them were either reserve players who were never gonna get a first team place, or people that Wise brought in who weren't up to the job.

And if you think it's Sturrocks decision to reduce the bonus's.......................

As for 'wearing them out', for fuck sake! They won't play the whole game and even if they did, 90 extra minutes of football won't kill the lazy bastards, will it?

It's All Good..............
fatbury

« Reply #34 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 10:57:17 »

I beg to differ .. it is a DIRECT style compared to how we started the season. It certainly isnt pretty to watch.

I disagree with the 2nd statement - CCP is a decent player as was Monky - Brownlie was better than Sturrock .. need I go on - you get the gist

and Sturrock backs the decision to reduce the bonuses and did so in public

I still think we could pick up YET more injuries if we play too much
Piemonte

« Reply #35 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 11:20:06 »

I'll briefly pick apart every point you've made their fatbury, you are clearly talking bollocks again

- At no point this season under either manager have we played "good" football. Sturrock preferes the team to play wide, Wise liked it narrow - thats the most fundamental difference.

- CCP was average in L2 at best.  Other than for sheer numbers I see no reason to keep him. Where did he go? Rochdale. Are they any good? No.

- Sturrock jnr has a better goals to game ration than Brownlie and to me looks quicker and cleverer. Neither are great, but I'd have Sturrock jnr out of the 2.

- The best perfomance I've seen this season came under Sturrock away at Wallsall. His tactics (4-5-1 worked perfectly) won that game.

As for the bonuses, total red herring. The players have the contract that states the "high" bonus will be paid this season if they go up.  Given that 3/4 of the squad dont have a contract with STFC for next season, why would they care about having the bonus scheme reduced NEXT SEASON, when there is every chance they wont be here?
figgis

« Reply #36 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 11:24:54 »

bollocks if wise was as good as suggested leeds would have been out of trouble by now. hes been there pretty much most of the season and has not made much difference. i think they are in turmoil and will go down. we i think will be in the play offs at least.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 11:29:04 »

i blame Ralphy

fatbury

« Reply #38 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 11:46:15 »

I dispute CCP being crap for L2 .. he was a decent player for us in L1

Still prefer Brownlie over Sturrock's son

But fair points ... I could be wrong

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 11:47:46 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"
I'll briefly pick apart every point you've made their fatbury, you are clearly talking bollocks again

- At no point this season under either manager have we played "good" football. Sturrock preferes the team to play wide, Wise liked it narrow - thats the most fundamental difference.

- CCP was average in L2 at best.  Other than for sheer numbers I see no reason to keep him. Where did he go? Rochdale. Are they any good? No.

- Sturrock jnr has a better goals to game ration than Brownlie and to me looks quicker and cleverer. Neither are great, but I'd have Sturrock jnr out of the 2.

- The best perfomance I've seen this season came under Sturrock away at Wallsall. His tactics (4-5-1 worked perfectly) won that game.

As for the bonuses, total red herring. The players have the contract that states the "high" bonus will be paid this season if they go up.  Given that 3/4 of the squad dont have a contract with STFC for next season, why would they care about having the bonus scheme reduced NEXT SEASON, when there is every chance they wont be here?

hooray for common sense.good post

i'd like to add,we had loads of luck early in the season too imo.we won games really we didn't deserve to.
our players were at peak fitness early in thye season but they are still limited in the talent department.thats why other teams have caught up and overtaken in some cases.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 12:13:08 »

reserve game off following pitch inspection. I was going as well, bugger!
fatbury

« Reply #41 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 13:12:14 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
imagine that this game might be called off due to wet weather .. shame id have quite liked to have seen it ..

Paul tells me tho that they might play it up the training ground instead behind closed doors .. but thats pretty wet too ..

Looks like I was right .. for once!
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 13:28:42 »

Convenient
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 13:54:58 »

I hope Sturrock manages to re-arrange a freindly game for one day this week to make them all play
fatbury

« Reply #44 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 13:57:15 »

I think he knew that the game was likely to be off when he said it ...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: