Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comedy Club  (Read 693 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« on: Monday, February 26, 2007, 19:41:40 »

Went to a comedy club somewhere near Covent Garden on Friday. All of the comedians and the compere were absolutely hilarious, even the open Mic slot was a relatively funny geordie.

Marcus Brigstock was the main one I think you'll have heard of and some guy called Mark Watson who puts on a Welsh accent and was fucking comedy genius.  Beers

I would seriously recommend it as a start of a night out.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Amir

« Reply #1 on: Monday, February 26, 2007, 21:21:00 »

I used to go to comedy clubs quite often, though probably the most famous person I saw was Dave Gorman.  I always prefered to go mid-week as it can be a night on it's own.  Never really saw anyone who bombed that badly, except people who were up there just to try their hand.
quinnismyhero

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2007, 10:55:52 »

Used to go to Jongleurs in Clapham when I lived in London.  Saw Paul Merton there before he was well known.

Glee Club in Cardiff Bay can be quite good.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2007, 11:36:03 »

Used to have quite a good comedy club at uni in London. Never done a "proper" one before though

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Sharky

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2007, 14:33:41 »

The comedy club you refer to in London also do a lot of free ticket BBC radio comedy nights, including the New Comedy Awards which have been previously won by some well known comediens at the beginning of their careers...
Such as: Marcus Brigstocke, Justin Lee Collins (finalist), Peter Kay (finalist), Alan Carr, Nina Conti, Rhod Gilbert (finalist).

I would always recommend the awards as one of the best nights to go as its free if you apply for tickets from the BBC in advance and its always a good laugh!

Can't remember his name but the young kid with messed up ginger hair that won a year or two back was amazing....had me in stitches all night and deservedly won it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: