Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: All first team to play in the Reserves  (Read 6570 times)
flammableBen

« Reply #45 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 14:06:47 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
I think he knew that the game was likely to be off when he said it ...

Damn Sturrock and his gambling on the weather. Maybe he controls it?
sonic youth

« Reply #46 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 14:53:18 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
Convenient

Oh well, saves our bunch of wasters making up injuries to skip the game.
red macca

« Reply #47 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 15:12:29 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
I think he knew that the game was likely to be off when he said it ...
Oh fuck off how did he know that?
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 15:12:52 »

A defeat at Bristol Rovers against half their youth team might not have been a good thing.
fatbury

« Reply #49 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 15:16:53 »

Swindon played after all according to the website .. against each other!! :shock:  .. Good news we won 1-0 with Brown getting the penalty - see I can be positive! Wink
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 17:23:15 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"

- CCP was average in L2 at best.  Other than for sheer numbers I see no reason to keep him. Where did he go? Rochdale. Are they any good? No.

Id rather have an average L2 centre back than not!

CCP would have been good enough to fill in for Williams, as good as Williams no....but better than Vincent (who obviously isnt a centre back!) and Westwood (who is a worse than average L2 player)

Sturrock obviously didnt know Williams would miss the rest of the season and Ifil would get himself sent off but....the lack of denfensive cover without CCP is seriously lacking and he is exactly what we need right now!!

onto Brownlie, his game is different to Sturrock Jrs....but Brownlie looked a better finisher early season than Roberts! I reckon Brownlie and Sturrock as a partnership wouldnt do to bad!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 17:28:31 »

Quote from: "DV85"

CCP would have been good enough to fill in for Williams, as good as Williams no....but better than Vincent (who obviously isnt a centre back!) and Westwood (who is a worse than average L2 player)

You can't judge Westwood on one shit performance, being out for 6 weeks and only being at the club 24hrs.  You may have a point but we'll have to see.

Chester fans seem to rate him but conceed he is too injury prone.
Piemonte

« Reply #52 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 17:32:17 »

Quote from: "Batch"
Quote from: "DV85"

You can't judge Westwood on one shit performance, being out for 6 weeks and only being at the club 24hrs.  You may have a point but we'll have to see.

Chester fans seem to rate him but conceed he is too injury prone.

Indeed. Westwoods career history would indicate he is a much more accomplished player than CCP - hes played virtually his whole career at a higher level than L2, if he can show that then it will look a cracking bit of business, if not Sturrock looks a cock.

It is on these sort of decisions that a manager is judged.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 17:34:42 »

Quote from: DV85
Quote from: "Piemonte"

I reckon Brownlie and Sturrock as a partnership wouldnt do to bad!

Apart from a complete lack of pace....

CCP should have been kept, he can do more than a job at this level. Signing Westwood I can't understand...an injury prone Chester reserve, brilliant Sturrock.  :|
Piemonte

« Reply #54 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 17:35:51 »

I never said dem tings chris!
lebowski

« Reply #55 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 20:52:38 »

i'm going to stick my neck out here and say that the facts that 1) only rochdale wanted to sign him, and 2) that he's yet to play for them, suggest to me that charlie comyn platt is not the answer.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: