Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mooney being naughty  (Read 3224 times)
yeo

Ignore
« on: Sunday, March 6, 2005, 00:18:00 »

Seems he's getting fed up and they're getting fed up with him.
Never in all my years of supporting OUFC have I seen such an arrogant display as the one I saw today from Mr Mooney. He should, quite frankly, be ashamed of himself and an apology to the fans would not be out of the question. I spend my hard earned money buying a ticket and travelling 100+ miles to the home games and to lose is bad enough, but to have a player quite blatantly in a sulk for the majority of the second half is disgraceful. Davies did not deserve the mouthful he got, and I appreciate that he could not head the ball, but surely that should have been accounted for by chasing down the ball and harrying the defenders? With half an hour left of the season to see him kick the ball from the kickoff in sheer pectulance was an utter disgrace.

I for one will not be sorry to see him go if he repeats that attitutde for any games from now to the end of the season. He should remember, he has never been a footballing great, he is just an above average player in a lower than avergae team in a lower than average league. He is also keeping talented young players out of the first team, namely Davies and Brooks, who would relish his first team slot.

I am not a huge fan of Davies and would tend to side with Mooney in their little dispute because Davies does look a tad over confident, however, when Davies came on he showed the hunger and desperation for a result that Mooney could not be bothered to give.

I cant actually work out what he's done though.

/
W56196272
DMR

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, March 6, 2005, 00:19:35 »

He snapped at Davies for belting a free kick wide. Then told an Oxford fan who yelled at him to eff off.

We tried to warn them about these tantrums...
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, March 6, 2005, 00:23:31 »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all let me make it clear that I think Mooney has been one of if not the best Oxford players this year. Today however I thought his attitude stank. Not just his own play (obviously did not want to head the ball all game) but the way he got stuck into other players and his body language all game. Some examples:
- stood their shaking his head for a full minute and held his face in his hands when Davies came on for Basham
- lambasted Davies after he had balsted a free kick over the ball
- lambasted Rapponi after he delivered a free kick into the box which he obviously thought should have been laid back to him
- his attitude particularly in the second half said I ndo not want to be here.

I have supported him home and away all season and totally out of character stayed behind after the final whistle to let Tommy know how I felt about his game today.
I shouted "Tommy, Captains are meant to encourage". His response "p...s off".
If their is a divide in the camp, as was suggested on Rad Ox how much is down to Mooney? I wonder whether the reason Davies is not playing is because he and Mooney do not get on. If that is the case then Mooney will destroy the confidence of a young player like Davies.

Oh joy!

/
W56196272
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, March 6, 2005, 00:30:15 »

Sounds just like last season...
DMR

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, March 6, 2005, 00:34:07 »

Barnsley at home, he got subbed before half time a la Rooney, when he was practically raping the referee. That was mental.

Good old Mooney.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, March 6, 2005, 00:40:04 »

oh ho ho, when things don't go his way he likes to throw his toys out of the pram doesn't he? he will be playing for another 4th division club before long then
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, March 6, 2005, 00:49:41 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
Barnsley at home, he got subbed before half time a la Rooney, when he was practically raping the referee. That was mental.

Good old Mooney.

I have never seen a player go quite so insane before, what the fuck happened anyway?
DMR

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, March 6, 2005, 00:52:19 »

What against Tykes?

He dived, didn't get penalty, got booked for protesting I think. Kept on protesting. Ref wouldn't listen so he turned on linesman. Lino wouldn't listen so he turned on players.
joey beauchamp

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, March 6, 2005, 18:22:21 »

Tommy Mooney is a class act (bit like me really}he hates losing, if a few more at the Kassam showed his attitude instead of just collecting their wages then we might get out of this god forsaken crap league--basically that result on sat ended our season so i cant blame him for losing it,i felt exactly the same,10 goals (none penalties) this season is a miracle in the present team IMO. Crying
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, March 6, 2005, 18:37:25 »

Joey your head seems somehow flatter and the distance between your ears wider, than when you disgraced the noble red shirt.....did an anvil land on your head?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, March 6, 2005, 22:21:59 »

Quote from: "oxford gayboy"
Tommy Mooney is a wanker (bit like me really}
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: