Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Concerning......  (Read 3458 times)
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, February 21, 2007, 02:42:37 »

Is that in his post match interview Sturrock has stated that he is seeing what the players are really like now etc.  

I know he saw each player in action at the beginning of his managerial career here however if its taken until now to see the  players attitudes, workrates and efforts,  then maybe, just maybe he made a mistake with the players hes shipped out/made surplus to requirements?

I hope this isn't the case but with our financial situation, we can't afford to make mistakes with such a small squad.

"I have learnt more in a 45 minute spell here than I have when I arrived" concerns me.
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, February 21, 2007, 08:43:10 »

Well my view is that they all behaved when there was a thread of being moved out during the transfer window, now they're back to their old tricks.

There's a rot in that playing squad. I'm sure of it. It's got to be got rid of.
fatbury

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, February 21, 2007, 08:43:49 »

we are also seeing what Sturrock is like now .. too IN with the current board for my liking and its now affecting results ..
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, February 21, 2007, 08:45:32 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
we are also seeing what Sturrock is like now .. too IN with the current board for my liking and its now affecting results ..

Well that's not proven yet ... I don't think that the results has anything to do with the board but more to do with the lifestyles of the players.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, February 21, 2007, 08:46:51 »

It's about time he brings someone in, every week he goes on about how he has player's lined up but he doesn't do anything.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, February 21, 2007, 08:52:37 »

Ok ok it was a bad result, and we need to turn things around, but now is not the time to start getting on the back on Sturrock.  All this "he's in with the board" will have a negative effect on the season and should be nipped in the bud.
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, February 21, 2007, 08:56:46 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Ok ok it was a bad result, and we need to turn things around, but now is not the time to start getting on the back on Sturrock.  All this "he's in with the board" will have a negative effect on the season and should be nipped in the bud.

I agree. This is the fault of the players, nobody else (with a slight dig at Sturrock over Monkey)
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, February 21, 2007, 08:57:46 »

It's Sturrocks job to pick the right team and get the players up for it, he failed to do that last night so he has to take some of the blame.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, February 21, 2007, 09:31:50 »

Yeah ok you can say he's made a few mistakes but the bloke's continued the good start to the season, and this really is his first barren spell.  He deserves the chance to put things right before we all start criticising him I'd say.
sonic youth

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, February 21, 2007, 09:32:40 »

Everyone blamed Iffy last season and forgave (most of) the players but now it's not Sturrock's fault but the players?

It's the manager's responsibility. End of.
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, February 21, 2007, 09:33:48 »

Quote from: "CHRIS_STFC"
It's Sturrocks job to pick the right team and get the players up for it, he failed to do that last night so he has to take some of the blame.

But you can't really hand too much blame to him when he's still really living on a team built by two previous managers. He's not had enough time to build his own squad (and maybe not the financial backing) so no matter who he picks it'll be the same end result.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, February 21, 2007, 09:39:15 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
Everyone blamed Iffy last season and forgave (most of) the players but now it's not Sturrock's fault but the players?

It's the manager's responsibility. End of.

good point Sonique my reasoning behind that was that Iffy never should have got the job in the first place, he had no experience and was out of his depth,  I don't think anyone was stating that "with this set of players we should stay up" it was a collective thing, the whole club was a shambles last year, from top to bottom.

My point now is that this is just a bad bit of form we've run into, I don't think it's as bad as we're making out here.  Sturrock's a good enough manager to get us up, the players are good enough to gain promotion, let's just get through this bad period and get back to winning ways.

Disclaimer - I wasn't there last night and am not truly aware of how bad the performance may have been.
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, February 21, 2007, 09:43:13 »

I'm sorry, Sonic, but I never blamed Iffy. I think he was put in a bad situation when he wasn't experienced enough but that was never his fault.

Iffy has the same trouble Wise and now Sturrock has - the rot that King left.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, February 21, 2007, 09:45:05 »

We're going through a bad patch that is all. Every team and manager does it. Sturrock is to blame as he makes the decisions, team choices and subs etc.. I don't give a shit if he's in with the board or not, i want the team to perform. I want passion from the players. But I sincerely think that Sturrock is the right man to get it out of the players given time.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, February 21, 2007, 09:50:50 »

Some of you are reading far too much in to his comments....

Sturrock simply meant that now that he is facing his first mini-slump as manager he is starting to see the real character of the players.  After all, its only when things are going against you that you can really see who has the character to drag the team out of the mess.

Yes, its his responsibility to get the tactics right, pick the right players for the job, etc but the players need to pull their weight as well.  There is only so much a manager can do from the touchline.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: