Pages: 1 ... 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 ... 311   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gigs  (Read 1072618 times)
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #1725 on: Thursday, November 25, 2010, 09:53:25 »

I've got Arcade Fire next week, anyone else going to that at the o2?

Ha Ha my missus has just won two tickets for next Wednesday. Nice  Clap
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #1726 on: Thursday, November 25, 2010, 17:37:11 »

Blink 182 (birmingham) for the third time next year.  Hitler

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #1727 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2010, 15:17:37 »

Watched Interpol at Brixton last night. Slashed my wrists and thoroughly enjoyed myself !
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #1728 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2010, 15:26:41 »

johnny flynn on thursday. yip yip yippeeee

Also have isle of wight tickets for next year. Line up last year was pretty very decent, seems a bit of let down so far for 2011. The script, plan b and the lead singer from toploader on the main stage on the sunday. Wooooo

Things get better but they never get good
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #1729 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2010, 15:53:36 »

Watched Interpol at Brixton last night. Slashed my wrists and thoroughly enjoyed myself !
I was there last night Smiley Thought they were superb.We were up in the circle which was a bit pants but was all i could get.Only got to stand up during the encore,during which i discovered how hard it is to dance to Evil   Embarrassed

Didn't get home till gone 1.30,which at least meant we got to listen to the cricket.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #1730 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2010, 16:02:17 »

I was there last night Smiley Thought they were superb.We were up in the circle which was a bit pants but was all i could get.Only got to stand up during the encore,during which i discovered how hard it is to dance to Evil   Embarrassed

Didn't get home till gone 1.30,which at least meant we got to listen to the cricket.

Yep I agree they were superb. We were stood, which was nice (in front of mixing desk) but had to go in the middle of the encore so not to miss the last train (great timing as we did it with a minute to spare). Went with my bruv and his son in law who is from Oz so we had an entertaining trip back too !  Clap
woolster

« Reply #1731 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2010, 16:05:33 »

kings of leon, week friday NIA, saw them at V  Beers
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #1732 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2010, 16:19:40 »

Saw Gentleman's Dub Club at Camden Barfly over the weekend. They're like a modern Specials and were amazing. 9 piece dub/reggae band.

Brilliant venue too, nice and small.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #1733 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 09:58:59 »

Madness at the BIC tonight.

Showed plenty of Madness by going last night!

Clems Army!
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #1734 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 10:16:41 »

gruff rhys is touring in feb, closest to you lot is bristol.

i have madness next week, supported by paul heaton.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #1735 on: Thursday, December 9, 2010, 19:23:56 »

johnny flynn on thursday. yip yip yippeeee

Also have isle of wight tickets for next year. Line up last year was pretty very decent, seems a bit of let down so far for 2011. The script, plan b and the lead singer from toploader on the main stage on the sunday. Wooooo

I'm going to this, it's the lead singer from Starsailor though i believe, not Toploader (i bloody hope it's not), and Jeff Beck is on as well on Sunday.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #1736 on: Friday, December 10, 2010, 00:09:17 »

Yeah, apparently so. Still, not that enthsed tbh, line-up so far isn;t half as good as this years

In other news i've jus got back from seeing johnny flynn in bristol. Venue was a bit odd, seeing as it was surrounded by adult shops and 'massage parlours', but the music was brilliant. I'm sure i've said it before, but johnny flynn is the greatest wordsmith musician in the country. The fact the great unwashed of the country would rather fawnicate over two bit chavs covering two bit pop songs makes me sick. This country is culturally redundant, what do we do when we run out of songs to cover. Simon cowell has ruined everything. cunty chops

Things get better but they never get good
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1737 on: Friday, December 10, 2010, 08:37:09 »

Yeah, apparently so. Still, not that enthsed tbh, line-up so far isn;t half as good as this years

In other news i've jus got back from seeing johnny flynn in bristol. Venue was a bit odd, seeing as it was surrounded by adult shops and 'massage parlours', but the music was brilliant. I'm sure i've said it before, but johnny flynn is the greatest wordsmith musician in the country. The fact the great unwashed of the country would rather fawnicate over two bit chavs covering two bit pop songs makes me sick. This country is culturally redundant, what do we do when we run out of songs to cover. Simon cowell has ruined everything. cunty chops

That's quite funny as this morning I was thinking that exact thing regarding Simon Cowell and today's music. Think back to the greats of the 60s, 70s,80s and 90s. You could easily list 100 (probably more like 1000) bands/artists that have actually made music great. You remember where you were when you heard certain songs etc

Then take 2000 onwards and the X Factor revulsion. Absolute mindless pap that will long go into the annals of the musical dustbin.

Its a sad state of affairs that a lot of people I know are having X Factor parties to watch the final of this ridiculous programme.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1738 on: Friday, December 10, 2010, 08:41:37 »

I saw Billy Bragg last night at The Assembly in Leamington Spa. Great gig at a great venue and got to meet him afterwards, brilliant night
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1739 on: Friday, December 10, 2010, 09:13:19 »

I saw Billy Bragg last night at The Assembly in Leamington Spa. Great gig at a great venue and got to meet him afterwards, brilliant night

He lives literally just down the road from me just on the Chard side of Bridport, about 5 miles away, he has a bit of a reputation locally as being a bit miserable and morose!

On an asside, if any of you are in Bristol tonight and want a good night out with good music, come along to Gareth Chilcotts club The Tunnels, under Bristhole Temple Meads railway station.

http://www.ents24.com/web/event/The-Communicators-The-Tunnels-Bristol-2177886.html

Selling out fast, less than 30 tickets left tonight.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 ... 311   Go Up
Print
Jump to: