Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 ... 312   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gigs  (Read 1073318 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #1125 on: Thursday, June 25, 2009, 20:04:22 »

My 5 year old daughter said something was awesome yesterday.

Its just not right.

Never knowingly overstated.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #1126 on: Thursday, June 25, 2009, 21:35:31 »

I love her. were going to get married and have lots of little folk babys and it is going to be AWESOME
AS long as you don't let her sing at the wedding you'll be fine. Enjoy your folk babies. Any names in mind?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #1127 on: Thursday, June 25, 2009, 22:33:18 »

Blur were splendid.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1128 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2009, 10:06:42 »

Got a few bits and bobs in the pipeline coming up for the rest of the year.

Maybe going to see Mars Volta on Monday. Also in Luxembourg I quite fancy Cold War Kids on the 21st July, Snow Patrol on the 25th, Primal Scream, Calexico and Dinosaur JR in August, Fleet Foxes in September, White Lies in October and then in November Mando Diao and the week after Prodigy who I have been gagging to see live for years!!

In England I plan to see Tom Mcrae after the Wycombe game and then Airbourne Toxic Event after the Leeds game, both at the Carling Academy in Oxford.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #1129 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2009, 16:01:17 »

Going to see Dinosaur Jr at the Anson Rooms in brizzle on Sept 5th, going to do my best to get tickets for Pixies in October too (on sale friday).

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #1130 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2009, 18:13:59 »

The Folksmen and Spinal Tap were amaaaaazing.

Keith Emerson came on did his part trick of destroying his organ. I was entertained.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 1, 2009, 18:35:35 by Rich Pullen » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1131 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2009, 19:15:16 »

Going to see Dinosaur Jr at the Anson Rooms in brizzle on Sept 5th, going to do my best to get tickets for Pixies in October too (on sale friday).

What are Dinosaur Jr actually like? I have only heard 1 of their songs 'feel the pian' which is on one of my 'shine' albums!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #1132 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2009, 20:15:04 »

i saw them live 2 years ago, they were fucking dreadful. j mascis had his guitar so fucking lud i only think i heard the bass and drums twice throughout the whole gig.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #1133 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2009, 20:21:17 »

With a proper mix they're fucking magical.  Probably.  Haven't seen it yet though!

Never knowingly overstated.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1134 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2009, 20:25:43 »

The Folksmen and Spinal Tap were amaaaaazing.

Keith Emerson came on did his part trick of destroying his organ. I was entertained.

I liked The Nice's version of America, strongly featuring Emerson's keyboard work and had seen Lake in King Crimson who were an interesting band, so thought Emerson, Lake and Palmer might be fun when I saw them in 70....wrong.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #1135 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2009, 21:57:22 »

I liked The Nice's version of America, strongly featuring Emerson's keyboard work and had seen Lake in King Crimson who were an interesting band, so thought Emerson, Lake and Palmer might be fun when I saw them in 70....wrong.

Saw Carl Palmer at the Arts Centre a couple of years ago doing a drumming gig/masterclass which was top notch ! Christ knows why he picked the Arts Centre (as much as I like it !)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1136 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2009, 23:14:35 »

I like the cover that DJ did of Just Like Heaven.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #1137 on: Thursday, July 2, 2009, 00:29:19 »

What are Dinosaur Jr actually like? I have only heard 1 of their songs 'feel the pian' which is on one of my 'shine' albums!!

I'm not very good at describing bands, so here's wiki to do it for me:

Their distinct sound, characterized by high gain, extensive use of feedback and distortion, and frontman J Mascis's melodic guitar solos, were highly influential in the alternative rock movement of the 1990s, which is exemplified by the success of acknowledged fans Kurt Cobain of Nirvana, among others.

New album 'Farm' is very good - I'd recommend 'Without a Sound', 'Bug', and 'Fossils' as well for a start. TBH it's only recently I've started to explore their music further, having been a huge fan of 'Without a Sound' for ages. Saw them back in 2005, not long after they'd reformed it seems, and I didn't really appreciate it at the time. Hoping this'll be better.

And the cover of 'Just Like Heaven' is ace.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #1138 on: Saturday, July 4, 2009, 09:55:22 »

Blur. Hyde Park. Last night. Awesome.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1139 on: Saturday, July 4, 2009, 09:56:24 »

Blur. Hyde Park. Last night. Awesome.

Quoted for truth.

Although fuck me did it take forever to actually get to Blur, four support acts is just taking the piss really.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 ... 312   Go Up
Print
Jump to: