Pages: 1 ... 263 264 265 [266] 267 268 269 ... 312   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gigs  (Read 1072849 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #3975 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 11:54:27 »

The Damned, one off 45th anniversary tour next summer, original line up.  Eek
Ticket prices at the premium end to say the least, fair enough.
Hopefully it will go ahead before the 50th anniversary.

Really feel for those who were working in the live music industry.
Maybe a small crumb of comfort, but the market isn't going anywhere and will still be there ready to go when the doors open again.

It'll be a travesty, like that Buzzcocks tribute at the RAH you went to. The problem with old punk bands is they think under-rehearsing is part of their anti-establishment ethic. It might have been cute when they were 18, but it's a lot less charming when they're shambling 60-somethings. Especially at establishment ripoff prices.

PS. Enjoy.  Wink

Tout ce que je sais de plus sűr ŕ propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3976 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 13:11:04 »

It'll be a travesty, like that Buzzcocks tribute at the RAH you went to. The problem with old punk bands is they think under-rehearsing is part of their anti-establishment ethic. It might have been cute when they were 18, but it's a lot less charming when they're shambling 60-somethings. Especially at establishment ripoff prices.

PS. Enjoy.  Wink

Yeah, there is a risk of it being below par and a waste of money.
I'd trust Vanian and Sensible to ensure a good show, not so sure about the other two.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #3977 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 14:45:02 »

Yeah, there is a risk of it being below par and a waste of money.
I'd trust Vanian and Sensible to ensure a good show, not so sure about the other two.
Vanian and the Captain won't let anyone down. Great performers. Have Sensible and Scabies made up? I look forward to finding out!

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #3978 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 15:07:29 »

I may have said this before but Sensible was in Chippenham Sainsburys recently.  Im sure he lives down Brighton way so Ive no idea what bought him up here.

Never knowingly overstated.
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #3979 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 19:28:58 »

I have seen the Damned a couple of times in the last decade or so - once at a festival, once supporting Motorhead at the Oasis.  Thought they were damned good each time (seriously, no pun intended - only clocked that after I typed).  Good value for money IMO, and if I got a chance to see them with original line up would go for it.

No one kills a thread like me....
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #3980 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 21:00:30 »

I regret that  I never got to see Motorhead live.  If/when this is all over, I intend to get out catch all the bands that may not be going for that much longer.

Nothing to see here
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #3981 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 21:08:03 »

I worked as for Motorheads promoter as on the road rep for about 6 tours in the UK.  Including one where we had the Damned as main support.

For what it's worth after all those tours I give me a bottle of jack and a tenner I can probably do the whole show for you.  It was, um, consistent.

JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #3982 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 21:14:22 »

I worked as for Motorheads promoter as on the road rep for about 6 tours in the UK.  Including one where we had the Damned as main support.

For what it's worth after all those tours I give me a bottle of jack and a tenner I can probably do the whole show for you.  It was, um, consistent.

I assume that you have a few tales to tell when you come to write your memoir.

Nothing to see here
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #3983 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 21:50:50 »

I regret that  I never got to see Motorhead live.  If/when this is all over, I intend to get out catch all the bands that may not be going for that much longer.

Luckily I did get to see Motörhead, everything you'd expect, but louder.

Occasionally through work I've met a guy from Bad Manners.  I asked him once who were the band who treated people the best.  Without a pause, he said Motörhead. He wouldn't tell me who the worst were.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3984 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 22:01:43 »

I saw Motorhead, Alice Cooper and Joan Jett in 2007 when all the 80s bands were doing joint tours (must have seen Thunder , Whitesnake and Def Leppard sharing a bill around the same time). It was indeed very loud, Cooper blew them away for stagecraft but I guess that was not a surprise.

Also we were the youngest people there by a good 20 years.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #3985 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 23:09:11 »

I saw the damned in Bar 12 a few years ago, very intimate gig, great night.

Awesome

« Last Edit: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 23:16:41 by 4D » Logged
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3986 on: Friday, January 15, 2021, 10:08:13 »

Ever the optimist so just booked up for Sleaford Mods in Oxford in November.
What little I've heard by them has a strangely moreish quality so will give them a go.
Plus the added bonus that they look like a couple of layabouts as well.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #3987 on: Friday, January 15, 2021, 13:52:40 »

Im booked in to be the promoters rep on that tour.  So hopefully it goes ahead.  Ive currently still got shows on my books from March onwards.

Christ knows when Ill actually get back to it.

:-(

BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #3988 on: Friday, January 15, 2021, 15:43:20 »

Ever the optimist so just booked up for Sleaford Mods in Oxford in November.
What little I've heard by them has a strangely moreish quality so will give them a go.
Plus the added bonus that they look like a couple of layabouts as well.
Think you will enjoy this Wobbly Bob. Despite the very stripped down approach, it works really well. Not good if you don't enjoy persistant potty-mouth language. Personally, found it fine and entertaining. I too am a layabout!!

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #3989 on: Friday, January 15, 2021, 15:52:31 »

I have tickets to see The Specials this year at the Oasis.

My Ex has had her Human League Tickets refunded...ive had fuck all as yet.

Anybody else know anything?

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 265 [266] 267 268 269 ... 312   Go Up
Print
Jump to: