Pages: 1 ... 260 261 262 [263] 264 265 266 ... 312   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gigs  (Read 1072804 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #3930 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2020, 18:16:31 »

Yeah me too,I think in this case its down to the band to cancel or a blanket ban which I haven't seen yet.
I know Rammstein have had to cancel most German dates as there is a ban on large gatherings there for during their tour.

As it happens I was with someone who works with Rammstein today.  He was saying that they production team on it have had nothing official, but the singer let slip in the press that it wasn't happening.  They haven't told those working on it.

It's really difficult at the moment.  Promoters are having to give it the best possible chance thats it's going to happen as the insurers are not forthcoming with advice or hint of coughing up.

Never knowingly overstated.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #3931 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2020, 19:27:19 »

As it happens I was with someone who works with Rammstein today.  He was saying that they production team on it have had nothing official, but the singer let slip in the press that it wasn't happening.  They haven't told those working on it.

It's really difficult at the moment.  Promoters are having to give it the best possible chance thats it's going to happen as the insurers are not forthcoming with advice or hint of coughing up.

Cheers Sax
Valid Pint

« Reply #3932 on: Saturday, May 16, 2020, 13:43:30 »

Anyone aware of footage of the Bryan Adams or Elton John gigs at the CG?
I can't stand the music of either of them, but just interested to see how the crowd was laid out.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #3933 on: Monday, May 18, 2020, 09:59:11 »

Anyone aware of footage of the Bryan Adams or Elton John gigs at the CG?
I can't stand the music of either of them, but just interested to see how the crowd was laid out.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wiltshire/content/image_galleries/elton_john_190605_gallery.shtml
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #3934 on: Monday, May 18, 2020, 10:02:55 »

Cliff Hill sounds like a laugh a minute  Roll Eyes
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #3935 on: Monday, May 18, 2020, 10:47:19 »

Do you think Elton did "Im dill danding?"

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #3936 on: Monday, May 18, 2020, 16:27:28 »

Saw the above a few weeks back and the line 'wind up like the wreck you hide behind that meth you use...' had me in stitches.

Elton John, enabling Karaoke stars everywhere. "Belton Johnny - Blackpool '97" it was, "Elton John - Rock Gala '86" it wasn't.

Seem to remember (from footage, will have to check Youtube) the Rock Gala, it was John, Clapton, Knopfler & Collins. Quite the band. Considering the libel case he was fighting with The Sun around that time, I'd say John gave his best performance of 'I'm Still Standing' back then.

I've always thought a certain irony to his song though...I'm still standing, played sat at a piano  Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Valid Pint

« Reply #3937 on: Friday, June 5, 2020, 06:56:12 »

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/18498004.john-lennon-act-play-uks-first-virtual-gig-level-3-swindon/

This guy is FAB. Worth a watch live online Sat 6th June 7pm BST
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3938 on: Friday, June 5, 2020, 17:35:36 »

If you want a good laugh and see a few brilliant comedians please come pay the small sum of £16.76p for several hours of comedy live on Zoom, support my very good friend Wil Hodgsons Chippenham Comedy festival online on Saturday June 20th and Sunday June 21st.

Quite a few of my friends are performing live such as Viz creator Simon Donald, the lovely Suzy Bennett and on Sunday John Robbins with a pub quiz and a great true crimes story time with comedy magician Danny Buckler.

As well as Charlie Baker, Kate Smurthwaite, Andrew O'Neil and at least 7 other acts from the comedy circuit.

Have a great laugh and a good time watching some superb acts.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/chippenham-comedy-festival-2020-online-tickets-108224051050

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #3939 on: Friday, June 5, 2020, 19:21:08 »

If you want a good laugh and see a few brilliant comedians please come pay the small sum of £16.76p for several hours of comedy live on Zoom, support my very good friend Wil Hodgsons Chippenham Comedy festival online on Saturday June 20th and Sunday June 21st.

Quite a few of my friends are performing live such as Viz creator Simon Donald, the lovely Suzy Bennett and on Sunday John Robbins with a pub quiz and a great true crimes story time with comedy magician Danny Buckler.

As well as Charlie Baker, Kate Smurthwaite, Andrew O'Neil and at least 7 other acts from the comedy circuit.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/chippenham-comedy-festival-2020-online-tickets-108224051050

Andrew O'Neill is brilliant.  His History of Heavy Metal* would appeal to the metellers and rockers on here.

*Sit down Lars

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #3940 on: Friday, June 5, 2020, 19:59:08 »

Not sure my head is round doing this without being down there.  I may well still sign up for Wil.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #3941 on: Saturday, June 6, 2020, 16:00:05 »

For any Madness fans, they are premiering Too Mad Men at 9pm on YouTube tonight.

Suggs and Mike Barson with the London String Group performing several Madness songs.

Valid Pint

« Reply #3942 on: Monday, June 8, 2020, 06:51:43 »

For any Madness fans, they are premiering Too Mad Men at 9pm on YouTube tonight.

Suggs and Mike Barson with the London String Group performing several Madness songs.
Good spot. Nightboat was good. And the strings in general were ace.
But Suggs murdered Bowie's Life On Mars! Huge mistake to tackle that one.

But in general there has been a big change in that groups can perform together in person again with decent sound & various camera angles, rather than tinny kitchen gigs. It's on its way back!!!
« Last Edit: Monday, June 8, 2020, 06:59:21 by Valid Pint » Logged
Peter Venkman

« Reply #3943 on: Monday, June 8, 2020, 08:26:17 »

I agree, Suggs is not a great singer, not even really a good singer but he is definately a part of my youth and Madness are more about having fun that for their musical ability!

Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #3944 on: Friday, June 19, 2020, 07:55:07 »

Some gigs happening this summer.  In car parks.  Drive in.

http://www.livenation.co.uk/utilitalivefromthedrivein?fbclid=IwAR0q_gBRED9VYvZ6zazee32rihrcHs5Ean9tLgnW7I628oPmuEb79alGR8Y

Pages: 1 ... 260 261 262 [263] 264 265 266 ... 312   Go Up
Print
Jump to: