Pages: 1 ... 256 257 258 [259] 260 261 262 ... 312   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gigs  (Read 1073341 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #3870 on: Monday, October 28, 2019, 14:28:29 »

Going to see Of Monsters and Men tomorrow night in Hammersmith.

Not too shabby BO. Enjoy.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3871 on: Monday, October 28, 2019, 16:53:18 »

See Madness in London for £2.50 next month.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/madness-announce-2-50-tickets-intimate-london-show-next-month-2561781/

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #3872 on: Monday, October 28, 2019, 17:00:07 »

Was at SWX about 12 months, decent enough venue, but then again was quite a small turnout.
Didn't use the bog though and the place might have gone to pot since then plus the locals are generally quite filthy.

Could also be a bit messy backstage where the bourgeoisie hang out.  Wink

Due back next month for New Model Army.

Because I trust your taste and I'm always open to new music, I've spent the day listening to NMA on the phones and they're quite good aren't they. In the days long before you could just try anything out from the comfort of your desk, I instinctively dismissed them as basic protopunkers, based on not a lot more than their name and their graphics, which you'd have to admit could easily mislead the casual observer. What album should I start with? - I'm liking the sound of Thunder & Consolation at present.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3873 on: Monday, October 28, 2019, 18:26:32 »

Because I trust your taste and I'm always open to new music, I've spent the day listening to NMA on the phones and they're quite good aren't they. In the days long before you could just try anything out from the comfort of your desk, I instinctively dismissed them as basic protopunkers, based on not a lot more than their name and their graphics, which you'd have to admit could easily mislead the casual observer. What album should I start with? - I'm liking the sound of Thunder & Consolation at present.

A good place to start RF.
Equally The Ghost of Cain, Impurity or No Rest for the Wicked.
Then working backwards from the new stuff.
Enjoy!
« Last Edit: Monday, October 28, 2019, 18:29:56 by Wobbly Bob » Logged

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #3874 on: Tuesday, November 12, 2019, 13:53:30 »

Watched Liam Gallagher last night in Cardiff. He was absolutely superb, voice sounded great. Brilliant gig.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #3875 on: Tuesday, November 12, 2019, 16:04:17 »

I've just seen that Ghostface Killah is at SWX on Saturday and more tickets have just been released.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #3876 on: Tuesday, November 12, 2019, 23:22:13 »

I've just seen that Ghostface Killah is at SWX on Saturday and more tickets have just been released.

Nice! That'd get the Wu-Tang juices flowing.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3877 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2019, 17:46:40 »

Live football wins out over live music next Tuesday.

So have a ticket going for popular beat combo Primal Scream in Oxford on that night. O2 Academy.
If anyone is interested (or knows anyone who might be), just give me  a shout. Below face value TEF discount available.

Cheers.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #3878 on: Sunday, November 24, 2019, 10:41:08 »

Went to my first gig in probably 8 years last night.

I grew up listening to punk hardcore and one of the first live bands i watched when i was 14 were a band from New York called Sick of it All. Even back in 1999 they were a well established band in this genre and last night, 20 years later i saw them again.

Bare in mind these guys are well into their 50's now, and have been touring for over 30 years, the energy and passion they put into their performance was astonishing. They put people 20/30 years younger than them to shame.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #3879 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 13:12:16 »

Went to see Adam Ant doing his "Friend or foe" tour last night at the Birmingham Symphony Hall.

Brilliant venue and a totally packed out audience and Adam was utterly brilliant, really up for it and lost loads of weight and was putting in so much effort and the quality was fantastic.

Did the first 45 mins of the wntire album "Friend or foe" and then followed it with a whole hour of his other hits.

If you get a chance go see it if you are a fan of his.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3880 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 13:21:05 »

taking of which, O2 academy have a black Friday deal on.

Mr  Ant Brixton gig is available on a twofer

https://academymusicgroup.com/o2academybristol/black-friday-2019-pre-sale?j=2991606&l=529_HTML&u=148953579&mid=1063635&jb=319&sfmc_sub=1241312213&utm_source=Email-Black+Friday+subscriber+solus+with+all+deals+261119&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2991606-11/26/2019&utm_content=1063635
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #3881 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 14:08:08 »

Went to see Adam Ant doing his "Friend or foe" tour last night at the Birmingham Symphony Hall.

Brilliant venue and a totally packed out audience and Adam was utterly brilliant, really up for it and lost loads of weight and was putting in so much effort and the quality was fantastic.

Did the first 45 mins of the wntire album "Friend or foe" and then followed it with a whole hour of his other hits.

If you get a chance go see it if you are a fan of his.

He is still one of the most dislikable dicks Ive met in this business.  I know he's had mental problems but it didnt excuse some of the behaviour.

Never knowingly overstated.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #3882 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 14:50:55 »

He is still one of the most dislikable dicks Ive met in this business.  I know he's had mental problems but it didnt excuse some of the behaviour.

I know you had a few run ins during his tour you managed mate.

No that is inexcusable and he is known as "hard work" to say the least.

His gig last night though was one of THE best gigs I have ever seen, he has lost loads of weight too, probably down to 9 stone now and really fit. But attitude changes are rarer.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3883 on: Monday, December 2, 2019, 13:41:47 »

Going to see Edinburgh band 'We Were Promised Jetpacks' at the Scala tomorrow. 

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #3884 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2019, 12:47:43 »

Idles at Ally Pally Saturday. Excited !
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 258 [259] 260 261 262 ... 312   Go Up
Print
Jump to: