Pages: 1 ... 255 256 257 [258] 259 260 261 ... 312   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gigs  (Read 1073094 times)
Hockaday For England

Ignore
« Reply #3855 on: Sunday, August 11, 2019, 16:54:08 »

Don't particularly like politics, gratuitous swearing or rap/talking in songs. But, there is something about them that I like - Can't put my finger on what it is. (Wouldn't go to see them mind - 'I hate going out. Going out is for young people!')

TCR I believe..... which remains their best ditty (if I am to be believed...)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #3856 on: Sunday, August 11, 2019, 19:12:21 »

TCR I believe..... which remains their best ditty (if I am to be believed...)
'Oh no! Oh no! They've got the experts in!' (Kebab Spider aint bad either)  Too Cool

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3857 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 13:58:55 »

SLF in Gloucester tonight.
Still a very good live band although Jake Burns talks too much between songs. He has expanded around the waist over the years so maybe needs to catch his breath between numbers.

I think chalkies_shorts mentioned that he would be going along to this with daughter shortly before signing off.
I guess there is a risk involved in approaching complete strangers and asking if they are chalkies_shorts.
Maybe not as much if one day happening to fall out of a pub in Kefalonia and asking the bemused and possibly irate locals if any of them is a former bellend.
 Pint

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3858 on: Thursday, October 3, 2019, 18:10:48 »

The Railway Inn in the impressive city of Winchester for the mighty Theatre of Hate tonight.

Speaking of which, if King Alfred were still around would he feel the need to stride forth and unite a divide island?

Boris the Great. Hmmm  Nah, just doesn't have that sense of gravitas that will be remembered by future generations.

Anyway, pub venues that host live music are great.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Panda Paws

« Reply #3859 on: Friday, October 4, 2019, 11:33:15 »

Kano in Brighton on Sunday. Can't wait. Last of the great UK grime artists I've yet to see, and my favourite.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #3860 on: Friday, October 4, 2019, 15:45:55 »

Oh wow, that'll be great. I'd like to see him.
Panda Paws

« Reply #3861 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 11:38:29 »

Oh wow, that'll be great. I'd like to see him.

He was so good - Unreal delivery live for a rapper. Puts so many of the new breed to shame, in terms of content, delivery and performance.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #3862 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 11:42:56 »

Miles Kane (again) for me at SWX in Bristol tomorrow night. New venue for me.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #3863 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 12:15:49 »

Filthy.  Take some antiseptic wipes.

Never knowingly overstated.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3864 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 13:49:48 »

Was at SWX about 12 months, decent enough venue, but then again was quite a small turnout.
Didn't use the bog though and the place might have gone to pot since then plus the locals are generally quite filthy.

Could also be a bit messy backstage where the bourgeoisie hang out.  Wink

Due back next month for New Model Army.

Crap!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3865 on: Monday, October 28, 2019, 12:40:27 »

The Damned at The Palladium tonight.
Night of a thousand vampires apparently and looking to get into the Guinness Book of Records.

Bollocks to dressing up, but hopefully the door staff will have been briefed about inviting the punters to enter first. If not, could be lots of people milling around outside.

Crap!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3866 on: Monday, October 28, 2019, 12:44:26 »

Due back next month for New Model Army.
Bloody hell, are they still going? Used to have a mate who was well into them, to the extent of wearing clogs. Looked bloody daft on a Friday night out, but on the upside he could always liven up a long walk back home when we missed the last bus by creating showers of sparks from the metal runners on them.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3867 on: Monday, October 28, 2019, 12:52:05 »

Bloody hell, are they still going? Used to have a mate who was well into them, to the extent of wearing clogs. Looked bloody daft on a Friday night out, but on the upside he could always liven up a long walk back home when we missed the last bus by creating showers of sparks from the metal runners on them.

Yeah still going strong.
Had forgotten about the clog connection.  Smiley

Crap!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3868 on: Monday, October 28, 2019, 12:59:42 »

Yeah still going strong.
Had forgotten about the clog connection.  Smiley
It was hilarious and irritating in equal measure. More than once, we missed the bus and had that long spark-illuminated walk home because he couldn't run in the bloody things.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3869 on: Monday, October 28, 2019, 13:52:26 »

Going to see Of Monsters and Men tomorrow night in Hammersmith.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 257 [258] 259 260 261 ... 312   Go Up
Print
Jump to: