Pages: 1 ... 253 254 255 [256] 257 258 259 ... 312   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gigs  (Read 1073307 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3825 on: Tuesday, June 25, 2019, 09:08:36 »

How was he? I'd better get a shift on and see him. Is he still sort of semi resident at the jazz cafe?

It was enjoyable.
I can see why some people, not knowing what to expect, might view it as just some old bloke rambling away to some backing tracks.
The band and supporting DJ are good so makes for a decent night out.

Saw him at XOYO, but he's back at the Jazz Café in November so there's your chance.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3826 on: Friday, June 28, 2019, 10:31:15 »

Rigorous pre season training continues before The Damned in Bath tonight.
Not been to Komedia before.
Sun is shining and ale houses are plentiful.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!

Ignore
« Reply #3827 on: Friday, June 28, 2019, 11:08:12 »

Still relating to that era but to a different musical genre, anyone attend the illegal rave near Lechlade in ‘92?

https://freepartypeople.wordpress.com/category/lechlade/

I went 👍
Always have a wry smile to myself when I pass that field on my way to Banbury.
digby

Ignore
« Reply #3828 on: Friday, June 28, 2019, 12:26:46 »

Rigorous pre season training continues before The Damned in Bath tonight.
Not been to Komedia before.
Sun is shining and ale houses are plentiful.
I went there last night for the first time to see The Dead South, and was really impressed with the venue, which is in the centre, less than 10 mins from the station. There's an upper balcony that sits about 200, and down below is standing for about 700 ish with bars both up and down. The gig was packed so generated a great atmosphere.

Really enjoyed the Dead South - they're 'a bit different' but take a look at this video - it's really catchy and I find I can't stop whistling it !

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3829 on: Friday, June 28, 2019, 15:12:42 »

I'm going to the Community 'festival' at Finsbury Park on Sunday. Don't know much of the bands there but will see Kooks and Gerry Cinnamon who are always good live. Thought £40 for a ticket was pretty good value.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #3830 on: Friday, June 28, 2019, 16:11:27 »

Im doing the Kooks in Oxford tonight as a warm up to that festival.  Its sold very well.  30 thousand which is pretty impressive on glastonbury weekend

Never knowingly overstated.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3831 on: Friday, June 28, 2019, 16:16:10 »

Im doing the Kooks in Oxford tonight as a warm up to that festival.  Its sold very well.  30 thousand which is pretty impressive on glastonbury weekend

That many? As you say that's quite impressive. Weather forecast is good so should be a cracking day out.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3832 on: Saturday, June 29, 2019, 09:20:57 »

I went there last night for the first time to see The Dead South, and was really impressed with the venue, which is in the centre, less than 10 mins from the station. There's an upper balcony that sits about 200, and down below is standing for about 700 ish with bars both up and down. The gig was packed so generated a great atmosphere.

Really enjoyed the Dead South - they're 'a bit different' but take a look at this video - it's really catchy and I find I can't stop whistling it !

Yeah, liked the venue. Probably prefer the smaller places anyway.
No obstructions (apart from tall people).
Thought it would be hot and sweaty but the ventilation was good.

Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3833 on: Saturday, June 29, 2019, 09:49:48 »

Yeah, liked the venue. Probably prefer the smaller places anyway.
No obstructions (apart from tall people).
Thought it would be hot and sweaty but the ventilation was good.

Reminds me some years ago, prob about 1980, I saw The Undertones, in what appeared to be the groundsman's hut at the Bath Rec.... Man it was hot, after what seemed about 5 or 6 numbers, Feargal sort of said to the crowd, anybody else think this is a bit silly, so it was agreed to knock it on the head. It was like the Black Hole of Calcutta in there
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #3834 on: Saturday, July 6, 2019, 10:20:03 »

Rammstein tonight, cant fucking wait
 Pint
Even if it means visiting stadium mk
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #3835 on: Sunday, July 7, 2019, 15:40:20 »

Rammstein tonight, cant fucking wait
 Pint
Even if it means visiting stadium mk

Fucking superb

Was even impressed with Stadium MK, tho feel a bit odd even thinking that.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #3836 on: Sunday, July 7, 2019, 16:30:11 »

John Robins at Chippenham comedy festival was a nice little 45 minute work in progress.

Brilliant.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3837 on: Monday, July 8, 2019, 08:58:33 »

John Robins at Chippenham comedy festival was a nice little 45 minute work in progress.

Brilliant.
I know JR quite well he is always excellent live, as was Phill Jupitus at the Chippenham Comedy festival opener on Thursday, had the privilege of him sat next to me having a chat for the whole of Wil Hodgsons gig too, obviously not chatting through it.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #3838 on: Monday, July 8, 2019, 09:28:38 »

Saw Peter Hooks Joy Division orchestrated at the Albert Hall on Friday. Bit dubious before the event but it was superb ! Hooky on good form !
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3839 on: Monday, July 8, 2019, 10:23:12 »

Saw Peter Hooks Joy Division orchestrated at the Albert Hall on Friday. Bit dubious before the event but it was superb ! Hooky on good form !

Damn it, totally missed this was on. Doubt I'd have made anyway in truth  Crying

Give me a stick floor Peter Hook and the Light gig over a New Order lots of people playing keyboards in boxes any day of the week.
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 255 [256] 257 258 259 ... 312   Go Up
Print
Jump to: