Pages: 1 ... 244 245 246 [247] 248 249 250 ... 312   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gigs  (Read 1072891 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3690 on: Sunday, November 4, 2018, 18:35:43 »

Ken?
Unlikely as I don't know a Ken do ya ken? Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Sir red ken

« Reply #3691 on: Sunday, November 4, 2018, 18:58:02 »

Unlikely as I don't know a Ken do ya ken? Smiley
I'm only a part-time ken.
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #3692 on: Sunday, November 4, 2018, 19:31:29 »

Na not convinced by that track. Lyrics are largely shit (bar the Tory bit) and over repetitive. The sound is ok (a bit early Kaiser Chiefs/The Strokes/FranzFerdinand) but it just seems to me like they're trying too hard to be something they're not.

Sound like a run of the mill band I'd see on the off chance at a festival or random gig and be like, they're ok but I won't rush out to buy their LP.

I'd opt for Slaves over these if I was booking them and I'm not that keen on Slaves. How apt though, the band Slaves getting one over on the Slave Traders (Idles).

Also, what a waste of perfectly good crockery!

That’s an oddly detailed description to give of a band you don’t like after a listen to one song, supposedly? Especially to be saying they sound like they’re trying to be something they’re not?!

Fair enough if they’re not everyone’s bag... the twitter comments about their performance on jools earlier in the autumn were cut straight down the middle from glowing admiration to “hipster shite”. I’m firmly in the “most important band around at the moment” camp, though.
Unless Kaisers, strokes or Franz had some very early stuff that I’m not aware of, I’m really not understanding the comparisons there. They are very different beasts.

They’ve all got their place ,but idles are justifiably (IMO) the hype band of the moment. They’ve been ripping it live for a while now.

The drop at 4:30. No pint is safe.

What ever happened to the good old days of saying “meh, not my thing”?
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #3693 on: Sunday, November 4, 2018, 19:47:45 »

Tenuous Link Klaxon:

My wives cousin goes out with a member of IDLES, went to my wedding and everything.

Good to see them getting successful.

Missed this. That’s quality. Any idea which one? They’re definitely on to something for the soft, lefty, snowflake types, like me. They’ll go far hopefully.

To cap the week off I was offered some free tickets for me and a mate to see Public Service Broadcasting at the Royal Albert Hall on Thursday...it was fucking fantastic. 3 gigs and a band practice in 4 nights took its toll eventually though. Sick as a parrot by Friday evening. Still worth it though.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3694 on: Sunday, November 4, 2018, 20:04:51 »

Public Service Broadcast are ace Webber. Saw them at Brixton Academy before. Very good.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #3695 on: Sunday, November 4, 2018, 21:57:28 »

Missed this. That’s quality. Any idea which one?

Of course! Lee K.
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #3696 on: Sunday, November 4, 2018, 22:39:04 »

Of course! Lee K.

Nice one. By all accounts they come across as a top bunch of lads, who’ve been through the mill a bit to get to where they are now. Good luck to the. The gig on Monday was one of those life affirming experiences that you get every now and then. People are fully on board.

Public Service Broadcast are ace Webber. Saw them at Brixton Academy before. Very good.

Yeah I’ve followed them for a while now and seen them a few times. Seeing them at the Albert Hall was particularly special. Fantastic show and sound.
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 4, 2018, 23:06:13 by WEBBERhyde » Logged
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #3697 on: Sunday, November 4, 2018, 22:41:25 »

I like them too!  Cool

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3698 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2018, 17:33:19 »

Giving Hugh Cornwell a go tonight.
In the meantime, just hanging around.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #3699 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2018, 23:14:30 »

Giving Hugh Cornwell a go tonight.
In the meantime, just hanging around.
Promoting his new album - Monster.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3700 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2018, 09:36:53 »

Promoting his new album - Monster.

Yes. Two sets. The solo stuff is pretty good.
Second set was described as "death by Stranglers".

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
since 75

Ignore
« Reply #3701 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2018, 11:38:11 »

Johnny Marr at Bath Forum last night. Brilliant as ever. DMA’S in Pompey next month. Excellent live band. Gonna be massive soon imo.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3702 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2018, 11:59:37 »

Miles Hunt (Wonder Stuff) at The Vic last night. Top acoustic set.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #3703 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2018, 15:24:02 »

David Byrne, supported by the achingly lovely Agnes Obel, on Monday night. His show is so theatrical, so choreographed, it makes you wonder how bands still get away with jiggling around behind their instruments after all this time. While others go through the motions, he keeps reinventing the genre. It was refreshing.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3704 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2018, 15:54:16 »

David Byrne, supported by the achingly lovely Agnes Obel, on Monday night. His show is so theatrical, so choreographed, it makes you wonder how bands still get away with jiggling around behind their instruments after all this time. While others go through the motions, he keeps reinventing the genre. It was refreshing.

Wanted to get along to one of his shows but couldn't fit it in.
A pity as he doesn't tour regularly.

Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 246 [247] 248 249 250 ... 312   Go Up
Print
Jump to: