Pages: 1 ... 241 242 243 [244] 245 246 247 ... 312   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gigs  (Read 1073247 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #3645 on: Friday, July 6, 2018, 09:43:09 »

Im just at here and then Ragley Hall in Worcestershire.

Never knowingly overstated.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3646 on: Friday, July 6, 2018, 09:46:18 »

Im just at here and then Ragley Hall in Worcestershire.
Thats a shame mate, I still owe you some alcoholic beverages Smiley

My daughter is wierd, shes 23 and thinks the sun shines out of Tom Jones arse.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3647 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 16:39:52 »

Was due to see The Breeders in Birmingham tonight, but knocked it on the head to stay home and watch the football.

Then get an email saying that the match will be screened at the venue before the gig.  Doh

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #3648 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 06:50:29 »

Less Than Jake/Reel Big Fish/Zebrahead/Suburban Legends.. Bournemouth in November.. can't wait.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Peter Venkman

« Reply #3649 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 09:01:17 »

Less Than Jake/Reel Big Fish/Zebrahead/Suburban Legends.. Bournemouth in November.. can't wait.
Seen RBF 3 times and my old band supported them for one of those gigs when we did Boomtown a few years back, absolutely brilliant live band as are LTJ but RBF are better.

DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #3650 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 09:17:00 »

Seen RBF 3 times and my old band supported them for one of those gigs when we did Boomtown a few years back, absolutely brilliant live band as are LTJ but RBF are better.

This will be my 6th time seeing LTJ and similarly RBF, in actual fact the last time I saw both was the "double headliner" together..

I think RBF are awesome, but I can't help but think LTJ blow them out of the water live.. My wife is a big RBF fan and I'm more LTJ so this show suits us perfectly.. plus Zebrahead are a bunch of fun.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #3651 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 09:23:27 »

This will be my 6th time seeing LTJ and similarly RBF, in actual fact the last time I saw both was the "double headliner" together..

I think RBF are awesome, but I can't help but think LTJ blow them out of the water live.. My wife is a big RBF fan and I'm more LTJ so this show suits us perfectly.. plus Zebrahead are a bunch of fun.
I must admit I am with the wife, RBF a bit better than LTK for me, still a great gg and they have double headlined a few tours in the last few years, good blokes all of them and a good laugh, never seen Zebrahead though but I haven't been to a proper 3rd wave ska gig for a few years since I stopped managing my band, I do miss it.

DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #3652 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 09:30:58 »

I must admit I am with the wife, RBF a bit better than LTK for me, still a great gg and they have double headlined a few tours in the last few years, good blokes all of them and a good laugh, never seen Zebrahead though but I haven't been to a proper 3rd wave ska gig for a few years since I stopped managing my band, I do miss it.

Zebrahead are like pop-punk with a rapper.. it's just good fun..

I shared a 'smoke' with Roger and Chris from LTJ and their dads outside of the Highbury Garage circa 2001/02.. It was a pretty weird scenario which was made more weird by being slapped around the face with a dildo by the lead singer of the support act (Frenzal Rhomb).

I think it was 2015 I saw them double headline last, Oxford O2 Academy.. really good gig.

I think, personally, whether you're in the RBF or LTJ camp, this gig wouldn't disappoint.

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #3653 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 16:29:52 »

What the hell will Aaron Barrett do when RBF ends? They've not been the same since Klopfenstein left them.

I always preferred RBF live but LTJ have the best album with Hello Rockview. Seen both more times than I care to remember. The first night out me and (my now) wife went on was an RBF/Zebrahead/Goldfinger/Matches show back in early '04.

I'll probably go to the Bristol gig as I didn't see Suburban Legends back in the day. I will stand at the back wondering where the years have gone  Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3654 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 17:38:50 »

I don't understand any of this. I literally don't rock.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #3655 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 17:42:43 »

I don't understand any of this. I literally don't rock.

I wouldn't call it rock  Cheesy

Was due to see The Breeders in Birmingham tonight, but knocked it on the head to stay home and watch the football.

Then get an email saying that the match will be screened at the venue before the gig.  Doh

Ouch! I was going to get tickets to see them in Bristol but it sold out.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3656 on: Friday, July 13, 2018, 08:18:07 »

Ouch! I was going to get tickets to see them in Bristol but it sold out.

Compensated by booking up to see them in Brussels in November.
Two day break with added bonus of sampling some local brews.

Pixies coming up in October.  Smiley

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #3657 on: Friday, July 13, 2018, 09:05:47 »

Fuck me, its is 2001 again :-) Those are some memories right there. One of my first gigs was seeing LTJ around '99 i think
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #3658 on: Friday, July 13, 2018, 18:21:08 »

What the hell will Aaron Barrett do when RBF ends? They've not been the same since Klopfenstein left them.

I always preferred RBF live but LTJ have the best album with Hello Rockview. Seen both more times than I care to remember. The first night out me and (my now) wife went on was an RBF/Zebrahead/Goldfinger/Matches show back in early '04.

I'll probably go to the Bristol gig as I didn't see Suburban Legends back in the day. I will stand at the back wondering where the years have gone  Smiley

RBF are literally always on tour!

I think they've dipped since Scott Klopfenstein left the band but they're still excellent.

Suburban Legends is an excellent addition to that show.

Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #3659 on: Friday, July 13, 2018, 18:51:37 »

Compensated by booking up to see them in Brussels in November.
Two day break with added bonus of sampling some local brews.

Pixies coming up in October.  Smiley

Super jealous!

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 243 [244] 245 246 247 ... 312   Go Up
Print
Jump to: