Pages: 1 ... 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 ... 312   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gigs  (Read 1073086 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #3615 on: Saturday, May 5, 2018, 12:58:43 »

Eeeeeuurggggh

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3616 on: Wednesday, May 9, 2018, 13:31:01 »

The Blockheads (minus Ian Dury obviously) are playing Exmouth Festival on May 28th, a totally free festival, headlining at 8.45pm.

They are superb live and if you can get to see them I would highly recommend them..

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3617 on: Wednesday, May 9, 2018, 13:42:57 »

The Blockheads (minus Ian Dury obviously) are playing Exmouth Festival on May 28th, a totally free festival, headlining at 8.45pm.

They are superb live and if you can get to see them I would highly recommend them..

Saw Norman Watt-Roy in the Vic about 4 years ago. Does that count as The Blockheads  Hmmm
Peter Venkman

« Reply #3618 on: Wednesday, May 9, 2018, 13:53:58 »

Saw Norman Watt-Roy in the Vic about 4 years ago. Does that count as The Blockheads  Hmmm
Thats most certainly a blockhead, TBH there are only 4 of the original 70's line up now left, Norman, Chas Jankel, John Turbull and Micky Gallagher.

They are fronted now by Derek "The Draw" Hussey who for a while was Ians minder/driver/helper.

Well worth seeing if you can and are a Dury fan.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3619 on: Wednesday, May 9, 2018, 14:08:46 »

Thats most certainly a blockhead, TBH there are only 4 of the original 70's line up now left, Norman, Chas Jankel, John Turbull and Micky Gallagher.

They are fronted now by Derek "The Draw" Hussey who for a while was Ians minder/driver/helper.

Well worth seeing if you can and are a Dury fan.

Speaking of old fart musicians.... Dave Gregory's outfit Tin Spirits are playing the Vic tomorrow. Seen them before and didn't make as much impression as when I first saw him in Dean Gabba and the Gabardines.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #3620 on: Sunday, June 3, 2018, 07:57:32 »

Off to Cheltenham in a few minutes to the wychwood festival. Shed 7 and feeder headlining. Hopefully a day out in nam with a decent ending. Would make a change.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #3621 on: Sunday, June 3, 2018, 08:43:14 »

Incubus in September at Brixton, should be a cracker.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Peter Venkman

« Reply #3622 on: Sunday, June 3, 2018, 09:02:09 »

Off to Cheltenham in a few minutes to the wychwood festival. Shed 7 and feeder headlining. Hopefully a day out in nam with a decent ending. Would make a change.
Ranking Roger is a top bloke if you get a chance to meet him, although he lets his son Ranking Junior sing too much in his band which is not so good, Baxter Dury again is a great bloke but I was disappointed with his music considering his dad is one of my all time faves.

Dr and the Medics and Toyah are both surprisingly good too.

DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #3623 on: Sunday, June 3, 2018, 12:36:59 »

Cheapest website for train tickets?

As stated above, I'm seeing Incubus in London with a mate in September, but for the 2 of us to get the train from Eastleigh/Southampton, it's the best part of £100.. anyone have any tips on which sites to use to reduce the price?

Roaming the land while you sleep..
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #3624 on: Sunday, June 3, 2018, 12:54:46 »

Cheapest website for train tickets?

As stated above, I'm seeing Incubus in London with a mate in September, but for the 2 of us to get the train from Eastleigh/Southampton, it's the best part of £100.. anyone have any tips on which sites to use to reduce the price?

BlaBlaCar - not trains but you'll probably get more flexibility. Could be someone going to the gig or just going that way. Used it myself and have other members of family, including travelling alone/female. If you were worried about getting chopped up.

https://www.blablacar.co.uk/

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Peter Venkman

« Reply #3625 on: Monday, June 4, 2018, 07:58:01 »

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #3626 on: Monday, June 4, 2018, 08:04:22 »

Ranking Roger is a top bloke if you get a chance to meet him, although he lets his son Ranking Junior sing too much in his band which is not so good, Baxter Dury again is a great bloke but I was disappointed with his music considering his dad is one of my all time faves.

Dr and the Medics and Toyah are both surprisingly good too.
I was only there the Sunday so missed most of those you mention. Both Feeder and Shed 7 were excellent - it was bloody loud though. Will keep an eye out for the Sea Devils who were decent.  The one big surprise for me was the Edwin Starr Band - don't like motown or disco but they were very good. As you say Dr and the Medics surprisingly good. 
Came away from Cheltenham smiling for the first time. One other bonus was getting out. Shed 7 finished 10:45 - was back in Swindon at 11:40. Absolutely no wait to get out. Would consider going again.
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #3627 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 08:55:42 »

I really enjoyed Sparks in Munich last night. They were a lot more "rocky" than I had expected. Russell, the singer, used all of the stage and was a great mover in his own way. Ron, the other brother with the moustache, provided an unexpected highlight by doing a brief solo dance🕺 The five other, somewhat younger, members of the band played their part too with a great deal of energy. IMHO apart from a couple of bobbins a good, and judging by those around us, well received concert.

Mister B The Gentleman Rhymer was the unusual warm-up act.

ps there was an interesting two part Sparks feature on Radio Two last month, still available on iplayer.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 09:13:09 by Munichred » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3628 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 09:44:55 »

I was only there the Sunday so missed most of those you mention. Both Feeder and Shed 7 were excellent - it was bloody loud though. Will keep an eye out for the Sea Devils who were decent.  The one big surprise for me was the Edwin Starr Band - don't like motown or disco but they were very good. As you say Dr and the Medics surprisingly good. 
Came away from Cheltenham smiling for the first time. One other bonus was getting out. Shed 7 finished 10:45 - was back in Swindon at 11:40. Absolutely no wait to get out. Would consider going again.

I have loved Shed 7 basically since I went to school. Saw them last year and they were excellent.

I know they are regarded as a bit of a joke, but they are consistenly good live.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
woolster

« Reply #3629 on: Friday, June 8, 2018, 12:54:40 »

Guns n Roses at Download tomorrow Pint Pint
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 ... 312   Go Up
Print
Jump to: