Pages: 1 ... 237 238 239 [240] 241 242 243 ... 312   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gigs  (Read 1073083 times)
Combe Up

« Reply #3585 on: Thursday, March 8, 2018, 21:28:40 »

Adam Bomb last night at the Victoria pub, Victoria Road, Swindon. Think Kiss & T Rex & Alice Cooper rolled into one pyrotechnical extravaganza! Awe-fuckin-some!!!
Combe Up

« Reply #3586 on: Monday, March 12, 2018, 01:48:45 »

...and Texas band Sphynx at Swindon's Beehive last Friday, who describe themselves as psychedelic glam-rock! One of their crew was wearing an STFC shirt with his name on the back. When questioned, he explained that they last time they played Swindon he commented how much he liked the shirt. Consequently a fan got one made up for him. He proudly wears it around Austin, Tx.
« Last Edit: Monday, March 12, 2018, 06:54:29 by Combe Up » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3587 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2018, 19:11:40 »

Long shot but I have 2 tickets to see Blue October at Shepherd’s Bush on Friday 23rd March. As I’ve goosed my leg I can’t go so if anyone wants them at face value/discount please DM me.

Alternatively, are there websites to advertise tickets? I’m in no way wanting to make any profit from these but would rather they went to use and to get my money back if possible.

Just checked I paid £34.75 each plus booking fee. I’ll take £60 for the pair at this stage.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 13, 2018, 19:14:14 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3588 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 18:38:21 »

Long shot but I have 2 tickets to see Blue October at Shepherd’s Bush on Friday 23rd March. As I’ve goosed my leg I can’t go so if anyone wants them at face value/discount please DM me.

Alternatively, are there websites to advertise tickets? I’m in no way wanting to make any profit from these but would rather they went to use and to get my money back if possible.

Just checked I paid £34.75 each plus booking fee. I’ll take £60 for the pair at this stage.

If bought from See Tickets, then they have a fan to fan face value sell on marketplace.
Other ticket sites might have similar.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3589 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 18:40:42 »

The Wailers in Cardiff tonight.
Tramshed. Decent venue, can lurk at the back & still get a good view.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3590 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 18:56:39 »

The Wailers in Cardiff tonight.
Tramshed. Decent venue, can lurk at the back & still get a good view.

Any of the originals left?  I saw them a couple of times in the mid 70's when I lived in London.... Bob passed not too many years later.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3591 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 19:14:28 »

Any of the originals left?  I saw them a couple of times in the mid 70's when I lived in London.... Bob passed not too many years later.

Aston "family man" Barrett for sure, and of most interest.
Couple of others maybe, Junior Marvin & Donald Kinsey.

Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3592 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 19:32:09 »

Aston "family man" Barrett for sure, and of most interest.
Couple of others maybe, Junior Marvin & Donald Kinsey.

I suppose originals is a relative term.  They'd been around a decade when I saw them first in 75, and I reckon Peter Tosh had perhaps gone by then, Bunny Wailer might have still been around. Aston's bro Carlton might have been there too.

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3593 on: Friday, March 16, 2018, 10:12:19 »

I suppose originals is a relative term.  They'd been around a decade when I saw them first in 75, and I reckon Peter Tosh had perhaps gone by then, Bunny Wailer might have still been around. Aston's bro Carlton might have been there too.

Lyceum in 75.
The Rainbow in 1977?
Historic gigs.

Babylon is still going strong though.

Crap!
guy66

Ignore
« Reply #3594 on: Friday, March 16, 2018, 16:33:07 »

The band I do some work for are coming back to Swindon next month:

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/leisure/music/16089732.ADVER_CHAT__Russell_Hastings_now_jamming_with_his_music_heroes_from_The_Jam/
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #3595 on: Monday, March 26, 2018, 14:29:30 »

Watched Kasabian again Saturday night at the Royal Albert Hall. They were as good as ever.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #3596 on: Monday, March 26, 2018, 15:26:23 »

Old stuff last night at the Palladium ! Yes (Steve Howe version) were brilliant. Guest appearance for one song by Trevor Horn too !
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3597 on: Monday, April 9, 2018, 08:29:50 »

Neds and the Wonder Stuff were fucking marvelous in Manchester on Saturday night, really top night catching up with some old mates...

In other news, despite my best attempts I am not 17 anymore and thus was rough as fuck yesterday!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3598 on: Monday, April 9, 2018, 08:41:14 »

neds and the wonder stuff on Thursday. my knee is already buggered. may have to skulk around at the back Sad
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3599 on: Monday, April 9, 2018, 10:16:12 »

neds and the wonder stuff on Thursday. my knee is already buggered. may have to skulk around at the back Sad

I must confess we loitered towards the rear (and bar), who are you going to see as it was strange as the Stuffies were on first (who you might have expected to be the nominal headliners) and seemed to have more of the crowd (some even left after they played!) Neds were on later and it was very very good!

We only got in about 10 mins before the Stuffies started (got a bit delayed watching the Manchester derby in the pub!) so not sure what way played before hand, but from what we saw the DJ set from Graham Crabbe seemed to be mainly playing a few BRA tracks and that was about it!

Top night though, my ailments of yesterday were mainly larger caused!
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 239 [240] 241 242 243 ... 312   Go Up
Print
Jump to: