Pages: 1 ... 232 233 234 [235] 236 237 238 ... 312   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gigs  (Read 1073041 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #3510 on: Friday, July 21, 2017, 12:20:29 »

30 years of watching The Fall and I miss out on a £5 gig at the 100 Club.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #3511 on: Monday, July 24, 2017, 20:24:07 »

Its not strictly a gig in music terms but I went to see Daniel Kitson at the roundhouse last Friday.  The guy is a fucking genius.  He manages to say exactly what I think but hilariously with wit and charm.  He intertwines 4 or 5 strands performing in the round using lighting which he is cueing himself going from the contention at the start that 'I live alone' and finishing (spoiler alert) deciding he is not alone.

Its a truly stunning 2 hours that breaks the boundaries of normal comedy shows and strays into monologue and theatre.

One thing, no interval.  If you are thinking of going make sure you time your drinking!

Never knowingly overstated.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #3512 on: Monday, July 24, 2017, 21:45:43 »

Its not strictly a gig in music terms but I went to see Daniel Kitson at the roundhouse last Friday.  The guy is a fucking genius.  He manages to say exactly what I think but hilariously with wit and charm.  He intertwines 4 or 5 strands performing in the round using lighting which he is cueing himself going from the contention at the start that 'I live alone' and finishing (spoiler alert) deciding he is not alone.

Its a truly stunning 2 hours that breaks the boundaries of normal comedy shows and strays into monologue and theatre.

One thing, no interval.  If you are thinking of going make sure you time your drinking!

He's bloody brilliant.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #3513 on: Thursday, July 27, 2017, 06:24:19 »

Stereophonics were good at the Oasis last night. It was really good to see a decent 90 minutes in Swindon, its been a long time. Absolute dogshit venue though but I did lose about 2 stone in sweat. I must commend the husband and wife behind me and the 3 girls to the right who did not shut up all night despite repeatedly being told that people had paid £40 to listen to the band not them. In fact, I can't remember the last concert that didn't have imbeciles shouting at each other throughout the concert.
Levellers and show of Hands really good last week. For the folkies out there Sam Kelly and the Lost Boys were very good - hadn't really heard of them before.
Richard Thompson, Oysterband and Lau lined up in next few months.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3514 on: Thursday, July 27, 2017, 15:05:29 »

Was it dangerously packed CS?

Saw someone on FB allege that they'd seen a doorman taking bribes to let people in without tickets!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #3515 on: Thursday, July 27, 2017, 17:54:45 »

Was it dangerously packed CS?

Saw someone on FB allege that they'd seen a doorman taking bribes to let people in without tickets!
It was rammed and bloody hot. Couldn't say if security took bribes. What I can say is that they were fucking useless. Both things, however, I expect at the oasis. It's amateur hour. They always seem surprised that 3000 turn up
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3516 on: Thursday, July 27, 2017, 18:05:35 »

I must commend the husband and wife behind me and the 3 girls to the right who did not shut up all night despite repeatedly being told that people had paid £40 to listen to the band not them.

I must confess I haven't been to a concert for probably 8 years but by god they must have changed, the bands I went to see were so loud you couldn't hear what you mate next to you was saying, let alone any other people!
woolster

« Reply #3517 on: Friday, July 28, 2017, 13:37:27 »

just got tickets for Arcade fire in April, Genting arena Pint
woolster

« Reply #3518 on: Friday, July 28, 2017, 13:56:19 »

It was rammed and bloody hot. Couldn't say if security took bribes. What I can say is that they were fucking useless. Both things, however, I expect at the oasis. It's amateur hour. They always seem surprised that 3000 turn up
http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/15439858.Concertgoers_brand_Oasis_centre_Stereophonics_gig_organisation__quot_absolute_and_utter_shambles_quot_/?ref=mrb&lp=2
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3519 on: Monday, September 4, 2017, 18:11:25 »

Any of you live comedy fans living in and around Chippenham please get yourself along to the Old Road Tavern and take in some great comedy shows this coming weekend the 7th to the 10th September.

All hosted by a very dear friend of mine, comedian Wil Hodgson who in 2004 won a Perrier Award for Best Newcomer at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, he only covers costs of the acts and wants to promote live comedy in Wiltshire so please can you support this great comedy weekend if you can. All tickets are between £5 and £10.

http://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/news/15503891.Chippenham_gets_ready_to_laugh_at_Comedy_Fest_2017/

Here is a BBC Wiltshire interview with Wil from earlier today @ 1hr 10min into this programme, an interview about the Chippenham Comedy Festival this coming weekend.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05d3g9k#play

Acts include Mr. B the Gentleman Rhymer, Doug Seagal, Robin Ince, Norman Lovett and Andrew O'Neill.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #3520 on: Monday, September 4, 2017, 18:27:40 »

Any of you live comedy fans living in and around Chippenham please get yourself along to the Old Road Tavern and take in some great comedy shows this coming weekend the 7th to the 10th September.

All hosted by a very dear friend of mine, comedian Wil Hodgson who in 2004 won a Perrier Award for Best Newcomer at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, he only covers costs of the acts and wants to promote live comedy in Wiltshire so please can you support this great comedy weekend if you can. All tickets are between £5 and £10.

http://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/news/15503891.Chippenham_gets_ready_to_laugh_at_Comedy_Fest_2017/

Here is a BBC Wiltshire interview with Wil from earlier today @ 1hr 10min into this programme, an interview about the Chippenham Comedy Festival this coming weekend.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05d3g9k#play

Acts include Mr. B the Gentleman Rhymer, Doug Seagal, Robin Ince, Norman Lovett and Andrew O'Neill.

I listen to 'We Hope It's Chips' mostly because it makes me feel nostalgic.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #3521 on: Monday, September 4, 2017, 18:33:07 »

I listen to 'We Hope It's Chips' mostly because it makes me feel nostalgic.
They can be very funny with Wil and Mark but they can also be derailed wildly off topic but that adds to the charm.

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #3522 on: Monday, September 4, 2017, 18:37:24 »

They can be very funny with Wil and Mark but they can also be derailed wildly off topic but that adds to the charm.

...and they burp in the mic after a swig of drink. Urgh.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #3523 on: Monday, September 4, 2017, 18:47:13 »

Will try to get along to something.  Quite like Robin Ince and Michael Redmond.

Never knowingly overstated.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #3524 on: Tuesday, September 5, 2017, 07:55:04 »

Will try to get along to something.  Quite like Robin Ince and Michael Redmond.
Shame I will miss you this time, I have my next cancer op on Friday so will be out of action for a week or so.

Pages: 1 ... 232 233 234 [235] 236 237 238 ... 312   Go Up
Print
Jump to: