Pages: 1 ... 229 230 231 [232] 233 234 235 ... 312   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gigs  (Read 1073342 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #3465 on: Saturday, May 27, 2017, 21:44:53 »

Last night was The Specials and Toots and the Maytals, tonight the Slamdunk festival.  Featuring Enter Shikari and Bowling for soup amongst many others.

Shikari doing the oldies from Take to The Skies for the 10th anniversary has been lovely.  Taking me back to my wild impressionable days of youth when I was a mere 35.

Never knowingly overstated.
AldbourneRed

Ignore
« Reply #3466 on: Sunday, May 28, 2017, 07:54:03 »

At the O2 tonight watching Iron Maiden

I'm there tonight to see them. It would be fair to say I'm a little excited.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #3467 on: Sunday, May 28, 2017, 08:03:02 »

Saw iron maiden at the brunel late 70s. Supported by praying mantis who I thought were better. Neither anywhere near as good as diamond head. Staggered they became so big.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3468 on: Sunday, May 28, 2017, 08:17:35 »

Last night was The Specials and Toots and the Maytals, tonight the Slamdunk festival.  Featuring Enter Shikari and Bowling for soup amongst many others.

Shikari doing the oldies from Take to The Skies for the 10th anniversary has been lovely.  Taking me back to my wild impressionable days of youth when I was a mere 35.
My band supported Toots a few years back, he opened the door on his tour bus and the clouds of weird smelling smoke came out Wink

He also did Monkey Man for a total of 11 mins for what is a 2 mins 30 song...I think he kept forgetting!

Great gig though none the less.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #3469 on: Sunday, May 28, 2017, 09:39:56 »

Last night was The Specials and Toots and the Maytals, tonight the Slamdunk festival.  Featuring Enter Shikari and Bowling for soup amongst many others.

Shikari doing the oldies from Take to The Skies for the 10th anniversary has been lovely.  Taking me back to my wild impressionable days of youth when I was a mere 35.

I went! Awesome day and am currently sat in the hotel having breakfast. Not been to slam dunk before but the line up on the fireball stage was fucking amazing this year. Were you working Saxondale?
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #3470 on: Monday, May 29, 2017, 10:54:05 »

Glad you enjoyed it mate.  I was the site manager.  I stayed at the genting hotel as well so our paths may have crossed.

I didnt manage to see that much as I was mostly dealing with fence panels that had blown over during the day.  So if you saw an old man in Hi viz worrying over holes in fences that was me.

I was over at the fireball stage a bit later during the night.  I was pleased with that stage it really worked well.  Knackering few days though.

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #3471 on: Monday, May 29, 2017, 11:35:54 »

fireball stage was fucking amazing this year.

Mad Caddies, LTJ, RBF, Goldfinger and Zebrahead. That would have been a dream line-up for me about 15 or so years ago. I'm sure it was ace.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #3472 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 09:20:21 »

Absolutely gutted to miss Slam Dunk this year.

On the subject of Zebrahead, saw them many times in the Furnace 'back in the day' and I've seen them at various festivals since... One of the best live bands around.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #3473 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 12:23:33 »

You all did a great job Saxondale, must have been a  tough week for everyone involved in that industry. Me and the guys I went with said how well run the whole thing was. One of the best spirited events I have been to recently too, staff and punters alike were friendly and chill. I know it's your job and all but thanks for putting on a great event despite everything.

Zebrahead had some minor technical difficulties that meant they started a bit late. Bassists microphone didn't work either for the whole set. Didn't matter though as they were still fucking amazing. There must have been 16 crowd surfers at one point (it was a security guards birthday apparently...). I've got some footage of the circle pit that formed during less than jake's set and it's larger than I remember...
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #3474 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 14:17:25 »

Thanks Honkytonk.  I admit the Manchester incident hit hard.  Last timeAriana was in the country I did the tour and one of the companies I work for were promoting it again this time.  My friends were up there backstage and didn't know what had happened but the guy doing my job saw the aftermath.  I spoke to him on messenger last night and he's clearly struggling.

The venue guys are friends of mine as well.  I was asked if I could to go up and do the load out if they were allowed to move anything on the Wednesday and really wanted to, just to go up and help in anyway I could, but they didn't let anything get moved that day.  So yeah all in all it was tough.  The live music industry is a weirdly small one, not many people work in it.  Anything like this happens really hurts.

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3475 on: Friday, June 16, 2017, 10:48:45 »

Looking forward to the Skids at the Roundhouse tonight.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #3476 on: Friday, June 16, 2017, 11:32:12 »

Today Im on site getting all ready for The Stone Roses at Wembley Stadium tomorrow.  Managed to find the picture in the corridors of Danny Williams with the cup.

Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #3477 on: Friday, June 16, 2017, 12:24:43 »

Today Im on site getting all ready for The Stone Roses at Wembley Stadium tomorrow.  Managed to find the picture in the corridors of Danny Williams with the cup.

I'm going tomorrow. Should be good. Get the beers in Saxondale.
since 75

Ignore
« Reply #3478 on: Saturday, June 17, 2017, 08:10:39 »

Me too,bringing my daughter who is Roses & Town mad,can't fucking wait! Looking forward to seeing Blossoms again,saw them in Bristol & they were superb.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #3479 on: Saturday, June 17, 2017, 09:21:37 »

Times for those of you coming are
the g-o-d
Sleaford Mods
Blossoms
Stone Roses

Enjoy and wear sun cream.

Pages: 1 ... 229 230 231 [232] 233 234 235 ... 312   Go Up
Print