Pages: 1 ... 228 229 230 [231] 232 233 234 ... 312   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gigs  (Read 1073097 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #3450 on: Thursday, April 27, 2017, 19:20:36 »

Saw them in The Vic.... was it last year  Hmmm

A decent outfit, if you like that sort of thing.

I only saw them play on a tiny stage at Ynot Festival last year I think. To be fair it's a decent festival for finding/stumbling upon lots of less well known/niche bands. Along with God Damn, Trash and very very little known I Set The Sea on Fire who have a very funky sound.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #3451 on: Thursday, April 27, 2017, 20:29:06 »

so if anyone fancies letting me know what to take and what not to take that will be great

A bit of puff, a few e's, some Mandy, a little bit of Charlie and some LSD to get spiritual maaannn

Ignore
« Reply #3452 on: Thursday, April 27, 2017, 21:07:31 »

Not a gig as such but got a ticket for Glastonbury. Never been so wanted to knock it of the list as always wanted to go and see for myself.

Don't have a clue what to expect and don't even have a sleeping bag so if anyone fancies letting me know what to take and what not to take that will be great

The last time I went, I had the company of 3 birds, who had a tent and everything, including transport there.  Very handy as it kept the need for potential losing of materials to a minimum.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #3453 on: Friday, April 28, 2017, 10:26:24 »

Not a gig as such but got a ticket for Glastonbury. Never been so wanted to knock it of the list as always wanted to go and see for myself.

Don't have a clue what to expect and don't even have a sleeping bag so if anyone fancies letting me know what to take and what not to take that will be great

Baby wipes and duct tape in good quantities. Trust me.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #3454 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 23:05:48 »

Saw los campesinos tonight (got the train in the end - couldn't be arsed with a 2 hour drive home
At 11pm). They are undoubtedly the best indie/alternative band from the mid-late noughties and I love them lots and lots.

They were supported by a band called sløtface. If female vocalled indie pop bands are your thing then give a listen, you shan't be disappointed

Things get better but they never get good
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #3455 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 23:09:28 »

Saw los campesinos tonight (got the train in the end - couldn't be arsed with a 2 hour drive home
At 11pm). They are undoubtedly the best indie/alternative band from the mid-late noughties and I love them lots and lots.

They were supported by a band called sløtface. If female vocalled indie pop bands are your thing then give a listen, you shan't be disappointed

Nice one BD there is female indie pop band up my way (well from Sheff actually) called The Seamonsters. They're pretty good tbh too.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
adje

Ignore
« Reply #3456 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 09:47:37 »

Nice one BD there is female indie pop band up my way (well from Sheff actually) called The Seamonsters. They're pretty good tbh too.

Named after the wedding present album no doubt

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
adje

Ignore
« Reply #3457 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 09:56:57 »

Festival menu this year : Wickham,featuring The Men They Couldnt Hang,Levellers,Selecter,Seth Lakeman,Eliza Carthy,John Otway and New Day Festival featuring New Model Army,Focus,Soft Machine,Uriah Heep,Edgar Broughton,Wishbone Ash
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 10:01:45 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #3458 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 09:38:04 »

Saw Future Islands at a Brizzle O2 last night
Wasn't expecting much really but they more than half decent !
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3459 on: Friday, May 5, 2017, 14:57:07 »

UK Subs at The Fleece in Bristol tonight.

Charlie Harper still going strong at 72.

Trivia: The first band to release 26 albums named in alphabetical order.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3460 on: Friday, May 5, 2017, 15:00:46 »

UK Subs at The Fleece in Bristol tonight.

Charlie Harper still going strong at 72.

Trivia: The first band to release 26 albums named in alphabetical order.

They played the Level 3 a couple of weeks back.  I know a few old punks, who went, always find it a bit sad when people just sort of get stuck with the music of their youth, and are always trying to re-live it.

Sham 69 playing MECA soon...
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3461 on: Friday, May 5, 2017, 17:12:57 »

They played the Level 3 a couple of weeks back.  I know a few old punks, who went, always find it a bit sad when people just sort of get stuck with the music of their youth, and are always trying to re-live it.

Sham 69 playing MECA soon...

Most people will retain a connection to the music of their formative years.
Phyllis Dare still gets the juices flowing even know.

There was an excitement to Punk.
If the music still generates a modicum of enthusiasm for some, then that's no bad thing.

But a gentrified mosh pit is not good.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3462 on: Friday, May 5, 2017, 18:27:33 »

Most people will retain a connection to the music of their formative years.
Phyllis Dare still gets the juices flowing even know.

There was an excitement to Punk.
If the music still generates a modicum of enthusiasm for some, then that's no bad thing.

But a gentrified mosh pit is not good.

There's nowt wrong with having a connection to your youth, just when it ends there and stops you having an open mind.

As for punk, I was lucky enough to be living in London at the time, and so caught many of the acts on their way up, but by about 78, it was clear that the bubble had burst.

A few of the bands could evolve like The Clash, Siouxie and the Banshees or do a Lydon style PIL, but the excitement had gone, so time to move on.

I remember seeing early doors Human League, before Martin Ware went off to do Heaven 17, in about 78.  Brilliant... OK ripped off from Kraftwerk, but I was taken by the contrast of the mosh pit, to blokes stood around doing nothing in these frames holding synths.

I liked the subsequent whole explosion of 80's synth pop...some of it quite noir, some of it cheesy as fuck. Not really sure it was ever a movement, but some fantastic tunes from the time... a bit neglected now.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #3463 on: Saturday, May 27, 2017, 19:27:37 »

At the O2 tonight watching Iron Maiden
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #3464 on: Saturday, May 27, 2017, 21:12:33 »

Got tix for the Psychedelic Furs making a rare appearance in sister Europe from their US home this Autumn. If you want to see them, take this chance as they might not be back for a while.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 230 [231] 232 233 234 ... 312   Go Up
Print
Jump to: