Pages: 1 ... 226 227 228 [229] 230 231 232 ... 312   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gigs  (Read 1073234 times)
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #3420 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2017, 17:40:32 »

I read this good article about Jesus & Mary Chain the other week, worth a go

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/mar/23/jesus-and-mary-chain-jim-and-william-reid-damage-and-joy-interview
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #3421 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2017, 17:52:34 »

I read this good article about Jesus & Mary Chain the other week, worth a go

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/mar/23/jesus-and-mary-chain-jim-and-william-reid-damage-and-joy-interview

Mrs Donkey is off to see them tonight. I'm off to Whisky Club.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #3422 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2017, 20:12:07 »

Very good band called Temples Im working with at the moment.  The sound of 60's psychedelia but from 25 year olds from Kettering.

Never knowingly overstated.
Sir Cliff Pipehard

Ignore
« Reply #3423 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2017, 23:24:54 »

Very good band called Temples Im working with at the moment.  The sound of 60's psychedelia but from 25 year olds from Kettering.

I loved their first album,not heard the second one yet.

I've heard they're using more synths and getting away from the Psych '60's sound these days?

Are they playing near Swindon /Bristol on this tour?
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #3424 on: Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 10:18:56 »

They're oof to Europe but seem to be coming back to do the Trinity in Bristol on the 27th April.

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #3425 on: Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 10:44:09 »

Are you working with any metal bands this year??
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #3426 on: Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 11:54:47 »

Nah. Nothing particularly rock shaped booked in.  Mind you Im not really sure what a lot of the music is.  I am site managing the slam dunk festival at Birmingham.  Currently I have shows with the following between now and the end of the year - Frances, Kid Ink, Gang of Youth, Marianas Trench (who might be rock), Stone Roses, Vulfpeck, Emeli Sande and Thomas Rhett.

MOre stuff will come in but Im a little underwhelmed and unexcited at the moment.

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #3427 on: Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 12:34:58 »

Nah. Nothing particularly rock shaped booked in.  Mind you Im not really sure what a lot of the music is.  I am site managing the slam dunk festival at Birmingham.  Currently I have shows with the following between now and the end of the year - Frances, Kid Ink, Gang of Youth, Marianas Trench (who might be rock), Stone Roses, Vulfpeck, Emeli Sande and Thomas Rhett.

MOre stuff will come in but Im a little underwhelmed and unexcited at the moment.

Nice! I was too late to get tickets to Slam Dunk, I do usually go!
Sir Cliff Pipehard

Ignore
« Reply #3428 on: Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 12:39:07 »

They're oof to Europe but seem to be coming back to do the Trinity in Bristol on the 27th April.

Cheers Saxondale.

From you're name I assume you're a hairy arsed Roadie or something?

Have a great tour
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3429 on: Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 14:58:35 »

Cheers Saxondale.

From you're name I assume you're a hairy arsed Roadie or something?

Have a great tour
A little higher up the food chain than a hairy arsed roadie TBH.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #3430 on: Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 15:13:47 »

Did you watch the Cameron Crowe, Showtime series Roadies? which one are you? are you an English version of the one that dies at the end

/
W56196272
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #3431 on: Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 15:52:17 »

Didnt watch it beyond the trailer.  Most people in the live music business were just laughing at it.  Circles of trust, kooky girls skateboarding under the truss, sage wise bus drivers.  Hmm.  Kooky girl would be kicked out of the venue, bus drivers sage wisdom tends to go along the lines of, 'look Im not racist but...' and if anyone wanted to get us all involved in a circle of trust om a decent size tour they'd find it difficult cutting in to the 5 minutes the lighting guy has to skype his kids before dinner and showtime. 

I might have to watch it to see if the promoter (which is closest to what I am) is as I suspect a cash crazed asshole.  Which I am not.

Sir Cliff Pipehard

Ignore
« Reply #3432 on: Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 17:04:38 »

A little higher up the food chain than a hairy arsed roadie TBH.

Obviously not the drummer then  Wink
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #3433 on: Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 18:34:53 »

Didnt watch it beyond the trailer.  Most people in the live music business were just laughing at it.  Circles of trust, kooky girls skateboarding under the truss, sage wise bus drivers.  Hmm.  Kooky girl would be kicked out of the venue, bus drivers sage wisdom tends to go along the lines of, 'look Im not racist but...' and if anyone wanted to get us all involved in a circle of trust om a decent size tour they'd find it difficult cutting in to the 5 minutes the lighting guy has to skype his kids before dinner and showtime. 

I might have to watch it to see if the promoter (which is closest to what I am) is as I suspect a cash crazed asshole.  Which I am not.

I enjoyed it.I'm sure its completely unrealistic, daft and romanticised but I thought it was a nice companion piece to Almost Famous which is one my favourite films.I like all the "our band" stuff and the kooky skateboard girls adorable..

/
W56196272
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #3434 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 12:01:56 »

Watching los campesinos at koko on Monday. Does anyone have any advice on how to get there?? Ideally I'd drive up but if parking is a nightmare I'll take the train

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 228 [229] 230 231 232 ... 312   Go Up
Print
Jump to: