Pages: 1 ... 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 ... 312   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gigs  (Read 1072806 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #3345 on: Thursday, January 5, 2017, 11:19:29 »

I did that gig!

Ill be honest I think Bristol lacks a lot from the point of view of a promoter.  There are nice little venues but the academy is poor from a production side as is the colston hall - 5mill spent on a shiny new enterance, but nothing on the production facilities. 

They get away with it and keep busy due to the fact that Cardiff is the next big place and that is really bad.

Never knowingly overstated.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3346 on: Thursday, January 12, 2017, 09:59:57 »

First gig of the year tonight. The Fleece in Bristol, and appropriately for a city with a fair few of them it's the Subhumans.

Good Wiltshire band.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3347 on: Thursday, January 12, 2017, 12:10:32 »

First gig of the year for me tonight too in ACRYLICIZE in Shoreditch.

VIP invite only tickets for a special accoustic set of Right Said Fred for the release of their new single and also to record a live set for tomorrows Chris Evans Radio 2 show.

Been mates with Fred Fairbrass for a few years, never been a much of a fan of theirs but a free gig is a free gig Smiley.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
guy66

Ignore
« Reply #3348 on: Thursday, January 12, 2017, 23:09:48 »

Delighted at last to announce the band I work for are coming to Swindon again after a few years ... trying to upload poster!

* IMG_0165.PNG (124.58 KB, 640x822 - viewed 189 times.)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #3349 on: Thursday, January 12, 2017, 23:56:41 »

Delighted at last to announce the band I work for are coming to Swindon again after a few years ... trying to upload poster!

Excellent..

Seen em in Frome, Bath, Salisbury...will defo be there for that..

Clems Army!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #3350 on: Friday, January 13, 2017, 08:31:10 »

Decent gig on at Level 3 this Saturday. As The Sun Sleeps, SN Dubstation, A Way With Words and Raze Rebuild. If you've nothing better to do Saturday, this one would be worth heading down to!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #3351 on: Friday, January 13, 2017, 10:44:22 »

First gig of the year for me tonight too in ACRYLICIZE in Shoreditch.

VIP invite only tickets for a special accoustic set of Right Said Fred for the release of their new single and also to record a live set for tomorrows Chris Evans Radio 2 show.

Been mates with Fred Fairbrass for a few years, never been a much of a fan of theirs but a free gig is a free gig Smiley.

I saw one of their first ever at Rumours in Thatcham. I think it was the week after I'm too sexy went to Number 1. I have absolutely no memory of the show itself, as I would invariably been hammered before I got there. I do remember them arriving, in I think a Ford Capri!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3352 on: Friday, January 13, 2017, 10:49:24 »

Decent gig on at Level 3 this Saturday. As The Sun Sleeps, SN Dubstation, A Way With Words and Raze Rebuild. If you've nothing better to do Saturday, this one would be worth heading down to!

Wink
guy66

Ignore
« Reply #3353 on: Friday, January 13, 2017, 11:31:11 »

Excellent..

Seen em in Frome, Bath, Salisbury...will defo be there for that..
I may be doing the Merchandise down there for it, if you fancy sitting in on the soundcheck give me a shout through the Official Facebook page and I will sort it.

Guy
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #3354 on: Friday, January 20, 2017, 11:16:25 »

Back to work.  First gig of the year, just to ease me in gently, Dillinger Escape Plan in Manchester.  American 'Mathcore' band renowned for being a little lively in the live performance department.  Doing their last tour so no real reason to tone it down at all.  I preparing to be the best friend to the venues security staff.  They're going to love it, Im sure.

Never knowingly overstated.
Sir Cliff Pipehard

Ignore
« Reply #3355 on: Saturday, January 21, 2017, 00:03:39 »

Back to work.  First gig of the year, just to ease me in gently, Dillinger Escape Plan in Manchester.  American 'Mathcore' band renowned for being a little lively in the live performance department.  Doing their last tour so no real reason to tone it down at all.  I preparing to be the best friend to the venues security staff.  They're going to love it, Im sure.

Fucking hell!

Good luck
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #3356 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2017, 10:29:36 »

Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls confirmed as Blink-182's support act.

I'm hoping a better support act is to be confirmed as I'm not a fan of Frank Turner at all.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #3357 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2017, 11:44:22 »

Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls confirmed as Blink-182's support act.

I'm hoping a better support act is to be confirmed as I'm not a fan of Frank Turner at all.

I agree, FT&TSS are ok...but to support Blink 182 seems a little bizarre. I didn't know what all the fuss was about when I saw them at Ynot Festival in 2014. There was probably one or two songs that I "liked" but nothing else really moved me. I prefer Beans on Toast, if you've seen him live. Kind of a Billy Bragg political type. Some don't like his lazy vocals but he is what he is, a raw,honest scoundrel. He's also just a normal guy in person as I had a pint with him at the bar about an hour before his gig.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #3358 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2017, 11:55:55 »

I agree, FT&TSS are ok...but to support Blink 182 seems a little bizarre. I didn't know what all the fuss was about when I saw them at Ynot Festival in 2014. There was probably one or two songs that I "liked" but nothing else really moved me. I prefer Beans on Toast, if you've seen him live. Kind of a Billy Bragg political type. Some don't like his lazy vocals but he is what he is, a raw,honest scoundrel. He's also just a normal guy in person as I had a pint with him at the bar about an hour before his gig.

That's cool, yeah it's an odd choice.. like I say, I'm hoping for another support act to be confirmed.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Captain Beefheart

Fast and bulbous, tight also.

Ignore
« Reply #3359 on: Thursday, January 26, 2017, 00:03:07 »

Going to see The Fall at Leamington Assembly in early Feb.

I know they were a favourite of Peel and have been a persistent musical oddity, but I've never really listened to them properly. Heading along out of curiosity as they are local to me.

Anyone ever seen them?
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 ... 312   Go Up
Print
Jump to: