Pages: 1 ... 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 ... 312   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gigs  (Read 1080141 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3300 on: Monday, October 10, 2016, 21:01:15 »

Love them both - had tickets for Sigur Ros in London once and couldn't make it, so determined to see them one day! Hope you enjoy!

Thanks.

I saw Sigur Ros in Luxembourg. Their finale when they bring the curtain down and play really makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #3301 on: Monday, October 10, 2016, 21:10:35 »

I will do Ells. I do have a bit of a weakness for 'post rock' bands. EITS will have to go some to top Mogwai and Sigur Ros gigs I've been to. Mogwai are easily the loudest band I've seen. Ear splitting.

I "saw" Mogwai backing the Cure. I pretty much slept through their set. To be fair though the Cure played the worst set i've seen them do also. might have been because it was outdoors. Report back on Lee Perry, wobbly please.
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #3302 on: Monday, October 10, 2016, 21:11:15 »

White Denim in Bristol on Saturday night were shit hot. Still buzzing from it now.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3303 on: Thursday, October 13, 2016, 08:10:15 »

I "saw" Mogwai backing the Cure. I pretty much slept through their set. To be fair though the Cure played the worst set i've seen them do also. might have been because it was outdoors. Report back on Lee Perry, wobbly please.

Lee Perry was very good.
A case of getting used to his vocal style to begin with, but a great character on stage.
Not sure if his smokes on stage were nicotine based or more herbal in nature.

The dub stuff was excellent plus reworkings of some Wailers classics.

Seeing Lee Perry was a bucket list item for me.
Not sure how long he can keep coming over here but great to see a genius in action.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #3304 on: Thursday, October 13, 2016, 08:41:35 »

Saw Ross Noble in Wycombe last night. One of my favourite comedians, his ability to pull jokes out of absolutely nowhere is unreal!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3305 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 06:51:02 »

Blistering set by the Dead Kennedys in Islington last night.

Feel rejuvenated heading back to London again this morning.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3306 on: Thursday, October 20, 2016, 23:13:45 »

Timeless fun with The Undertones tonight at Engine Rooms in Southampton. Great band and a youngish crowd.

Support from the excellent Membranes as well.

Crap!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #3307 on: Friday, October 21, 2016, 05:37:05 »

Blimey you're ticking them off fast. I'm assuming Jello sang for the Kennedys? Who does vocals for the Undertones now?
adje

Ignore
« Reply #3308 on: Friday, October 21, 2016, 11:08:11 »

Saw the doctor last night (john cooper clarke) brilliant machine gun delivery,brilliant .Just cut down the jokes tho doc, a comedian you aint!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3309 on: Friday, October 21, 2016, 11:12:38 »

next up for me is PJ Harvey at Brixton a week on Monday.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3310 on: Friday, October 21, 2016, 11:54:20 »

Blimey you're ticking them off fast. I'm assuming Jello sang for the Kennedys? Who does vocals for the Undertones now?

Normally go to about 20 or so a year. Hearing is probably damaged by know but who cares.

Jello is long gone. Major fall out and court case over royalties a few years ago.
The DK's are not quite the same but the other three are originals so they know what they are doing.

Paul McLoone is the vocalist for The Undertones (since reforming in 99).
Quite a well known radio presenter in Ireland apparently.

When a band reforms with original members but different vocalist then they have to be at least on a par with or add something extra, in which case it normally works.

Crap!
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #3311 on: Friday, October 21, 2016, 12:00:10 »

Talking of the dead kennedys have you heard Cabbage?  New band from Manc rather remind me of them.  In fact Im off to post one of their tunes in the other thread.

Try it, you might like it.

Never knowingly overstated.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #3312 on: Friday, October 21, 2016, 19:57:19 »

I'd go see Polly and JCC in a flash. I really want to see John Otway, he was at the half moon(putney) a few weeks back and I was busy which was a real sod.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #3313 on: Friday, October 21, 2016, 21:31:08 »

next up for me is PJ Harvey at Brixton a week on Monday.

One of my idols and my first ever gig. Some more jealousy from me.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
REDBUCK

« Reply #3314 on: Friday, October 21, 2016, 21:35:39 »

Timeless fun with The Undertones tonight at Engine Rooms in Southampton. Great band and a youngish crowd.

Support from the excellent Membranes as well.

Top night at the O2 in brizzle, not so sure about the Membranes though
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 ... 312   Go Up
Print
Jump to: