Pages: 1 ... 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 ... 312   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gigs  (Read 1073027 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2265 on: Wednesday, February 29, 2012, 23:23:04 »

Oh I know that one.  Hes a chap called Elliot who did some songs.  One was called 'changed the way you kissed me' and he bounces up and down on stage a lot.  Young people think he's good.  But the probably say omg as well.  He might even be reem.  I have no idea what that means.

Sounds like a tadger.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #2266 on: Wednesday, February 29, 2012, 23:39:47 »

gk_nash

are you doing anything at global gathering this year?
Not sure yet.  Have been running bars for the last 3 years.  I dont see why I wont be this year.  Ill let you know closer to the time.

Never knowingly overstated.
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #2267 on: Thursday, March 1, 2012, 23:08:52 »

Got tickets to see Miles Kane at the end of April in Bristol. Seen him support Kasabian and he was good, his album is also a good listen.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #2268 on: Thursday, March 1, 2012, 23:12:57 »

Saw Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds at the O2 Arena in London last night.  Thoroughly enjoyable gig with 'Whatever' being the highlight of the night.  Very impressed with the background choir too which added to the gig.  Also liked his little touch at dedicating a song to Mario Balotelli.

I know somebody who was meant to be in that choir for the tour, but got ill. I'd have been devastated if that was me!
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #2269 on: Friday, March 2, 2012, 10:33:35 »

Managed to get V fest tickets this morning.

Brilliant!

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #2270 on: Friday, March 2, 2012, 11:19:18 »

V festival.

The festival for people who don't like music

Things get better but they never get good
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2271 on: Friday, March 2, 2012, 11:22:06 »

Should I go and see the Big Pink next Monday live music fans?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #2272 on: Friday, March 2, 2012, 11:26:15 »

I like a couple of their tracks live, but not on the radio. Weird that. As a result, i've not really listened to much of their stuff. You tend to go to all these things regardless, so can I get a review on Tuesday? Smiley

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
old codger

Ignore
« Reply #2273 on: Friday, March 2, 2012, 11:28:55 »

Should I go and see the Big Pink next Monday live music fans?

Saw them supporting Muse a couple of years ago and they were very good except they had a strobe light pointing at the audience all the time which grated a bit.
Musically very good.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2274 on: Friday, March 2, 2012, 11:30:13 »

I like a couple of their tracks live, but not on the radio. Weird that. As a result, i've not really listened to much of their stuff. You tend to go to all these things regardless, so can I get a review on Tuesday? Smiley

The thing about gigs in Luxembourg, is that the venue is actually very good and its so easy to get tickets. Elbow for example played last year and it wasn't sold out (about a 500-800 capacity at a guess). This also has its bad points as the crowd over here is full of French speaking mannequins.

That said, its dead easy to get near the front, get to the bar and adds to the intimate effect. Band of Skulls was the last one I went to and there must have been around 250 people there.

Sorry, its a week on Monday, so you'll have to wait a bit for the review!!

LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #2275 on: Friday, March 2, 2012, 11:34:53 »

Sounds good to me... although i guess the atmosphere in the crowd must be strange/lacking?

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #2276 on: Friday, March 2, 2012, 11:42:14 »

V festival.

The festival for people who don't like music

I wholeheartedly agree with this.

Line-up looks shit this year. TITP looks much better!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2277 on: Friday, March 2, 2012, 11:43:15 »

Sounds good to me... although i guess the atmosphere in the crowd must be strange/lacking?

Yes, the atmosphere is generally pants so you have to take the rough with the smooth. Also as the place is packed with French speaking people who often have nothing better to do than chat the whole fucking time, it can be quite annoying when a 'quieter' band is playing.

I got into an altercation at the Elbow gig as the bloody family (more rude French, qu'elle surprise) next to me were looking at photos on their phones and having a good laugh during a quiet song so I threw my empty beer cup (50 cents down the drain) at one of them and told them to shut the fuck up as I had paid to listen to the music, not half wits looking at photos on a phone. Unfortunately the guy was much bigger than me and I was able to sneak away at the end without being lamped!!

Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #2278 on: Friday, March 9, 2012, 09:47:14 »

The Cornbury Festival line up is pretty good this year.

http://www.cornburyfestival.com/

Shame i'm on a stag do in Belgium that weekend otherwise i'd have gone on the Saturday to see Newton Faulkner alone.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #2279 on: Friday, March 9, 2012, 10:35:04 »

Id give sunday a miss or go home early.  Just so I didnt have to see Jools 'look I invented the piano, look at me playing with every single band, here's the vaccines now with an added sodding piano solo from me' Holland.

Did you know he can play the piano?

Never knowingly overstated.
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 ... 312   Go Up
Print
Jump to: