Pages: 1 ... 222 223 224 [225] 226 227 228 ... 312   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gigs  (Read 1082715 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #3360 on: Thursday, January 26, 2017, 07:12:30 »

That's a lovely venue. I saw Billy Bragg there in 2010.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #3361 on: Thursday, January 26, 2017, 08:22:29 »

Going to see The Fall at Leamington Assembly in early Feb.

I know they were a favourite of Peel and have been a persistent musical oddity, but I've never really listened to them properly. Heading along out of curiosity as they are local to me.

Anyone ever seen them?
Yes I saw the Fall a few years ago, I have to admit they were the worst band I have ever seen by a country mile....you may like them though. Mark E Smith spent half the gig with his back to the crowd and the sound was shockingly shit and tuneless.

The only interesting point was Johnny Rotten was sat on the stage at the back and barely moved all gig.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3362 on: Thursday, January 26, 2017, 09:19:30 »

Going to see The Fall at Leamington Assembly in early Feb.

I know they were a favourite of Peel and have been a persistent musical oddity, but I've never really listened to them properly. Heading along out of curiosity as they are local to me.

Anyone ever seen them?

Seeing them in Cardiff next month.
Their recent shows that I've seen have been very good and the current line up has been together for a few years now.

If unsure, then best bet is to go on the piss beforehand as sometimes it's easier to appreciate them more after a few beers.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #3363 on: Thursday, January 26, 2017, 10:19:35 »

If unsure, then best bet is to go on the piss beforehand as sometimes it's easier to appreciate them more after a few beers.
That was my problem I only had 3 pints when I saw them....it wasn't enough to "appreciate" them.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3364 on: Thursday, January 26, 2017, 11:05:42 »

I saw early period Fall, but not for years. Something that amuses my mates is that I can remember details about STFC games from years ago, but usually next to nothing about gigs, like where it was, how I got there and who with etc.

So I know I saw them and that's it.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #3365 on: Thursday, January 26, 2017, 11:38:53 »

I think it's pretty miraculous that Mark E Smith is still alive!

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #3366 on: Thursday, January 26, 2017, 11:43:47 »

Saw A Day To Remember and New Found Glory the other day in Cardiff. Both bands awesome as always. Also love the motorpoint arena as a venue! got a bit of a shiner from the mosh pit but totally worth it!
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #3367 on: Thursday, January 26, 2017, 11:53:53 »

Saw A Day To Remember and New Found Glory the other day in Cardiff. Both bands awesome as always. Also love the motorpoint arena as a venue! got a bit of a shiner from the mosh pit but totally worth it!

NFG are always amazing live.

I saw them at the Pyramids in Portsmouth a couple of years ago with State Champs and The Story So Far.

State Champs were incredible that night, we've seen them since and are going to see them again in March in Southampton.

Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #3368 on: Thursday, January 26, 2017, 13:04:21 »

I managed to get away with my 2 Dillinger Escape Plan shows (Manchester and London forum) without anyone dying.  The first show we had to stop early as someone got dropped whilst crowdsurfing and knocked himself out pretty badly.  Couldn't move him for 45 minutes.  Last night was just a lot of crowd surfing and screaming whilst very good musicians played really fast in 11/8 time.

I really didn't get it.

Never knowingly overstated.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #3369 on: Thursday, January 26, 2017, 13:11:29 »

I managed to get away with my 2 Dillinger Escape Plan shows (Manchester and London forum) without anyone dying.  The first show we had to stop early as someone got dropped whilst crowdsurfing and knocked himself out pretty badly.  Couldn't move him for 45 minutes.  Last night was just a lot of crowd surfing and screaming whilst very good musicians played really fast in 11/8 time.

I really didn't get it.

I saw Dillinger in about 2001/02 with System Of A Down - I'm pretty sure Raging Speedhorn played too..

System were amazing.. the other two bands, not so much.

Captain Beefheart

Fast and bulbous, tight also.

Ignore
« Reply #3370 on: Thursday, January 26, 2017, 13:17:23 »

That's a lovely venue. I saw Billy Bragg there in 2010.

Tis' yeah, good view of the stage from all around the room.

There's a monthly (student) techno night held there where it fills up like a club - a pretty impressive sight to behold from the balcony. Plus, its being used for its proper historical purpose, housing intoxicated (on something or another) dancers with concealed faces, like a proper 18thc. assembly room should.

Looking forward to seeing the Fall in light of the mixed reviews. Should be interesting. I'm teetotal... So I suppose I'll have to find some other way to 'appreciate' them than beer!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #3371 on: Thursday, January 26, 2017, 14:11:57 »

I saw Dillinger in about 2001/02 with System Of A Down - I'm pretty sure Raging Speedhorn played too..

System were amazing.. the other two bands, not so much.

I went to see that tour. Nottingham Ice rink I think!
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #3372 on: Thursday, January 26, 2017, 14:14:08 »

I went to see that tour. Nottingham Ice rink I think!

I think it was the Toxicity tour?

System were very good as I recall.

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #3373 on: Thursday, January 26, 2017, 14:15:01 »

Yeah they were ace. If you compare them then to how they are now... Seem to have lost a bit of the energy.

I wasn't a fan of DEP. I've got a few mates who absolutely love them though. Not really my thing.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #3374 on: Thursday, January 26, 2017, 14:16:35 »

Yeah they were ace. If you compare them then to how they are now... Seem to have lost a bit of the energy.

I wasn't a fan of DEP. I've got a few mates who absolutely love them though. Not really my thing.

I like heavy music, but I always thought they were a bit shit.

Agreed on System, though.

Pages: 1 ... 222 223 224 [225] 226 227 228 ... 312   Go Up
Print
Jump to: