Pages: 1 ... 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 ... 312   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gigs  (Read 1083416 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3285 on: Thursday, September 22, 2016, 06:12:27 »

I think they've been mentioned on this thread but anyone seen the Stranglers since their latest reform?

Yes, at a meat festival! They are still pretty good. I only really know their greatest hits mind, and even then I forgot they did Duchess - so that was a nice surprise!

"Sex, drugs and brisket", they saw the funny side...
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #3286 on: Thursday, September 22, 2016, 07:28:11 »

They are rereleasing remasters of their first 7 plus some other more obscure stuff. So, greatest hits set list likely.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
guy66

Ignore
« Reply #3287 on: Thursday, September 22, 2016, 12:50:29 »

Saw the Stranglers in Liverpool back in January on the Black and White Tour, I must admit I wasn't impressed. Off to see them again in two weeks at Butlins, Skegness so hopefully a few more hits this time.
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #3288 on: Thursday, September 22, 2016, 14:54:30 »

I go every March to see The Stranglers at the Cambridge Corn Exchange and 2017 will be no different. Always a good show and differs each year. No Jet Black recently due to health issues although he came on for a few songs during the 40th anniversary tour which meant two drum kits on stage.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #3289 on: Thursday, September 22, 2016, 21:03:24 »

Awesome. Thanks everyone. I'll go for it.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #3290 on: Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 08:46:08 »

Looking forward to seeing Stewart Lee in a small very personal 100 seat venue in 'Nam tomorrow.

Great bloke and always a good gig, be nice to catch up with Saxondale again too.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #3291 on: Friday, September 30, 2016, 08:10:24 »

Well Stewart Lee was fantastic, in the top 5 stand ups I have ever seen and I have seen several hundred now.

He did his work in progress for his upcoming tour, 2 sets of 50 mins and 40 mins respectively so an hour and half in total and he was superb as I am sure Saxondale will confirm Smiley

Highly recomended for his tour which starts in November.
« Last Edit: Friday, September 30, 2016, 08:13:16 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #3292 on: Friday, September 30, 2016, 08:29:56 »

Ay, it was bloody great.  I still find it amazing that the Chippenham comedy club exists and can bring in acts like this. 

Ive seen Lee a lot and love his stuff so it was fascinating to see him at such a small venue working up an actual show rather than working up material for his TV show.  Even having seen a lot of the material Ill still go and see him when he tours the actual show as it feels like theres a lot more of the character Stewart Lee to go into it and tip it over into something amazing.

Really great evening and lovely to catch up briefly with you Mr Venkman.  Nice not to discuss STFC at all!

Never knowingly overstated.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #3293 on: Friday, September 30, 2016, 08:32:20 »

Really great evening and lovely to catch up briefly with you Mr Venkman.  Nice not to discuss STFC at all!
Indeed Smiley great nights entertainment and nice catching up....enjoy your youtube sensations Wink

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3294 on: Monday, October 10, 2016, 13:14:12 »

'Explosions in the sky' at Brixton on Wednesday.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #3295 on: Monday, October 10, 2016, 13:38:44 »

Peter Murphy on Wednesday night, over thirty years after I last saw him. Bauhaus were great pantomime, but I actually prefer his early solo albums.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3296 on: Monday, October 10, 2016, 13:58:24 »

Looks like Wednesday night is gig night!

Lee "Scratch" Perry for me, in Bristol.

Not sure I'll be able to dance on one leg for an hour if I get to 80.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #3297 on: Monday, October 10, 2016, 19:55:00 »

Some on this forum have incredible music taste. Just not in football clubs I suppose  Cheesy

Do report back on EITS, BO (lazy typing or what?)

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3298 on: Monday, October 10, 2016, 20:51:20 »

Some on this forum have incredible music taste. Just not in football clubs I suppose  Cheesy

Do report back on EITS, BO (lazy typing or what?)

I will do Ells. I do have a bit of a weakness for 'post rock' bands. EITS will have to go some to top Mogwai and Sigur Ros gigs I've been to. Mogwai are easily the loudest band I've seen. Ear splitting.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #3299 on: Monday, October 10, 2016, 20:58:02 »

I will do Ells. I do have a bit of a weakness for 'post rock' bands. EITS will have to go some to top Mogwai and Sigur Ros gigs I've been to. Mogwai are easily the loudest band I've seen. Ear splitting.

Love them both - had tickets for Sigur Ros in London once and couldn't make it, so determined to see them one day! Hope you enjoy!

Pages: 1 ... 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 ... 312   Go Up
Print
Jump to: