Pages: 1 ... 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 ... 312   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gigs  (Read 1080147 times)
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #3270 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2016, 23:22:38 »

My first Bunnymen time was in 1984, ouch rather than ha - and I've seen them in all sorts of incarnations since.  Last time in Oxford they played for less than an hour and were poorer than I'd ever seen them...turned out it was Mac's last night before succumbing to illness.

So, a little scarred, I've not yet committed this time around.

Having an affection for 80s/90s bands and being born in 91, I've had to come up with a system to deal with past it performers and bad reformations.. It is thus: don't get your hopes up, expect little, and/or get a bit hammered.

This system has yet to fail me.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #3271 on: Monday, August 29, 2016, 12:03:13 »

Took my 2 daughters to reading yesterday primarily to see biffy who were excellent. For a 55 year old bloke it was an education. Fall out boy werent very good with shit sound quality. Vaccines ok. Couple of smaller acts really good, magic gang, Dmas, half moon run. My daughter said I'd love ratboy and I tried my hardest not to but I really enjoyed them / him. Biffy were brilliant. One of the best acts I've ever seen. Up there with neil young, Ozzy, diamond head, oysterband, Alice cooper and of monsters and men
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #3272 on: Monday, August 29, 2016, 12:16:48 »

I was there as a tour manager Chalky.  I was working with Third Eye Blind who were second from last on the Festival Republic stage.  Meant I didnt get to see much of biffy, but what I did see they were on top form and the show looks stunning.

Im working the tour in December on 6 arena shows supported by another excellent band, Brand New.  Really looking forward to it.

Never knowingly overstated.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #3273 on: Monday, August 29, 2016, 12:22:39 »

I was there as a tour manager Chalky.  I was working with Third Eye Blind who were second from last on the Festival Republic stage.  Meant I didnt get to see much of biffy, but what I did see they were on top form and the show looks stunning.

Im working the tour in December on 6 arena shows supported by another excellent band, Brand New.  Really looking forward to it.

I fucking love Brand New.. massively underrated.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #3274 on: Monday, August 29, 2016, 12:29:58 »

My daughter is trying to talk me in to taking her to Cardiff.  When she gets a free lift and tickets I'm not too embarrassing.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3275 on: Monday, August 29, 2016, 13:22:38 »

Biffy are brilliant, seen them a few times and they're a top live band.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #3276 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 09:24:27 »

I fucking love Brand New.. massively underrated.

+1. My other half introduced me to them last year and was massively impressed!
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #3277 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 10:01:09 »

+1. My other half introduced me to them last year and was massively impressed!

I saw them at Reading in (I think) 2009.. They were superb.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3278 on: Thursday, September 1, 2016, 08:36:27 »

Toots and the Maytals in Cardiff tonight.

Love reggae.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3279 on: Thursday, September 1, 2016, 10:05:54 »

Not a gig as such but went to see American Idiot the musical last night. Thought it was excellent, Newton Faulkner played the 'lead'

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #3280 on: Thursday, September 1, 2016, 11:33:40 »

Toots and the Maytals in Cardiff tonight.

Love reggae.

That should be ace hopefully.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #3281 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 21:48:39 »

I think they've been mentioned on this thread but anyone seen the Stranglers since their latest reform?

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #3282 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 21:51:36 »

I think they've been mentioned on this thread but anyone seen the Stranglers since their latest reform?
Erm, yes.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3283 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 22:20:36 »

Yep. Tickets for March 2017 tour on sale this Friday I believe.

Not quite the same minus Hugh Cornwell, but still pretty decent.

Hugh Cornwell is also good live.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #3284 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 22:22:14 »

Yep. Tickets for March 2017 tour on sale this Friday I believe.

Not quite the same minus Hugh Cornwell, but still pretty decent.

Hugh Cornwell is also good live.

That's why I mentioned it Cheesy my friend will definitely get tickets, I'm just wondering whether to go or not.

Sorry nomoreheroes, I should have guessed that one..

Pages: 1 ... 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 ... 312   Go Up
Print
Jump to: