Pages: 1 ... 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 ... 312   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gigs  (Read 1080076 times)
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #3060 on: Wednesday, July 2, 2014, 21:19:45 »

Rise Against in November, Southampton Guildhall!

Roaming the land while you sleep..
lambourn red

« Reply #3061 on: Wednesday, July 2, 2014, 21:25:56 »

Went to download last week. Fucking amazing as always.

It was a really good weekend again the weather was on our side for a change, never seen Linkin Park before they were superb. Hard to call who might be headliners next year.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #3062 on: Thursday, July 3, 2014, 17:54:54 »

neil young at hyde park july12-freebies to boot!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3063 on: Thursday, July 3, 2014, 18:02:40 »

neil young at hyde park july12-freebies to boot!

I was thinking of going to this. Any spares? Wink

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #3064 on: Friday, July 4, 2014, 10:26:42 »

Forgot to say that Stevie Wonder was excellent on Sunday. He started off with that God bollocks but thankfully didn't bleat on about it and 2.15 hrs flew by. 'Superstition' with the Bon Jovi guitarist to close the set was superb.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #3065 on: Friday, July 4, 2014, 10:35:26 »

Im on the tour Bob so was there at Calling and did your beloved Luxembourg yesterday.  Its a great show.  The guy is a solid gold genius.

Never knowingly overstated.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #3066 on: Friday, July 4, 2014, 10:38:50 »

Im on the tour Bob so was there at Calling and did your beloved Luxembourg yesterday.  Its a great show.  The guy is a solid gold genius.

I'm not a huge fan of the his 'style' of music and didn't think I would know very much of the music but i couldn't have been more wrong and thoroughly enjoyed it.

How did you find the Rockhal as a venue?

Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #3067 on: Friday, July 4, 2014, 10:49:59 »

Good actually.  Enjoyed the experience.  Production wise it had everything we needed.  Shit all around it and we were staying in the Double tree hotel which is miles out of town so didn't get a chance to enjoy that famous luxembourgish atmosphere.  But it was a good couple of days.  Off to Sonic's old haunt now.  I think.  Oslo.  Some place with to much salty licorice.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #3068 on: Friday, July 4, 2014, 10:52:16 »

Good actually.  Enjoyed the experience.  Production wise it had everything we needed.  Shit all around it and we were staying in the Double tree hotel which is miles out of town so didn't get a chance to enjoy that famous luxembourgish atmosphere.  But it was a good couple of days.  Off to Sonic's old haunt now.  I think.  Oslo.  Some place with to much salty licorice.

I've stayed at the Double Tree, location wise it is knickers.

Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #3069 on: Friday, July 4, 2014, 11:50:44 »

The cookie on arrival and the view of the valley were the only things going for it.  Food was shit.  Lifts were shit.  Room was shit.

Apart from that Im really enjoying my life.

adje

Ignore
« Reply #3070 on: Sunday, July 6, 2014, 19:48:00 »

I was thinking of going to this. Any spares? Wink
aah sorry mate, all gone im afraid

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3071 on: Sunday, July 6, 2014, 19:52:44 »

Went to Monty Python in the week. Bit odd seeing essentially a greatest hits comedy gig, but so much goodwill and a few fun surprise moments- the Hawking/Cox cameo is something to enjoy.

Thought it could have done with a few more in-jokes at themselves, they did have one dig at Palin's travel programmes but scope for plenty more about Cleese's wives, Gilliam's worthy-but-financially-disastrous films and whatever it is that Terry Jones does these days, but there you go. Overall it had a bit of a feel of a live wake attended by the deceased, but I mean that in a positive way if possible.

I'm glad I went. It wasn't innovative, new, daring, or anything that the Pythons were in their pomp. But it was never going to be and it felt like what it was, a chance to say goodbye to the greatest comedy performers this country has ever produced. And it probably paid off a few of Cleese's ex wives.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #3072 on: Saturday, July 12, 2014, 10:35:41 »

Went to see Pearl Jam last night at Milton Keynes Bowl. Absolutely brilliant. Off supported, not so good, then BRMC, very good, followed by over 3 hours of PJ.

Such an under rated band PJ I think, their back catalogue is outstanding.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #3073 on: Saturday, July 12, 2014, 11:12:48 »

Went to see Pearl Jam last night at Milton Keynes Bowl. Absolutely brilliant. Off supported, not so good, then BRMC, very good, followed by over 3 hours of PJ.

Such an under rated band PJ I think, their back catalogue is outstanding.

Pearl Jam are fucking awesome.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #3074 on: Tuesday, July 15, 2014, 16:58:57 »

Always lovely to see one of my bands who Ive done since little 200 cap venues break into another level.  Bombay Bicycle Club to play Earls Court in December.  And they've announced it in a hillarious video.

Pages: 1 ... 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 ... 312   Go Up
Print
Jump to: