Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Reaction / Ratings v Bournemuff  (Read 5325 times)
flammableBen

« Reply #15 on: Saturday, March 5, 2005, 18:15:35 »

It's every one having games in hand which is the problem. Can't be bothered to look at how many points you've needed in previous seasons. but about 74 sounds right which would be 7wins.  Unlikely but another run of 4 or 5 and it's possible.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, March 5, 2005, 18:24:02 »

Here are my brief ratings. I'm so...bleh...about all this Hmmm...

Evans n/a - Not sure what he was doing about their first goal, but it did look as if it was going miles wide from where I was sitting.
(Book) 6 - Didn't have much to do and can't be blamed for either goal, but his kicking puts Rhys' to shame. I'd leave him in goal for next week even if Rhys is fit to be honest.

Jenkins 3 - Utterly dire. I don't think I saw him in position for most of the game, made some basic mistakes and shouldn't he have been on the far post for the third goal? He crocked Sammy's best mate as well.

Heywood 6 - Did nowt wrong, didn't do a great deal right either. Worked hard and didn't let anyone down.

O'Hanlon 6 - Same as above really.

Duke 5 - For the first goal, there's no doubt he gave Elliott far too much space and continued to do so for awhile but later on in the game he offered a fair bit going forward and worked hard. Certainly not the worst player on the pitch.

Igoe 5 - Utterly ineffective apart from a couple of decent passes late on in the game.

Hewlett 1 - Did he play?

Smith 7 - I was impressed with him today, his workrate was high and was unlucky not to score at the end. He lacks ball control at times though but he gave it all he had today, which is more than many did.

Holmes 6 - Tried his best but had no service whatsoever. Ignored when in huge amounts of space and given the ball when he had nowhere to go. I've heard people moaning at him and I think it's fucking absurd, the lad is 17 ffs!

Parkin 8 - I'm going to make a post about this later. I love him.

Proctor 6 - Showed some good touches but not fit enough, doubt he'll reach full fitness before the end of his loan either unfortunately.

subs:

Miglioranzi 7 - Took him a few minutes to get into the game but looked lively, created chances, battled hard and even flew into tackles. Needs to start alongside Smith next week in place of Hewlett.

Fallon, oh sorry Slabber... bollocks to it.

I'm not even angry.
DMR

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, March 5, 2005, 18:27:21 »

Rhys- did he leave the first one? Looked like it- 5

Book- Should play against Luton IMO, did nowt wrong and kicks and catches well- 6

Jenkins- awful, gave the ball away, at fault for goal 2, hardly got forward- 2

Heywood- probably our best player, looked solid and reliable and tried to organise his troops- 6

O'Hanlon- positionally very poor, but made some decent tackles. Went AWOL on goals 2 and 3, he wasn't even in the pen area ffs- 4

Duke- better second half compensated for awful first 45m, where was he for goal 1? Failed to clear his lines- 4

Igoe- Doesn't hold his position, doesn't run forward, doesn't want to play for Swindon Town- 3

Hewlett- shocker, made lots of bad passes and badly timed tackles, put his back 4 under pressure- 3

Smith- missed 2 glorious chances and too often looked to shoot. Played badly in patches, worked hard- 6

Holmes- he can't win you games if he doesn't have that little white round thing- 4

Parkin- not his usual self in terms of work, but some nice touches- 6

Proctor- lively, and they BM back 4 were frightened off him running at them- 6

SUBS
Migs- must start at Loo-town, easily our best midfielder and his class showed- 7

Slabber- is crap. Rory Fallon, Rory Fallon- 3
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, March 5, 2005, 18:28:26 »

I think you summed Holmes up perfectly there Dave. It's useless having an out and out winger if nobody can be arsed to give him the ball!
DMR

« Reply #19 on: Saturday, March 5, 2005, 18:30:04 »

The irony is he's the only player we look to pass it to. Says alot about our passing!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, March 5, 2005, 18:31:24 »

We pass the ball?Huh?? I thought we just twatted it wherever we could so long as it was away from the penalty area.
DMR

« Reply #21 on: Saturday, March 5, 2005, 18:32:38 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
We pass the ball?Huh?? I thought we just twatted it wherever we could so long as it was away from the penalty area.

Of course not! Our full backs dilly dally more than Brian Howard at a World Pie Convention.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, March 5, 2005, 19:00:04 »

Negatives:
-   We could miss Rhys is he’s out for any length of time
-   A lot of people will give up on the playoffs now
-   Too many sarcastic comments in the Nationwide
-   We can’t defend
-   King plays the wrong players – Ifil, Nicholas, Howard should all be in the team
-   Slabber swap for Fallon – what were we thinking?  Fallon’s pretty dire, but Slabber is woeful, missed an open goal when it was harder to miss
-   Parkin is getting royally fucked off with us as we’re continually shit when it matters
-   Jenkins’ is beginning to play crap, like Duke, but with less pace and crossing ability
-   I’ve got tickets for the Franchise and Luton games

Positives:
-   Steve Book can kick a ball
-   Miglioranzi looks good – deserves a start soon
-   Smith is still playing very well, although the goals aren’t coming at the moment
-       At least I didn't travel from Zurich!

In summary, play Migs, Nicholas, Howard and Ifil next week and I'll reckon we're in with a chance.  Play Hewlett, Duke, Holmes and Heywood/Jenkins then I think we'll get mullered.

I now remember why my last home game was Colchester, and why I haven't bothered since.  Maybe I'm a jinx?  I also saw the 3-0 home defeat against Wycombe a couple of seasons ago.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, March 5, 2005, 22:04:00 »

sorry guys - first time I've ever left b4 the end of the game - couldn't  stand it - I'lll be back though
love
Sad Ron
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, March 5, 2005, 22:13:13 »

I think that's harsh

Parkin worked his bollocks off but didn't get the ball when he was in a good position. Always chasing and never stopped working (see Sonic Youth's Sam Parkin post!)
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, March 6, 2005, 00:32:06 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"

I think that's harsh

Parkin worked his bollocks off but didn't get the ball when he was in a good position. Always chasing and never stopped working (see Sonic Youth's Sam Parkin post!)

IOn fairnbess, his hair is fucking awful.  Its an embarrass,emnt and needs Toni and Guy's to sort it out.

I say bring back Gr\zioli, he had a quality hairdude.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #26 on: Sunday, March 6, 2005, 00:49:08 »

Toni & Gay's is a shit place to get your hair done. you pay over the odds for some average 'hairdresser' who thinks they are the bogs dollocks at cutting hair, to create a style they want to do, regardless of what you ask for
BigStan

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, March 6, 2005, 13:33:21 »

Quote from: "Piemonte2"
Heywood-5 Muscled off the ball countless times by Fletcher. needs to toughen up a bit

That'll be the same Fletcher that spent all of the second half signalling to his goalkeeper NOT to kick the ball towards him because Heywood had beaten him into submission.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, March 6, 2005, 14:26:11 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
Toni & Gay's is a shit place to get your hair done. you pay over the odds for some average 'hairdresser' who thinks they are the bogs dollocks at cutting hair, to create a style they want to do, regardless of what you ask for

When I finally have my hair cut I reckon I'll just get my mum to do it.
DMR

« Reply #29 on: Sunday, March 6, 2005, 15:27:15 »

I'm knocking Jenkins down to minus 10.

Cynical and deliberate as well as dangerous and he's broken Cummings leg. Badly apparantly.

Out of character for him. Very disappointing.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: