Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: May as well turn to the youths game...  (Read 19858 times)
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2007, 08:43:04 »

I was really impressed with the youths last night, I thought they played really well and I enjoyed the game.  There are def a few names to look out for in the future, Chris Allen looked a really useful player, controlled our midfield.  Didn't stop running even though he was dead on his feet and carrying a knock. Lukas Played well but I think he could of got forward a bit more, he held back far too much. Very good effort by the lads, sometimes wish the first team would put in as much effort!
mattboyslim

« Reply #181 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2007, 08:49:07 »

Great night, and really felt for them - a genuine 110% job.  Only compalint was that with ten mn and a few f our guys dead on their feet we should have made changes - some fresh legs might have seen us through to the penalties.  Wht is it with us and set pieces!!!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2007, 09:07:23 »

I agree about the subs, the #10 looked totally fucked. I'm guessing he was a designated penalty taker so I guess the descision was not clear cut.

But they gave everything they had. As a fan you can't ask for more than that and as a player you can hold your head up high.
Piemonte

« Reply #183 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2007, 09:27:45 »

Great effort from the young lads, a very enjoyable game to watch that had a bit of everything (chances, controversy, handbags scuffles, red card)

3 Standout players for us were Karl Kennedy, Chris Allen & Lukas. Get the feeling that Sturrock might like Kennedy, he's got a very good left foot.

For me, Lukas and Lua Lua were the best players on the pitch, although obviously very different. I enjoyed our approach to dealing with Lua Lua, which was simply to kick him as often as possible Cheesy  In fact I liked the physical approach of our team in general, their keeper took plenty of whacks, mainly due to the excellent set piece delivery. pity that they couldnt defend them, just like the 1st team Crying

After seeing Lukas playing againts his own age group - a prediction: He will be playing in the championship by the time he is 21
McLovin

« Reply #184 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2007, 09:53:35 »

Some points of note:

LuaLua is a twat
Jon Stewart loves getting involved in scuffles, which i found quite amusing
Dr Karl looked quite a good leftback with a good left peg
Morris/Aleen looked liek a good midfield pairing, but their both quite tiny
Hopper looked like he'd be worthy of a 15 minute run out if the first team had a slight injury crisis.

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2007, 11:37:14 »

believe me,there are some great players throughout the different ages at stfc.the coaches do a great job and the future is looking good.
you have to remember that the big clubs throw alot of money at their youth set ups and are academys where ours is a cofe.the fact that stfc's youngsters more than hold their own against the big boys is a credit to all involved.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2007, 12:05:30 »

We always have produced decentplayers, but they hit a plateau at 18/19 when they need to be given a chance and they fail to kick on having been givcen nothing more than occasional sub appearnaces - when they have started, they've shone.

Take David Stroud - started v Huddersfield away, MoM - started against Boston at home in the Cup, subbed off despite looking like our best attacking option that day. Never seen again.

Holgate - Boxing Day v ColU, best player in the first half - gets a go under Wise, MoM v Brentford playing centre mid - gets injured, not given a sniff since and don't expect he'll get a go.

Caton - that run against MK and murdering Gareth Edds every time he went down the left - last seen training at QPR
mattboyslim

« Reply #187 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2007, 12:15:47 »

To be fair to Caton and Holgate Sturrock has expressed his desire to see them when fit - that said like Monky found is Ashan is playing at Macc then I wouldn't be surprised to see him go perm.  Poor old Caton can't seem to find more than 5 minutes of fitness before injury hits again.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2007, 12:35:17 »

Quote from: "The Moonraker"
or Luke Hopper

Number 9 was Lukas

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2007, 12:36:02 »

Quote from: "lebowski"
i thought that bushey. certainly the centre section of the stand was full from front to back, don't know about the wings.

any idea who our number 7 was? looked a good player to me.

Sam Morris was number 7

STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2007, 12:36:28 »

I met Millom last night  Cheesy  he gave me a kiss  Oops
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2007, 12:43:26 »

I liked the way the ref gave Newcastle a free kick when the Newcastle United defender took out his own keeper and we had possession of the ball...........Shit ref.

Apart from that, we were very good. Allen in the centre of midfield was as good as always and i felt our centre back pairing werent to bad at all. Tom Evans (One of the centre backs) got MOTM too, so that was good.
Lukas never fails to impress. He was tremendous. I'm sure the many scouts that were there will be watching him.

Hopper looks like he's worth a try in the first team at some point, as has been said.

Zurich Red

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2007, 14:32:20 »

There's some video of the game on the FA website here:

http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/TheFAYouthCup/NewsAndFeatures/Postings/2007/02/SwindonNewcastleVid.htm
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2007, 14:40:18 »

Quote from: "STFCBird"
I met Millom last night  Cheesy  he gave me a kiss  Oops

Good wasnt it!
 Tongue

f it dont need fixing....dont fuckin break it

Await The Day
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!