Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 92% back Fans' consortium  (Read 4248 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« on: Sunday, February 4, 2007, 12:43:22 »

The results of the Adver poll are in: over 4500 votes (ie probably slightly larger than the rock-bottom hard core home gate) with 92% backing the consortium, 5% against, and 3% unsure. However you want to look at it, that's a massive endorsement from the fans for the Fans' Consortium and a huge blow for the board. Time to face facts, chaps, you've lost the fanbase completely. Time to pack up and go.

[edit]linkage: http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/sportlatest/display.var.1167790.0.poll_backs_fans_consortium.php
flammableBen

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, February 4, 2007, 12:50:04 »

Unless some certain trust board members bought some endangered Proboscis Monkeys on the black market, before training them in cruel ways involving whips to constantly vote on the Adver poll with nothing more to sustain them than cigarette butts and cold coffee.

You Bastards!!!!!

Free those Monkeys.
rudeboydreas

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, February 4, 2007, 14:10:08 »

Quote from: "pauld"
Pook-bottom

Tee-hee  Cheesy

img]http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/9228/diamandisal7.jpg[/img]
Maverick

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, February 4, 2007, 14:10:57 »

Quote from: "pauld"
However you want to look at it, that's a massive endorsement from the fans for the Fans' Consortium and a huge blow for the board. Time to face facts, chaps, you've lost the fanbase completely. Time to pack up and go.

Sorry Paul ... I agree it is an endorsement ... but firstly 4,500 of our fans are just not bothered enough to vote on internet forums ... secondly most of us know how to vote multiple times of the adver forum ... thirdly I know that far less than 9 out of 10 actual fans who attend games would vote that way .... so whilst I agree it is a vote against the Board ... it is a long way short of the levels you imply in my opinion.

IF support is that strong ... why so few bits of orange yesterday .. once the freebies stopped being handed out?

However ... I have no doubt that change is needed .. and I am sure in time it will happen .. and then perhaps we can all turn the page and move forwards.  

I will also be glad when we can not only enjoy the current period of silence (no statements and counterstatements) becoming a permanent feature ... but also an end to the propaganda war to win over the hearts and minds of the fans which both sides have been waging ... and to date is clearly being won by the fans Consortium.
fatbury

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, February 4, 2007, 14:11:31 »

not going to matter to this board tho is it .. they dont care about the fans .. just how much money they can make out of relocating to Chippenham ..nothing else is important to them
sonic youth

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, February 4, 2007, 14:27:18 »

I was waiting for someone to say that...

Of course the poll isn't entirely representative of every fan. Not every fan has the internet, let alone bother to vote on a poll on the Adver website which hasn't been mentioned in the media until yesterday(?).

Even if the Trust orangised for an independent polling company to question every single Swindon fan at the next home game, it could still be argued that it's not entirely representative and as such no real conclusions can be drawn from it.

Personally, I think that it's a ringing endorsement of the Fan's Consortium - whichever way you look at it, if 4,500 individuals voted or half a dozen people voted repeatedly it shows that there is a very significant amount of support for the consortium.

To deny such obvious facts is foolish, short-sighted and ignorant.

As for people not wearing orange - also irrelevent. The orange protest was well publicised for the game(s) before Christmas and it's entirely feasible that people simply think that the protest is over. I've been to the County Ground once since the Rovers game and I saw plenty of orange, not as much as previous games but I can't see why people who wore orange before would suddenly decide "oh, hang on, I love the board now".

Whether you wear orange or not does not categorically define which side you support, this isn't Nazi Germany and they're not the equivalent of the Star of David.

Even from afar I can see that support for the board is dwindling.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, February 4, 2007, 14:42:11 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
orangised

Was that intentional?  Cheesy
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, February 4, 2007, 14:47:10 »

As far as the Orange went yesterday, a decision was made to not promote it as talks are being held.  We are not trying to piss people off for the sake of it, there was a reason why the orange rev started and that was to get the board talking to the representatives of the Fans Consortium.

Having said that I was pleased to see the amount of orange in the ground yesterday.
Sussex

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, February 4, 2007, 15:01:33 »

I think a special mention should go to Dave Blackurrants nan. He's now the proud owner of a bright orange scarf she knitted for him especially for the Orange Revolution  Cheesy
Maverick

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, February 4, 2007, 15:36:33 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"

Personally, I think that it's a ringing endorsement of the Fan's Consortium - whichever way you look at it, if 4,500 individuals voted or half a dozen people voted repeatedly it shows that there is a very significant amount of support for the consortium.

umm actually if it was just half a dozen people voting repeatedly .... it shows very little support  Tongue .. but hey nobody is suggesting that are they?

As for people not wearing orange - also irrelevent. The orange protest was well publicised for the game(s) before Christmas and it's entirely feasible that people simply think that the protest is over. I've been to the County Ground once since the Rovers game and I saw plenty of orange, not as much as previous games but I can't see why people who wore orange before would suddenly decide "oh, hang on, I love the board now".

Since last Saturday when Orange was still being handed out ..... I am not aware of any "please don't wear orange" statements from anyone ... so my guess is, that as is sadly frequently the case, that the great British apathy raises its head once more ...... just as if you sent out a postal vote to all fans ... you would probably get about 10-20% bothering to send it back .... people just do not feel motivated enough to stand up and be counted ... they just want to go watch the football ... and that does not mean that anyone suddenly loves the board any more than they did or the trust any less ..... just how it is (IMO) ... and if anyone thinks they can rely on anything close to 90% support if things need to be stepped up .. then they are in fairyland.

In my opinion ... the moment is passing ... if the talks come to nothing ... what then?  Fans are fickle .... some will stay away again by way of protest ... but most will continue to go, especially as for once we are having a better season ... I know of a few people who have started coming back again just because we are up for promotion.

Protests on match days? That will alienate many from the cause and leaves the door open for blame to be laid for any dip in form.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, February 4, 2007, 16:15:06 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
not going to matter to this board tho is it .. they dont care about the fans .. just how much money they can make out of relocating to Chippenham ..nothing else is important to them

Probably not the best place to say this, but what is so wrong with relocating ? I've been lucky enough to live abroad for a few years and attend sporting occasions in the US. The stadia and facilities are so far in advance of any of the old decrepid stadia in the UK. Its lovely to go for a slash and not have to wade through piss, or queue for ages to go into a corrugated iron shed. Its nice to be covered and protected from rain, sleet and snow etc. Its just a nice experience as when the facilities get 'tired' then what happens ? A new stadium is built !

At the end of the day, as long as the relocation isn't major and the team name doesn't change then who cares !

NMH

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Sussex

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, February 4, 2007, 16:41:34 »

Quote from: "Nomoreheroes"
Probably not the best place to say this, but what is so wrong with relocating ?

You're taking the piss, surely.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, February 4, 2007, 16:54:51 »

Quote from: "Nomoreheroes"

At the end of the day, as long as the relocation isn't major and the team name doesn't change then who cares !

NMH

Is Chippenham major relocation. Too fucking right it is. If I want to support a team in Chippenam I will go and watch the real Chippenham Town. Some people will go but fuck that. Might as well go and watch Reading or Cheltenham or anyone really. Cause they are also not Swindon Town.
Maverick

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, February 4, 2007, 17:25:02 »

Sorry NMH ... totally disagree with that one ..... Swindon is Swindon ..... Chippenham is Chippenham ..... end of!

Traditionally football in this country has always been territorial ..... America does not have anything like the same sense of tradition or heritage.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, February 4, 2007, 17:27:40 »

Quote from: "Maverick"
Sorry NMH ... totally disagree with that one ..... Swindon is Swindon ..... Chippenham is Chippenham ..... end of!

Traditionally football in this country has always been territorial ..... America does not have anything like the same sense of tradition or heritage.

i agree with you Maverick. you only have to look at what an American "local derby" is to realise that. Chippenham is not Swindon and it's as simple as that
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: