Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sturrocks going to regret not signing a striker  (Read 7012 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 21:31:58 »

Not forgetting that we can still bring players in on-loan, if things get really bad.

Things get better but they never get good
stfc_steve

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 21:32:57 »

ffs im pissed off with loans, its not going to permanently solve the problem is it !!!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 21:32:54 »

that doesnt mean Roberts is any good.

Sturrock didnt buy Roberts and Sturrock hasnt been given a chance to bring in strikers of his choice.

Now Lukas has had a rest after the xmas period, I expect Sturrock may start him again....and about time to.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 21:37:46 »

Quote from: "stfc_steve"
ffs im pissed off with loans, its not going to permanently solve the problem is it !!!

Stupedist. Comment. Ever

Things get better but they never get good
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 21:38:38 »

Maybe Luggy should've splashed some monopoly money around in January and signed an imaginary striker!

It's All Good..............
timmyg

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 21:42:10 »

Roberts was wank today. But I thought the whole team just couldn't be arsed. It was a strange game as Hartlepool didn't look very good either, but at least they were getting to the ball and picking up second balls/loose balls.

I think Timlin and Pook were rubbish, but not helped by the defenders constant lumping the ball up front all the time. Having said that, both of them didn't offer any help to the defence when they got the ball and if they did recieve the pass either lost it or passed it straight back again.

Zaboub and Sahkes were our only semi-threats and the both got shafted by Sturrock.

The players just didn't seem up for it. Neither did Hartlepool, though I'll bet they were happy with the constant giving of the ball to their centre-backs.

never trust a nun...
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 21:42:40 »

He tried to sign Rogers, and probably some other strikers of the same mould also.  However they didnt want to join for one reason or another.  However in the case of Rodgers, he seems the same mould of player as Roberts,  maybe suggesting he think Roberts isnt up to the task - or that we need better.

If we go up this season, i doubt we will see Roberts being a forst team starter next season - FACT
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 21:47:22 »

Quote from: "StefPol"
He tried to sign Rogers, and probably some other strikers of the same mould also.  However they didnt want to join for one reason or another.  However in the case of Rodgers, he seems the same mould of player as Roberts,  maybe suggesting he think Roberts isnt up to the task - or that we need better.

If we go up this season, i doubt we will see Roberts being a forst team starter next season - FACT

And if that's what Sturrock thinks, fine.

But at the moment Sturrock is picking him.

So he obviously thinks he can do a job in this league.

santini

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 21:53:31 »

Quote from: "timmyg"

the defenders constant lumping the ball up front all the time.

the constant giving of the ball to their centre-backs.

The distribution from Williams was shocking first half.

He with his lack of pace and Ifil with his ... Ifilness ... were really troubled by their pacey runners and resorted to the simple panic response of lumping it up the middle.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 21:53:58 »

Quote from: "herthab"
Quote from: "StefPol"

And if that's what Sturrock thinks, fine.

But at the moment Sturrock is picking him.

So he obviously thinks he can do a job in this league.

Doesn't mean that at all.  Roberts is playing as we have two strikers (Lucas and Peacock) who lack pace and hence should not be paired with one another.  Sturrock Jnr has not played due to his lack of match fitness.  As a result, Roberts is the only other feasable solution to play at this moment in time (along with either Peaock or Lucas).  So that does not mean Sturrock thinks Roberts can do a job for him - it means he has to pick him from the resources currenly available to him.  Give it a couple of weeks, and i wouldnt be surprised to see Sturrock and Peacock play upfront (nless Roberts has a purple patch and starts playing well and scoring on a more regular basis)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 21:59:35 »

Don't agree with you at all.

Roberts has shown he has ability.

He doesn't show it enough!

Sturrock will keep him in the side for the rest of this season.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 22:04:17 »

Roberts will be gone next season...
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #42 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 22:25:58 »

lots of ott comments I feel as a result of the fact we lost a game.

bottom line as I see it, Hartlepool are the form team, they owe us one from their place. they weren't anything special but no team in this league is. its a shitty little league.
first ten minutes apart, their centre backs had our entire attack nullified without breaking sweat. they were a very organised side, two banks of four who offered nothing going forwards but came to close down and stifle us and hopefully nick a goal which is exactly what they did.

We also gift wrapped them a goal on a silver service tea tray.

Andy Monkhouse is a little fucking scrot for that pathetic celebration infront of the town end. I didn't really understand what he was playing at. he was only at this club for five minutes it's not like anyone gives two shits about him. it wasn't as if it was joey fucking beauchamp scoring infront of the town end for fucks sake. (whoever those cunts trying to start "andy monkhouse on a piece of string" in the town end were, embarrassing)

as for the Roberts Peacock we haven't got a striker blah blah blah that is indeed the case, but the bottom line is we've got enough to get out of this shitty little league. I've seen enough to be convinced of that by now. todays result doesn't affect anything so stop crying like it does.

like Sturrock said we will lose games at home this season, so fucking what. we got undone by one goal which we fucking gifted them that is my biggest concern of today not the fact that Roberts is a lazy cunt who drifts in and out of games or the fact we haven't got a 25 goal a season striker, whats new in any of that? the way Andy Monkhouse had time to think about his little celebration whilst he was watching the ball drop onto his head and into the net totally unchallenged is the only thing that is worth worrying about from todays game.

we had an off day, but mainly because we weren't allowed to play by one of the best teams in this league. if not the best. it aint the end of the world folks.

we'll still go up and I'm sure they'll be up with us. and Andy Monkhouse will play ten games a season for them like he has managed at every other club he's been at. That riled me that he felt the need to take the piss like that but he's a nothing player at the end of the day
Bartek

« Reply #43 on: Sunday, February 4, 2007, 00:17:27 »

Who is leading in top-scorer clasification in conference league ? Bring him to the team !!!  :?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #44 on: Sunday, February 4, 2007, 00:23:18 »

Quote from: "Bartek"
Who is leading in top-scorer clasification in conference league ? Bring him to the team !!!  :?

Would involve money we don't have Bartek. If you look at transfers for the top players even in that division, they're too high for us. We missed out on Junior Agogo a while back because we couldn't afford the transfer fee.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: