Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sturrocks going to regret not signing a striker  (Read 7015 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 20:40:42 »

Yep, it's the end of the world.

We'll just slide down the table now.

Be lucky if we make the playoffs.

PMA.    Positive Mental Attitude.

We weren't outplayed by the form team.... FACT

We are 2nd...........FACT

We have a reasonably good run in.................FACT

You can't honestly expect to win every game.

We haven't been outplayed by any team this season.

Get a fucking grip all you doom merchants!

It's All Good..............
Maverick

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 20:46:10 »

For the first 20-25 minutes at Peterborough we could have been home and dry if we had only put away our chances .... and because we didn't ... the heads started to drop and we lost the belief .... we haven't really got it back since ..... we need to change it around and not have the same starting eleven next week ... oh and really work in training at putting the ball in the net this week!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 20:48:11 »

Quote from: "Maverick"
For the first 20-25 minutes at Peterborough we could have been home and dry if we had only put away our chances .... and because we didn't ... the heads started to drop and we lost the belief .... we haven't really got it back since ..... we need to change it around and not have the same starting eleven next week ... oh and really work in training at putting the ball in the net this week!

Genius.

Are you after Luggys job?

Maverick

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 20:53:38 »

.. hence the exclamation mark herthab .... I don't have anything by way of a "stating the bleedin' obvious" emoticon!
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 20:57:54 »

There are probably other games where the strikers have had chances to score but have failed.  

Every person has their own individual opinion on the Roberts matter, but mine is that Roberts isn't good enough to play in our current team.  At least with Peacock, you can see him track back, do dirty roles, and just generally throw himself around the pitch.  Sometimes this is beneficial for Town and we all admire his commitment and play, but other times you just bloody wished he stayed in and around the box to do more.  His goals to game ratio isnt great (just like Roberts), but because Peacock does all of the above in many games, and hence why it is understandable why he is in our team.

Roberts is playing as the main striker in our team.  He has the pace to hurt oposition defenders, but dips in and out of games too much.  Last week he did many weaving runs, got into good positions, but then the final pass or shot was usually so piss poor, you'd just wanna pull your hair out.  Hes got potential, but wil never fully utilise it.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 21:01:14 »

Quote from: "StefPol"
There are probably other games where the strikers have had chances to score but have failed.  

Every person has their own individual opinion on the Roberts matter, but mine is that Roberts isn't good enough to play in our current team.  At least with Peacock, you can see him track back, do dirty roles, and just generally throw himself around the pitch.  Sometimes this is beneficial for Town and we all admire his commitment and play, but other times you just bloody wished he stayed in and around the box to do more.  His goals to game ratio isnt great (just like Roberts), but because Peacock does all of the above in many games, and hence why it is understandable why he is in our team.

Roberts is playing as the main striker in our team.  He has the pace to hurt oposition defenders, but dips in and out of games too much.  Last week he did many weaving runs, got into good positions, but then the final pass or shot was usually so piss poor, you'd just wanna pull your hair out.  Hes got potential, but wil never fully utilise it.

I think we should get rid of our top scorer.

He's obviously shite..............

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 21:02:38 »

do you watch Swindon? he is shite...

11 is hardly an impressive total anyway. Only 8 in the League.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 21:12:03 »

Peacock is our top scorer in the league, and to me they are the only figures that matter.

3/8 of Roberts goals in the league have come from the spot, (just below 40%).  Fair enough penalties need to be scored, but only 5 goals in the league have been scored from open play (and we've played 30 games this season).  Fair enough he may have missed the odd game here and there,  but Roberts probably averages 1 goal in every 5 games from open play (assuming he wasnt the penalty taker).
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 21:15:59 »

Quote from: "DV85"

Yep I do.

And he's infuriating.

But the FACTS are that he's scored most of our goals.

The FACT is he had the best chance to score today.

We haven't got a 20 a season striker, we've got to make do with what we've got.

Sturrock picks the team and he obviously thinks Roberts is more of a threat than Lukas or His son.

I'd be inclined to trust his judgement a little more than yours............

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 21:26:47 »

Roberts has scored 2 more goals in open play than Jutkiewicz

Roberts has started 23 games and appeared as sub 3 times

Jutkiewicz has started 6 games and come on as sub 11 times

I know who id rather have in my starting 11
stfc_steve

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 21:28:22 »

Quote from: "herthab"

Yep I do.

And he's infuriating.

Sturrock picks the team and he obviously thinks Roberts is more of a threat than Lukas or His son.

:roll: so what if roberts has scored most of our goals, take today for example, 1 on 1 and decides to try and take it round the keeper. He is about as incompitant as an old granny
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 21:28:43 »

Quote from: "herthab"

Yep I do.

And he's infuriating.

Be interesting to see next week what Sturrock does.  

Peacock is our best striker at the moment and has been all season.  With Sturrock praising Peacocks contribution to the team over the last few weeks, its hard for Sturrock to drop him

Before Sturrock jnr got full fitness, Sturrock senior could only chose between Peacock, Lucas and Roberts up front.

Lucas played a few games, but i think Sturrock snr doesn't want him playing too many games because of overburn (Lucas is only 17).  Secondly, Lucas and Peacock play a similar style game (eg big target men who lack significant pace).  As a result, Roberts is the only option to play upfront who has any significant pace.

I'm not to sure what type of striker Sturrock jnr is (but sturrock snr says hes a different type to the one the club currently had).  I think he will start pushing Roberts for  first team place from now on however
spacey

« Reply #27 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 21:29:13 »

The problem is midfield not the strikers...

Flamin' Nora! I can't keep up! Does that mean we have to start hating Pook again? It's just I'm about to draw a beard on my voodoo doll and I need someone to tell me what to think.

Help!
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 21:30:02 »

Hes only scored 3 more goals then bloody Sturock Jnr, and hes only played 3 sub apperances     Wink  (in open play)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 21:30:24 »

Shame you're not the manager then, isn't?

I've got faith in Sturrock. He's an experienced manager and he's been through all this before.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: