Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sturrocks going to regret not signing a striker  (Read 7014 times)
townfanupnorth

« on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 19:48:28 »

I think Sturrock will regret not signing a striker, as peterborough and today showed if we had a decent striker we would have put our chances away and won on tuesday and today.

Very disappointed that there was not more than 1 signing.

Very hard game at rochdale next week, they have been doing very well lately, hammering Franchise 5-0 and drawing at walsall today, we are going to have to play very well to win and its a game we need to win.

Sturrock needs to make changes next week, i personally would drop pook and roberts and play weston and lukas.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 19:53:16 »

what fucking chances?

we created nothing today and Kontantontopolopopodus didnt have a save to make.

Midfield was the problem today. As tuesday we had nothing in the middle of the park. We won no second balls and the midfielders both sat too deep and didnt offer any attacking threat.

Too often Roberts drops into the channels and no one from midfield gets themselves in the box to replace Roberts who isnt there.
townfanupnorth

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 19:55:20 »

Sturrocks going to have to give them a good kick up their arses and fire them up and make some changes, we need to go on a run again starting next week.
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 20:01:31 »

I agree. I feel if we had a prolific striker we would have this league won by now

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 20:04:00 »

he will get someone in on loan i think.why get just anybody in? i'd rather wait wait for the right man?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 20:04:51 »

'Prolific' strikers are hard to come by with no money though...

MK have the top scorer in their side and they are below us
spacey

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 20:15:53 »

It's shocking! we've lost one whole game in the last 8 league games! It simply isn't good enough!! I don't think it's acceptable for us to lose ever again!!! I blame everything on our top scorer Christian Roberts! I used to blame Michael Pook but that's not fashionable at the moment.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 20:18:26 »

Quote from: "STFC Bart"
I agree. I feel if we had a prolific striker we would have this league won by now

a 'prolific' striker wont score goals unless we create chances, we didnt create any today thats why we lost

The problem is midfield not the strikers...
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 20:25:18 »

Quote from: "DV85"

a 'prolific' striker wont score goals unless we create chances, we didnt create any today thats why we lost

In many games this season we've created loads of chances, yet our strikers havent been burying them in the back of the net.

Looking at the Swindon website, Roberts has scored 8 goals in the league this season.  I reckon Leon Knight (who scored his first goal today), will probaly manage to outscore Roberts by the end of the season.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 20:26:49 »

Quote from: "StefPol"

In many games this season we've created loads of chances, yet our strikers havent been burying them in the back of the net.

Looking at the Swindon website, Roberts has scored 8 goals in the league this season.  I reckon Leon Knight (who scored his first goal today), will probaly manage to outscore Roberts by the end of the season.

In which games have we created 'loads' of chances?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 20:27:01 »

Thought midfield was poor today tbh.

Timlins worst game so far and Pooks positionable play was back to his usual standard.

I had a couple of complete pricks behind me blaming Roberts for everything. What a couple of total wankers! On another day we would've scored 2 or 3.

We could've done with Evans in CM today...............................

It's All Good..............
kaufman

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 20:31:10 »

to be fair on the roberts issue, although i only heard it on the radio every bit of good play ended up with roberts being the last player mentioned before each move ended. it sounded like he had a mare
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 20:31:34 »

Quote from: "StefPol"

In which games have we created 'loads' of chances?

Maccesfield last week, Rochdale at home, Stockport at home, Palace away, Brentford at home, Accrington away ...................
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 20:36:02 »

Macclesfield and Rochdale was down to good goal keeping.

Bar Palace, all the other games were months ago. Plus just because you listed them doesnt actually mean we had 'loads' of chances.

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 20:37:59 »

dv you should fucking cheer up.go out and get laid or something!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: