Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: hartlepool today.  (Read 7147 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 18:25:47 »

Roberts had a shocker! terrible performance from him. no one really played too well in the 2nd half though tbh. i was impressed with shakes in the first half. Zaaboub and Peacock for the whole game. thought them two played quite well.
glos_robin

« Reply #16 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 18:31:28 »

Agree with what has been said about Roberts, a massive argument broke out in the Nationwide about him.

Ifil was MOM for me seemed at times to be playing in 4 or 5 positions to cover for the wasters around him
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 18:38:01 »

I didnt go to the game, but it sounded like a tight game where a 0-0 or 1-0 was always going to be the likely result.

From the sound of the radio, it seemed like  Swindon edged the game overall, but in a game where very few clear cut chances were created, Hartlepool scored their chances, whilst Town missed theirs.

Apparently we have the easiest run in our remaining games in comparison to Walsall, McDonalds and Hartlepool.  I reckon its between us 4 teams to fill the top 3 positions.  I'm jst hoping we can get back to winning ways next week and continue our recent decent form.  A win next week is vital, especially with Hartlepool playing Walsall.  Gives us a chance to gain points on 1, if not both our rivals
Devon Red

« Reply #18 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 18:40:43 »

There's no doubting Roberts has ability but for fucks sake put a cross in and stop trying to round everyone!
And also shoot when in and around the box and stop playing it backwards and forwards accross the edge of the box.

Rant over.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 18:41:53 »

Quote from: "StefPol"
I didnt go to the game, but it sounded like a tight game where a 0-0 or 1-0 was always going to be the likely result.

From the sound of the radio, it seemed like  Swindon edged the game overall, but in a game where very few clear cut chances were created, Hartlepool scored their chances, whilst Town missed theirs.

Apparently we have the easiest run in our remaining games in comparison to Walsall, McDonalds and Hartlepool.  I reckon its between us 4 teams to fill the top 3 positions.  I'm jst hoping we can get back to winning ways next week and continue our recent decent form.  A win next week is vital, especially with Hartlepool playing Walsall.  Gives us a chance to gain points on 1, if not both our rivals

i have to agree with you there. i can't see Lincoln finishing in the top 3 now. we dont have an easy run though i don't think. Rochdale next up and that won't be easy at all. although you would expect us to win!
West Country LaLaLa

« Reply #20 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 18:42:21 »

Think Sturrock got it wrong in the 2nd half today - changed the personel too much and the system suffered as a result. The long ball from the back just doesn't work against a good defence like Hartlepools - and they were a good defence. Williams for one just pumped the ball forward at every opportunity and they're defence dealt with it easy. They clearly had a game plan, they stuck to it and were better than us.

Don't think Roberts can be blamed - he's a striker after all and is better cutting in from wide positions. Thought Jack Smith offered him very little support, he didn't make any over lapping runs at all. Worth remembering that Roberts isn't a winger - yes he should do a job for the team - but why slate him for not getting crosses in when thats not what he is best at.

All in all, not a very good performance today. Timlin very poor, Shakes didn't make the most of his pace at all against fat boy Humphreys. Zaboub good in the first 10 mins, Peacock worked hard again but couldn't win much in the air.
Papa Smurf

« Reply #21 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 19:00:28 »

I thought Sturrocks tactical decisions were poor today. Zaboub is undoubtedly our most dangerous winger, so why move him to left back and put weston on left wing? Particularly when Weston is a centre mid.

Secondly, taking off shakes for Sturrock, OK if you're going to play 3 up, but not if you're just gonna stick with the same formation and move roberts out wide.

:evil:
santini

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 19:02:37 »

Quote from: "West Country LaLaLa"
Zaboub good in the first 10 mins
.. and then he thought he'd done enough and stopped thinking as a team player. They were well organised and so good at blocking our moves and tracking runners that we struggled to  get anyone free and Zaaboub ignored them when they did overlap.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 19:06:55 »

I think you are being pretty harsh on Roberts personally.  Should have got his shot away though.

For the definition of lazy see Monkhouse.

Agree Shakes shouldn't have come off. After the switch around we looked about as threatening as a blamanche.
santini

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 19:14:12 »

Quote from: "Batch"
After the switch around we looked about as threatening as a blamanche.
Lost our shape completely. Too many out of position and getting in each other's way.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 19:37:55 »

Okay Roberts has bad games and looks slightly apathetic at times but HOW THE HELL can you say he is a crap waste of space?! He has scored more goals than anybody else for us this season.

Okay fine slate him for a bad game but don't go round sayiong he is crap constantly. Bandwaggon jumping if I ever saw it
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 19:41:50 »

He's scored 3 more than Peacock and taken what? 8 penatlies? Fallon last season 14 goals in a much worse team that created less chances. Parkin would be well past 15 by now as well. Different players I know, but just because he's our top scorer doesnt mean he is any good or has a divine right to play.

I call him a waste of space because he is.....

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 19:48:32 »

i'm glad i couldn't get to the game now.oh and roberts always looks lazy to me
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 19:51:04 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
Okay Roberts has bad games and looks slightly apathetic at times but HOW THE HELL can you say he is a crap waste of space?! He has scored more goals than anybody else for us this season.

Okay fine slate him for a bad game but don't go round sayiong he is crap constantly. Bandwaggon jumping if I ever saw it

I agree with that.  Yes

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, February 3, 2007, 19:51:50 »

I feel we just came up against a team who were far better organised than us, played to their strengths and got the result.  Unfortunately for us so many of our players seemed lost out there today, complaining they do not understand the system.  They are professional footballers for fuck's sake, I think it just showed our limitations! :?  :?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: