Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England squad  (Read 6157 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 20:11:08 »

because he is a decent player....although he's never been a left back
Rich Pullen

« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 20:47:32 »

I think Phil Neville has improved greatly/or proved that he is a decent footballer since leaving Manchester United.

I wasn't a fan of him at Old Trafford but has certainly been consistant during his time at Everton - you've got to give him that. Whether he's the future of England however is a completely different matter!

The first eleven is okay - we need to give these players a go. I would've liked to see Gareth Barry start though.
DMR

« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 22:22:41 »

I don't understand the fuss, the honest truth is I forgot tomorrows game was on, I don't care about a meaningless friendly against some no-mark Spaniards and I won't watch it.

The team in our next competitive game will go back to, and serve up the same old crap, as usual.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 22:34:41 »

i really want joey barton to play.

the guys an absolute gun and will pour his heart and soul out in an england shirt unlike far frank

the only guys of recent years that have passion playing for england are (by position) neville, beckham, hargreaves, gerrard, rooney and owen. now we have barton, get him in there
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2007, 08:15:52 »

Oh God nnnnnoooo,this is tonight isn't it? How dull Sleep

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2007, 08:40:45 »

Firendlies are dull and boring. I would never pay to go to a friendly.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
McLovin

« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2007, 09:55:55 »

Barry should be left back
SWP shouldn't play
Barton should get at least 45
Carson > Foster
Piemonte

« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2007, 11:04:15 »

Thats such a shie England team

I'll be watching, although its mainly just an excuse to go to the pub mid week.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2007, 12:17:51 »

that is the least exciting england line up for fucking ages.

dyer is and never really has offered enough to warrant an england place but somehow always gets a look in.

aaron lennon, the man that pretty much forced beckham out of the england fold is on the bench and frank lampard perhaps the most over rated player since patrick kluivert is playing on the left (oh joy) but it's alright because peter crouch is playing upfront, at home, on his tod.

Phil fucking neville at left back for christ's sake. i'm pretty sure that he wouldnt play if cole or bridge were available but surely we've moved on from him by now?

admittedly i havent seen enough of woodgate to say whether or not he's been in good enough form to start, but i have seen alot of dawson (what with spurs being on the TV every single week) and he seems like perfect friendly fodder; could really do with the experience because his potential/ability is frightening.

Gerrard and Carrick in the middle, oooh how exciting  :boring:

and DB is right, carson is much better than foster.

officially blacker than the night.
Devon Red

« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2007, 12:30:44 »

Barton should definitely be given a game now he's finally been called up, even if it is only for 45 mins. Not sure if we'll end up playing 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 but either way it will leave an isolated striker, one that we don't have the capability of playing in that role. Quite looking forward to it as I think Mcclaren has something to prove and can't just piss around after the stick he's got.
McLovin

« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2007, 14:14:44 »

I wanted to put forward a case for Dawson, but due to my slight Spurs fondness thought it'd be ignored as unimpartial...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2007, 14:18:28 »

Dawson, to me anyway.....seems like Ifil.

Depends who he is playing with. When he's played with King he's looked a very good player but the other week when he was playing with Callum Davenport he didnt look up to much.

Lots of potential though....last player to be called into an England squad whilst having never played a Premiership game? Didnt Sven call him up once a few years back while he was still at Forest.
McLovin

« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2007, 14:23:13 »

I'm not sure.

I don't think Dawson needs anyone to help him out, i just think Davenport and Gardner are so shit it makes him look bad.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2007, 14:39:58 »

Quote from: "DV85"

Depends who he is playing with. When he's played with King he's looked a very good player but the other week when he was playing with Callum Davenport he didnt look up to much.

Lots of potential though....last player to be called into an England squad whilst having never played a Premiership game? Didnt Sven call him up once a few years back while he was still at Forest.

nah it was walcott surely?

officially blacker than the night.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2007, 14:42:57 »

Quote from: "strooood"
Quote from: "DV85"

nah it was walcott surely?

ooh your right....but he was at a Premiership club at least...

I was going to say last non-premiership player to be called up for England....but Robert Green played whilst with Norwich and possibly Andy Johnson while at Palace to...

So what I really should of said was the last non-premiership player who hadnt played in the Premiership before to be called up for England  :?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: