Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Yoofs v Bunrley match day thread  (Read 6003 times)
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, January 31, 2007, 22:12:06 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
I changed my mind. Did anybody do the scoreboard? I've been ditched and no longer told what's going on Cheesy

Yes someone did.
TalkTalk

« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, January 31, 2007, 22:12:38 »

I changed my mind. Did anybody do the scoreboard? I've been ditched and no longer told what's going on Cheesy

Shame. Could have done with a chat.

Nigel was there as usual but there were two chaps doing the scoreboard who I didn't recognise.

They didn't seemed to notice that the first goal had been disallowed though and took ages to turn off the celebration messages...
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, January 31, 2007, 22:13:38 »

Quote from: "lambourn red"
Why do the youth team play in last years kit ? surely we can afford to kit them out with same kit as the adults

I was thinking the same thing, surely we must have a few spare lying around somewhere. Strangely our number 17, a second half sub, was wearing this years strip but he was the only one.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, January 31, 2007, 22:14:56 »

What was even better was Callum Willmoth wore this seasons kit whilst the rest of the team wore last years!
sonic youth

« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, January 31, 2007, 22:15:09 »

Quote from: "TalkTalk"
Shame. Could have done with a chat.

Nigel was there as usual but there were two chaps doing the scoreboard who I didn't recognise.

They didn't seemed to notice that the first goal had been disallowed though and took ages to turn off the celebration messages...

If it was a young lad it may have been my son, if not then I've been replaced.

Shame really considering it was because I took exception to a comment about "true fans"  :roll:

Did Lukas go off for Hopper?
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, January 31, 2007, 22:19:15 »

Sonic pays the price for being one of the Townend terrorists Sad

/
W56196272
TalkTalk

« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, January 31, 2007, 22:22:14 »

Did Lukas go off for Hopper?

No...

Sam Morris according to the OS.

Although I couldn't tell you who was who apart from Lukas as Gazza hogged my bloody team sheet. Knob.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, February 1, 2007, 08:18:35 »

Thought it was fairly impressive,as has been said we were pretty poor in the first half,but as soon as we equalised we just seemed to go up another gear.The goal Rigley scored was very good,have to think it was a fluke though  Cheesy Thought Hopper stood out too,and Lukas's cross for the first goal was brilliant.All in all a enjoyable night  Cheesy
Oh and wee Willie,Sir Seaton and Starnes were there,as were Nicholas,Paul Evans,Holgate and............................................... Matty Heywood :shock:

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, February 1, 2007, 10:05:16 »

Apparently if Chris Allen has a good game the team do well if he plays badly the team don't od aswell....strange.

Home to Newcastle or Millwall next.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, February 1, 2007, 15:28:40 »

The youths wore this seasons kit when warming up, then changed into last seasons. Strange that.

The first half wasn't to bad in my opinion, as we did have chances to take the lead, what with Lukas hitting the bar, then forcing their keeper into a great save. But second half we were really good.

Scott Doe, the centre back impressed me, as did Morris, Hopper, Hyde and obviously Lukas  Cool

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
Spencer_White

« Reply #40 on: Thursday, February 1, 2007, 19:40:13 »

I was a bit dissapointed, because I couldnt see XI future pro's there. Lukas was the standout on the pitch, and could have had at least 2 in the 1st 10 minutes if he hadnt pulled out of tackles. But who can blame him for not sticking his foot in when it might mean not starting in the first team. He did put over a fabulous cross for the 2nd goal. I always thought Swindon could move up a gear with him on th field.

Dissapointed to see Kurt Hammond go off after 20 minutes because he looked like a decent player and one who might make it. The captain Chris Allen had fantastic stamina and was a cut above in fitness. Had one great run where he beat 3 players then layed off a good pass. He is obviously the engine of the side. Rigby was effective 2nd half.

Burnley had 2 players who were basically fat. And were getting by in youth football with their muscle, cant really see the point, they will be playing pub football in 2 years. Their team was OK, but not as good a unit as Swindons, and not as fit. If we do play Newcastle Im sure they will have a genuinely good side.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, February 1, 2007, 19:48:28 »

Newcastle are one of the 'big guns' when it comes to youth teams apparently.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, February 1, 2007, 20:36:00 »

You can put a fair bet on that a decent proportion of their side will get pro deals - look at them now, Huntingdon, Edgar, Steven Taylor, short ginger midfielder....Pattison, that bloody quick left mid...and older ones like Ameobi.

Any idea when the next round is?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: