Poll
Question: Do you think that Blair Sturrock deserves to start up front?  (Voting closed: Wednesday, January 31, 2007, 12:00:54)
Yes - 34 (64.2%)
No - 19 (35.8%)
Total Voters: 34

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Blair Sturrock to start?  (Read 3895 times)
red macca

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, January 31, 2007, 13:33:18 »

Drop pook ,peacock in the middle sturrock up front

Dv you moned like fuck when we sold fallon and said it didnt make sense to get rid of your top scorer so how can you justify dropping roberts?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, January 31, 2007, 13:42:33 »

Quote from: "Northern Red"
I'd prefer him to keep doing what he's doing actually - why change it?

Besides which, haven't his goals being presented to him on a plate - the first was a set-up by Lukas wasn't it?

What about last nights?

The Boston goal certainly was not on a plate. It was a very well taken goal.

The question is does Roberts deserve to be dropped? I have not seen enough of him recently to judge although I don't think Sturrock Snr is totally happy with him so maybe he will drop him for Sturrock jnr before to long.

All of which is my way of saying  Shrug
red macca

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, January 31, 2007, 13:44:28 »

If im right in the last 3 games roberts has scored,played well on saturday and assisted last night

About time people got off his back really
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, January 31, 2007, 13:50:49 »

I think that people in general are very critical of our players. Roberts, Peacock and Pook have all been slated this season at different times but they've all done ok when I've seen them.

Sometimes people need to step back a bit and cut the guys some slack. They must be doing something right after all!
mattboyslim

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, January 31, 2007, 13:56:16 »

I agree OST, I guess it's down to being in the basement for the first time in 20 years, everyone's comparing them to recent history (bit like the JAF and SSP comparison).  Our players won't be brilliant for a reason -  we're at our lowest point - we'll never be as good as past div 1 teams or even the play-off side of 3 years ago.  Obviously players have bad games and moments of shocking technique (for me it's the cross being skyed into the stand, or the dead ball hitting the first man), but generally expectations need to be lowered, maybe (hopefully) we'll be able to raise expectation again.
fatbury

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, January 31, 2007, 14:45:54 »

yep .. move Roberts to wing or play 3 at front
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, January 31, 2007, 15:54:22 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
yep .. move Roberts to wing or play 3 at front

Did your source tell you that?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, January 31, 2007, 16:08:04 »

No to dropping Roberts, he had a good game on Saturday, and looks too dangerous when he runs at defenders to be dropped!

Keep Blair as super sub.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, January 31, 2007, 17:12:51 »

I think his dad could give him a bit more time on the pitch to show what he's capable off. 5 minutes at the end of games isn't enough to judge how he'd perform over 90 minutes.

Like to see him for last 20 minutes of games we're struggling in before I start saying he should start.

Roberts frustrates the hell out of me at times, but you don't usually drop your top scorer, do you? He can be shit for 89 minutes but still score!

It's All Good..............
DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, January 31, 2007, 17:33:43 »

Quote from: "red macca"

Dv you moned like fuck when we sold fallon and said it didnt make sense to get rid of your top scorer so how can you justify dropping roberts?

Simple, Fallon was consistently good....and at the time of sale our next top scorer was Roberts (who was in the clinic) with 3

This season our next top scorer has 8, followed by a few people on 3s and 4s.

As a team we are scoring alot of goals and we arent relying purely on one player this season, opposed to last season.

Plus Roberts needs to learn he needs to play well to keep his shirt, one good game followed by a terrible one isnt good enough. I can take the odd bad performance, but being damn right lazy isnt good enough
lebowski

« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, January 31, 2007, 17:52:42 »

Besides which, haven't his goals being presented to him on a plate - the first was a set-up by Lukas wasn't it?

What about last nights?

picked the ball up deep, ghosted past 5 'boro players, dumped the goalie on his arse and then roofed it...

i would start with roberts against hartlepool. i believe that our strongest team has him in it, and peacock doesn't deserve to be dropped.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, January 31, 2007, 18:26:59 »

Quote from: "lebowski"

What about last nights?

picked the ball up deep, ghosted past 5 'boro players, dumped the goalie on his arse and then roofed it...

i would start with roberts against hartlepool. i believe that our strongest team has him in it, and peacock doesn't deserve to be dropped.

Yep I agree, Roberts all the way for me. He's impressed me the most this season with his amazing runs. He gets a lot of unfair stick sometimes. I can't remember any tap ins chances yet?

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
red macca

« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, January 31, 2007, 22:38:06 »

Quote from: "DV85"
Quote from: "red macca"

Simple, Fallon was consistently good....and at the time of sale our next top scorer was Roberts (who was in the clinic) with 3

This season our next top scorer has 8, followed by a few people on 3s and 4s.

As a team we are scoring alot of goals and we arent relying purely on one player this season, opposed to last season.

Plus Roberts needs to learn he needs to play well to keep his shirt, one good game followed by a terrible one isnt good enough. I can take the odd bad performance, but being damn right lazy isnt good enough
Ok thats fair enough.He had a good start to the season granted but what happened the two previous seasons.Imo fallon was one of those strikers who was good for himself no one else seemed to ever be able to score alongside him.Roberts has scored more goals this year than any other year for us to me thats a sign of improvement.Roberts can be lazy but the best players seem to be like that.Alot of his game is his pace if he ran around like a cunt for 90 mins you wouldnt see those bursts he has every now and again..Nearly every manager in this league has said that the danger with playing swindon is both peacock and roberts.On this one dv i think i will take the word of the pro,s and the managers..

Oh and 1hr 25mins for wise to take weston Wink
TalkTalk

« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, January 31, 2007, 22:48:21 »

Quote from: "herthab"
Like to see him for last 20 minutes of games we're struggling in before I start saying he should start.

Good call Steve.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, February 1, 2007, 00:49:29 »

I think Sturrock senior is concerned about putting Blair in the Starting line up in to avoid the other players thinking its favouritism.  You have to remember we are in the position we are in now because of the players we already had.  Blair has only been here 5 minutes so needs to earn his shirt which to be fair, he is definitely doing at the moment from the brief time hes had.  Give him more time on the pitch yes, however perhaps not start him just yet.

All in all, I know I haven't been there to watch however thats just my opinion.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: