Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sturrock: No panic purchases  (Read 3493 times)
sonic youth

« Reply #15 on: Thursday, January 25, 2007, 22:22:12 »

Football isn't complicated. We've got a good defence but yet we lose or draw games because we don't score goals.

Score more goals, we win more games, everyone's happy.

Unless football has suddenly changed drastically, strikers are there to score goals.

If we can find a better goalscorer than those we currently have, that's good.

Alternatively, which coincidentally will probably be what happens, we'll fail to sign anyone in the transfer window and this debate will have been utterly pointless.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, January 25, 2007, 22:27:43 »

w17 d5 l6

that to me indicates our squad is decent, we are winning enough games and therefore scoring enough goals....
flammableBen

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, January 25, 2007, 22:31:01 »

Quote from: "DV85"
w17 d5 l6

that to me indicates our squad is decent, we are winning enough games and therefore scoring enough goals....

Are you just arguing for the sake of it DV? I don't think people are saying that are squad isn't good or we aren't doing well, just that if we were to improve it then they'd like a striker to knock more goals in etc.

Unless you think we should definitely do nothing to improve the squad then I don't really get your point.
sonic youth

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, January 25, 2007, 22:37:14 »

I give up.

You're right, DV. We couldn't possibly be any better.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, January 25, 2007, 22:54:14 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
w17 d5 l6

Are you just arguing for the sake of it DV? I don't think people are saying that are squad isn't good or we aren't doing well, just that if we were to improve it then they'd like a striker to knock more goals in etc.

Unless you think we should definitely do nothing to improve the squad then I don't really get your point.

I dont think we should do nothing to improve the squad.

I just dont think we need to improve our forward line as they are doing the business.

We need a right winger and a right back as we only have one of each. A goal keeper(Stewart isnt good enough) and possibly another expirenced central defender because I still feel without Williams we'd be a bit fucked at the back
red macca

« Reply #20 on: Thursday, January 25, 2007, 23:09:46 »

w17 d5 l6

I just dont think we need to improve our forward line as they are doing the business.

We need a right winger and a right back as we only have one of each. A goal keeper(Stewart isnt good enough) and possibly another expirenced central defender because I still feel without Williams we'd be a bit fucked at the back
So on that basis then we DO need another striker then because without roberts 11 goals we would also be fucked
Spud

« Reply #21 on: Friday, January 26, 2007, 06:11:46 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"
Errrrrrrrrrm 'for the sake of it' i'd say we need a decent striker for the sake of gaining promotion.

I'd say you were wrong...

check how many the Walsall strikers have scored compared to ours...a alot less.

However their defenders have chipped in with 8 more goals than ours... :shock:

If it wasn't for our brilliant home record then we wouldn't be doing as well as we currently are, so i'd say im not wrong.

Sorry ive just noticed a fuck up, i meant to put 'If it wasn't for our brilliant defensive record'......whoops.
Spud

« Reply #22 on: Friday, January 26, 2007, 06:13:07 »

So if we go up this season do you think our current strike force would cut it in League One? because i certainly don't.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, January 26, 2007, 07:18:53 »

So if we go up this season do you think our current strike force would cut it in League One? because i certainly don't.

I think they'll get us up though.

It will be easier to get players in the summer if we're promoted.

Sturrock has said he'll only sign players he thinks will be able to do a job in league 1 and not many of those want to come into league 2.

It's All Good..............
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, January 26, 2007, 08:10:59 »

w17 d5 l6

you're looking at it from a purely result angle though. we all know that we play pretty craply half the time and still get results...and i know this is a game based purely on results but the performances have barely been commanding most of the time.

i wouldn't have thought that anyone will argue our squad isn't decent though, but there's always room for improvement or as sturrock says he wants a different type of player up front to give us different options.

ps- one right winger, but luggy reckons roberts is a winger, as do you i believe? and shakes has been right back before? i know it's not ideal but there's always options.

(have i managed to do a post without a condescending tone?)

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
red macca

« Reply #25 on: Friday, January 26, 2007, 08:42:05 »

spoy on bennett
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, January 26, 2007, 12:40:49 »

Quote from: "red macca"
w17 d5 l6

So on that basis then we DO need another striker then because without roberts 11 goals we would also be fucked

Nope, that would leave us with Peacock, Jutkiewicz and Sturrock who are all capable of scoring goals.

If Williams got injured it would leave us with Nicholas and CCP. Neither of which have played regular at Centre Back and neither of which have been totally convincing.

Quote from: bennett

ps- one right winger, but luggy reckons roberts is a winger, as do you i believe? and shakes has been right back before? i know it's not ideal but there's always options.

(have i managed to do a post without a condescending tone?)

Roberts is only a decent right winger if he wants to be.

He has all the attributes to be a very right winger....but if he doesnt want to play on the wing then he will strut, be lazy and toally ineffective....which would make him a waste of space.

Shakes has been right back before, for 2 games? which is alright as a short term solutions...but what if J.Smith gets a 6 week injury. Would you be confident with Shakes at right back for that period
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, January 26, 2007, 14:20:35 »

OF COURSE WE NEED A FUCKING STRIKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE DV  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

Seriously though.

It is so obvious.

It really is.

Get a grip lad.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, January 26, 2007, 17:14:30 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
OF COURSE WE NEED A FUCKING STRIKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE DV  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

Seriously though.

It is so obvious.

It really is.

Get a grip lad.

good point well made  :roll:

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, January 26, 2007, 17:27:19 »

the fact that sturrock wants to move both roberts and peacock means we need a new striker.by bringing in a forward the need to get a right mid is gone aswell as a cm player.
looks like the lad on trial is a right back so hopefully he's decent, 2 players in would be enough imomaybe a keeper too if moneys there to get one
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: