Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Club Press Release.  (Read 13044 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2007, 13:55:26 »

Back on topic......

I do not seriously beleive that this meeting will yield anything, I suspect the club will send their lawyers and there will not be any Wills present to negotiate with so it will just be a play for time.

They are trying a dividing tactic by trying to hint that Bill & Mike are not working together

They will be happy to meet Bill though and discuss his "investment / shareholding" in the holding company not a takeover.

Perhaps fan's need to up the ante ??
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2007, 13:58:23 »

Maybe they could have the meeting at these different restaurants. At the very least we will know where the best Italian cuisine is in Swindon
mattboyslim

« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2007, 14:09:57 »

But Si Pi would you trust Newbury et al if they told you where to eat?  I doubt I would.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2007, 15:44:10 »

I find it remarkable that they are publishing such petty, needless statements on the official site at the same time a trying sell themselves to potential sponsors (also on the official site)!

Seems bizarre.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2007, 16:10:29 »

But don't forget the most important issue here...the CVA.  Every day that passes is another day closer to D-Day for the board.  Another day when they need to decide how on earth they are going to extricate themselves from the hole they find themselves in.

It's only a hunch, but I have a strong feeling that the board are behaving in the way are for much the same reason that a poker player pretends he has a good hand when he's been dealt some duds.  When Bill (with or without Mike Wilks) does meet up with the board & their reps, it's going to be Bill that has the bargaining power - and not vice versa.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2007, 16:23:33 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
Maybe they could have the meeting at these different restaurants. At the very least we will know where the best Italian cuisine is in Swindon

Yeah.

Tape the gun behind the toilet.

Don't forget to drop it before you leave.

Walk out. Don't run.

It's All Good..............

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2007, 16:34:07 »

i like a good kebab,my top choices are gorse hill grill, and the van at the rugby club.the one on vic hill is the one i use if in town and thats decent too.
fabios is my fav italian but i aint had a bad one in swindon to be fair
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2007, 17:39:26 »

i honestly think its an encouraging press release. they are going to talk at least thats a fucking start! we haven't had that for 2 whole months so thats good news. time will tell if the board find the takeover bid appropraite i suppose. they may want to talk about investment but surely when BP was offered the chance to take full control of the club before the plane crash (if this is to be believed) they would be interested. i hope thats the case anyway.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2007, 17:46:53 »

Quote from: "arriba"
i like a good kebab,my top choices are gorse hill grill, and the van at the rugby club.the one on vic hill is the one i use if in town and thats decent too.
fabios is my fav italian but i aint had a bad one in swindon to be fair

van at the rugby club, good choice!!
sonic youth

« Reply #99 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2007, 18:07:30 »

I'm struggling to fully comprehend this...

The board are refusing to talk/negotiate with Mike Wilkes but are happy to talk/negotiate with Bill Power.

As Bill is already a shareholder (according to the club) and Mike isn't, aren't they effectively still refusing to negotiate with the Consortium?

Which isn't good news.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #100 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2007, 18:31:45 »

Quote from: "mattboyslim"
But Si Pi would you trust Newbury et al if they told you where to eat?  I doubt I would.

Yeah Fred will probably leave several items off the minutes. Probable a 3 course meal of several or something.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2007, 19:03:05 »

Yes ........................ and I would do it intentionally just because you were involved  Wink

:scribe:

If any other minute takers would like to step up to the plate then ace !!!

:evil:

(sorry, had a shit day !)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2007, 19:11:13 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
Yes ........................ and I would do it intentionally just because you were involved  Wink

:scribe:

If any other minute takers would like to step up to the plate then ace !!!

:evil:

(sorry, had a shit day !)

Clearly Maverick should put himself forward for minute taking duties....that way he might not have time for posting crap on message boards.
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2007, 19:13:16 »

just made the point on thisis that Maverick was lucky to get as full a set as was issued at an Open forum, particularly as Bowden arrived an blew the agenda apart.  Taking minutes is the shittiest job in the world FACT
TalkTalk

« Reply #104 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2007, 19:24:38 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Clearly Maverick should put himself forward for minute taking duties....that way he might not have time for posting crap on message boards.

Seconded.

Anally retentive wanker. A good qualification for a councillor*

* DISCLAIMER

Not all councillors are anally retentive wankers - in fact I know a handful who aren't.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: