Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 15 Years  (Read 15373 times)
arthurhorsfield

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2007, 14:30:06 »

1958/9 v Rovers..we won 3-1 I think and I got my legs slapped for booing Wovers....whilst sitting on my Dads shoulders in the Town End..odd really cos I was 27...no only kidding...really.

This club can easily sustain Champoinship football and with some investment and energy who knows, what I do know is that we as fans must never allow it to get into a state similar to its present predicament!

L'Orange
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2007, 14:51:47 »

i just checked my first game's date. i knew it was against hull.

11th march 1989, all i remember is duncan shearer scoring, my grandad falling over in the cg carpark and cutting his hand and us sitting in the arkells stand

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Scot Munroe

« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2007, 15:07:36 »

My first game was 4th April 1994 i was 6 years old and it was against Sheffield Wednesday on a Monday night. We lost 1-0 and me and dad were sitting in our old seats in the arkells stand right at the top.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2007, 15:11:05 »

(i was 8 )

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2007, 15:22:08 »

7th May, 1994 was the first game I took my lad to.

He was 3years 11 months old and I don't think he watched any of it. But it was the last game we played in the premier league and I had a feeling we might have a long, long wait for another one!

We lost. 5.0 to Leeds BTW.

First game I went to was away at West Ham in the FA cup. '87 or '88 I think.

It's All Good..............
land_of_bo

« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2007, 15:32:47 »

1986 when we beat Chester 4-2 to secure promotion, I was 10. I guess I was lucky really, was a die hard fan from 89 - 94, when as someone else said, we were awesome, and went to most home and away games before getting into raving etc which took all my money, plus who wanted to stand on a terrace on a sat afternoon after an all nighter!? I then moved away from Swindon in 97 so don't go nearly as much as I should really, plus with a wedding to save for I can't really afford more than about a game a month now  :x

I can remember when me and arriba got on telly at Hull away at their shitty old ground in the Sainsburys stand or whatever it was, we were fully paid up travel club members on the coaches with the old boys Oops
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2007, 21:49:01 »

Quote from: "quinnismyhero"
My first time was 1976 and I have been a fairly regular attendee since despite living in Yorkshire, London and Scotland at various times.

I agree with Sonic - we are a Lg1/Champ side borderline.  Our best football was played (IMHO) from 1986 to 1993 when we were awesome with three different managers and some of the best players ever to pull on a Town shirt.

My first game was 76 too; home to Shrewsbury and won 3-0.

Also agree with you; 86-93 was just fantastic years, we were spoiled then.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2007, 22:01:29 »

26 December 1995.

We drew 0-0 with Wycombe. It was a fucking dire game. But we won Div 2 that season, so meh.
flammableBen

« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2007, 22:06:22 »

One of the games when we were in the premier league. Chelsea at home I think, lost 3-1. Started to go regularly in the 95/96 season and then had a season ticket the season after that. I was born im may '84 so you can work my age out from that.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2007, 22:07:47 »

My next game after that though wasn't until 26 December 2001.

Another bloody 0-0, this time against Wycombe. Gurney got sent off in the 70th minute, then Grazioli in the 90th for fighting with Eddie Howe who also got sent off.

I really got serious about watching town in 2004 (30 November against Bristol City to be precise). I was a late convert at 18.
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2007, 22:14:23 »

2-2 v Bolton in 1974, aged 4.  Black shorts and all. Team not me, it was February.  In the middle of fifteen games without a win....what a way to start.

Sat at the top of the old Shrivvy - and was shit scared of going up those rickety steps for years.
sonic youth

« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2007, 17:50:07 »

You old man.

My first game was home to Plymouth on Boxing Day in '89. I remember nothing except the fact Shilton was their amnager, I have the programme somewhere.

I got dragged along on and off for a long time but never really became obsessed until '02 when we drew 0-0 with Reading. I remember Reeves, McArevey and Igoe getting sent off and being rather intimidated by the atmosphere  Cheesy
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2007, 18:41:34 »

my first game was at home to stoke, in 97 (i think). we won 1-0, and i think peter thorne scored. I got a season ticket for the next season, but stopped goin after we lost to stevenage, because i was only 7, and didnt fancy seeing us lose all the time.

Then i stayed away for a few years, untill we beat wedneday in the fa cup 4-1. Got a half season ticket that christmas, and im still here today.

Things get better but they never get good
Rich Pullen

« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2007, 22:00:35 »

I've never been dragged along - My dad used to take me occasionally but I was never encouraged to support Swindon!

Since my dad ditched Swindon for Chippenham in about 1998 I've been going on my own. Bastard.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2007, 22:06:36 »

Quote from: "Christy"
2-2 v Bolton in 1974, aged 4.  Black shorts and all. Team not me, it was February.  In the middle of fifteen games without a win....what a way to start.

Sat at the top of the old Shrivvy - and was shit scared of going up those rickety steps for years.

Same season

Underneath the "clock"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: