Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Massive Interview Tomorrow  (Read 9932 times)
Scot Munroe

« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2007, 15:25:58 »

Quote from: "bennett"
Quote from: "SwindonUltra"
All the best of luck Fred, hope you get it.

don't you two live together?

Hope not.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2007, 15:27:48 »

living in sin eh? tsk

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Piemonte

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2007, 15:56:28 »

I have images of Fred elliot in a dennis waterman from little britain scenario now. massive interview and all that

I already have my coat :run:
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2007, 18:19:09 »

Just got back lads and the interview lasted nearly 2 hrs.

It went remarkably well considering it was very formal and structured.

It confirmed to me that the position was tailor made to suit my strengths, and the salary and benefits etc knock my existing position into a cocked hat !

I have already had confirmation that I will be invited to a second stage interview where I need to give a presentation for 40 minutes on the process of deploying economies of scale in the domestic heating contract market and the impacts over a five year period that would have on the P & L of a business with a turnover of 125 mill pa.

Should be fun !

Thanks for all your good wishes !
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2007, 18:31:46 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"

It confirmed to me that the position was tailor made to suit my strengths, and the salary and benefits etc knock my existing position into a cocked hat !

I have already had confirmation that I will be invited to a second stage interview where I need to give a presentation for 40 minutes on the process of deploying economies of scale in the domestic heating contract market and the impacts over a five year period that would have on the P & L of a business with a turnover of 125 mill pa.

Should be fun !

Oooohhhh, sucks to be you!  Wink

Congratulations though  :thumbs:

Any strategies you can recommend for negotiating a contract with a sole supplier whose original proposal is more than twice your budget?
flammableBen

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2007, 18:33:50 »

well done. second stage sounds a bit to much like hardwork to me though.
Scot Munroe

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2007, 18:35:52 »

Well done fred. Good luck on the 2nd stage of the interview.
TalkTalk

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2007, 18:56:51 »

To paraphrase:

I have already had confirmation that I will be invited to a second stage interview where I need to give a presentation for 40 minutes on the process of deploying economies of scale in football management and the impacts over a five year period that would have on the P & L of a business with a turnover of 125 mill pa.

Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2007, 18:56:58 »

Quote from: "coxernator"

Should be fun !

Any strategies you can recommend for negotiating a contract with a sole supplier whose original proposal is more than twice your budget?

I done one last year and tackled it by looking at our expedential growth plan for the next 5 yrs.

I then set up a partnering agreement proposal which basically tied us into this particular supplier for a five year period (most suppliers will jump at the chance of long term agreements for the stability of their business)

Year one prices were in line with our budget, years 2,3,4 and 5 where all calculated on an escalation table and were incremental over the term of the agreement at set rates above the RPI.

I sold it as a true partnership agreement where their buisness grew beyond their forcast on the back of our own success.

It worked and is still working and was the first of many such restructures that I carried out.

Hope that helps mate
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2007, 20:14:48 »

Quote from: "coxernator"

Should be fun !

I done one last year and tackled it by looking at our expedential growth plan for the next 5 yrs.

I then set up a partnering agreement proposal which basically tied us into this particular supplier for a five year period (most suppliers will jump at the chance of long term agreements for the stability of their business)

Year one prices were in line with our budget, years 2,3,4 and 5 where all calculated on an escalation table and were incremental over the term of the agreement at set rates above the RPI.

I sold it as a true partnership agreement where their buisness grew beyond their forcast on the back of our own success.

It worked and is still working and was the first of many such restructures that I carried out.

Hope that helps mate

If only it were that simple  Wink

I can't elaborate more unfortunately, but suffice to say I'm a very pissed off pup right now.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2007, 21:21:09 »

Soapy Tit Wank
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2007, 21:25:23 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"

Soapy Tit Wank

Expand Sonny Jim !

Spelling again Huh???
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2007, 22:29:56 »

I don't mean to piss on your fire Fred, but how will cope with this new job when you get it as well as being Managing Director of STFC (a role you will combine with SAS)?
red macca

« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2007, 22:32:14 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
I don't mean to piss on your fire Fred, but how will cope with this new job when you get it as well as being Managing Director of STFC (a role you will combine with SAS)?
I will be covering him
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2007, 22:32:34 »

Him and Blodwyn are going to share duties. They're best buds now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: