Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Boston-Swindon Matchday Thread.  (Read 25581 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #270 on: Saturday, January 20, 2007, 17:03:58 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
We're second, three points behind Walsall and one point ahead of Franchise - but we have a game in hand.

That night game at P'boro is a biggy that's for sure.
flammableBen

« Reply #271 on: Saturday, January 20, 2007, 17:04:37 »

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d35/flammableben/CatBatCountry.jpg
ricardo123

« Reply #272 on: Saturday, January 20, 2007, 17:17:08 »

great day!  i thought we could slip up against a team like boston,

we won
walsall lost
consolidating our place in top 3 at least

on another note:
pox drew- again (only because of another duffy pen)

if we keep this run going much longer we'll be top soon! bliss Cheesy
magic8ball

« Reply #273 on: Saturday, January 20, 2007, 17:22:15 »

Awesome, they're playing the theme from Local Hero Cheesy

You've changed my avator you fuck!
magic8ball

« Reply #274 on: Saturday, January 20, 2007, 17:23:13 »

Although Shaun is looking rather dishy....
STFC Village

« Reply #275 on: Saturday, January 20, 2007, 17:23:15 »

Ace, i'm going to go out and get wrecked to celebrate
flammableBen

« Reply #276 on: Saturday, January 20, 2007, 17:25:16 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"
Ace, i'm going to go out and get wrecked to celebrate

I've got to go to work Sad

I can get wrecked after work though, it's my mates birthday Cheesy

I won't finish work till between 11-12. Sad

But I can have a jew drinksy's whilst I'm working Cheesy
STFC Village

« Reply #277 on: Saturday, January 20, 2007, 17:26:41 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
jew drinksy's
Cheesy
DMR

« Reply #278 on: Saturday, January 20, 2007, 17:35:50 »

fucking ace result. i'd say i wish i'd gone but it was fucking boston.
flammableBen

« Reply #279 on: Saturday, January 20, 2007, 17:40:58 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"
Quote from: "flammableBen"
jew drinksy's
Cheesy

Aceness. the best typing error I've ever made.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Saturday, January 20, 2007, 21:26:45 »

Quote from: "RichPullen"
We're second, three points behind Walsall and one point ahead of Franchise - but we have a game in hand.

That night game at P'boro is a biggy that's for sure.

Hopefully P'boro will continue their losing run despite them appointing Darren Ferguson as player/manager.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Saturday, January 20, 2007, 21:48:23 »

Not a classic.

First half we got dragged down to their level, played long ball and was never going to get anywhere against a team of six footers. Roberts took his goal very well, corner came over the keeper to Roberts a couple of metres behind the back post, one touch into the net. Poor defending for the equaliser, a chance or two to get rid but it was bundled in.

Second half, we got the ball down more and tried to string a few passes together. It worked, three or four passes, Pook is played in and it's 2-1. Good finish, well taken...twat. Goal #3 was also well worked, made a bit of space, stretched Boston, decent ball from Lukas and Sturrock scores with his first touch.

No outstanding performances, Zaaboub wasn't at his best and Timlin didn't really get into the game in the way he can do. Shakes was poor, I can only remember one occasion where he tried to take the full back on, every other time it was back to Smith who launched it forward or passed it across the back four.

Overall, the result should never really have been in doubt. Had we played our own game from the start it would have been a much more convincing scoreline, Boston just didn't have the quality. A deserved three points.
The Professor

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Saturday, January 20, 2007, 22:03:11 »

Went to the game today & was quite impressed. Evan's team were very competitive aka physical and conditions were not conducive to flowing football but the team battled when they had to and worked hard for the three points.
Quaint ground & the away fans end was standing - made me quite nostalgic but it is in essence still a non-league ground albeit one with four sides.
Roberts' goal was excellent, shooting home from a very acute angle and the equaliser was through a crowd of players after we'd not cleared the ball properly. At this stage maybe the draw was a fair reflection of the game. However the midfield started to play better & Pook especially looked good. One cross field pass, hit over 30 - 40 yards went direct to Zabboub's foot & Pook also took the goal well. Our defence were hassled & harried all the game by the Boston front players but with a bit of luck they held out. Williams got a bang on the head and this clearly affected his game. However the longer the game went on Swindon looked more & more assured and in the later stages the interplay between the Swindon players on the break was of a very high standard. Certainly despite Boston's best endeavours they never looked as threatening as Town. Phil Smith was as composed as ever and wasn't really called into action during the game.
One curious thing - the crowd was small, just over 2,000 and so when they scored Boston broadcast a recording of cheers - presumably because the home fans efforts were so feeble! However the away following did the team proud, singing and chanting throughout. Well done to all my fellow Town fans, you really are amazing.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Sunday, January 21, 2007, 02:02:48 »

Just got in, im pissed, i thought todays result was due a celebration,
Great result, i take back everything i said about pook although even if he didint score we would have still won, haha, nah, fair play to the boy, took the goal well.

Enjoyed my self thoroughly today, hightliht of the match

"tank top, give us a wave, tank top tank top give us a wave"
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Sunday, January 21, 2007, 10:00:19 »

Quote from: "STFC_Chris"

Overall, the result should never really have been in doubt. Had we played our own game from the start it would have been a much more convincing scoreline, Boston just didn't have the quality. A deserved three points.

I agree with that. The first half was incredibly frustrating as I always felt that if we could even get into scond gear we would win comfortably. I couln't believe we were going in level at half time.

Fortunately in the second half we did get into second gear (without getting into third or fourth) and deserved what was a comfortable win. Good performance from Pook capped off with a great goal.

And what a change to see two lads out on the pitch who came up through the youth team who were more than just bit part players. Long may it continue!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: