Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 15TH January!  (Read 6804 times)
land_of_bo

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2007, 16:52:06 »

Quote from: "arriba"
Quote from: "land_of_bo"
Grazioli is available for loan...

not surprised he's fucking shit* Cheesy

*Please note, this is the opinion of TEF member arriba and not of thetownend.com

But he's got a point
fatbury

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, January 18, 2007, 12:57:17 »

only 12 days to go .. Sturrock has missed out on Striker A - Rodgers and also strikers B - Jamie Ward of Torquay and C- Leon Knight of Swansea.

Does anyone REALLY think we were going to spend the £30k of Monky on a player ... yet weve signed Managers Son Blair .. who lets face it IS no better than Fola or Brownlie.

Without a top striker we will struggle to make automatic promotion - Sturrock is too IN with the current board/regime to rock the boat especially where spending money is concerned and this MAY just cost us in the long run IMO
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, January 18, 2007, 12:59:36 »

nothing wrong with our first choice front 3...

Peacock, Roberts and Lukas, have what 21 goals between them so far...

but we wont sign any players for money, because we just dont.

I see that Critchell lad has signed for Chesterfield
Rich Pullen

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, January 18, 2007, 13:01:11 »

Quote from: "DV85"

Which I don't think is any major loss to us - he didn't look particularly great against us at Torquay.
Scot Munroe

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, January 18, 2007, 13:01:29 »

Quote from: "DV85"
nothing wrong with our first choice front 3...

Peacock, Roberts and Lukas, have what 21 goals between them so far...

but we wont sign any players for money, because we just dont.

what about loan deals then.
fatbury

« Reply #20 on: Thursday, January 18, 2007, 13:01:51 »

the Cock, Roberts and Lukas have all surpassed themselves in reality with their goal ratio id agree .. but NONE OF THEM are prolific .. Lukas might be once he gets a few games behind him and a touch older but we need a 20 goal a season plus man in there .. especially to keep us safer should we make League 1
sonic youth

« Reply #21 on: Thursday, January 18, 2007, 13:02:13 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
only 12 days to go .. Sturrock has missed out on Striker A - Rodgers and also strikers B - Jamie Ward of Torquay and C- Leon Knight of Swansea.

Where's it been confirmed that B or C was either of those two?
Scot Munroe

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, January 18, 2007, 13:03:15 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"

Where's it been confirmed that B or C was either of those two?

no. probably from his sources.
fatbury

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, January 18, 2007, 13:03:52 »

it hasnt been officially confirmed .. but im 99 percent certain .. especially as one of them was seen leaving the CG after talks
sonic youth

« Reply #24 on: Thursday, January 18, 2007, 13:05:43 »

Rogers was player A and even Sturrock himself identifed him eventually.

The other two could be anyone, I'm going to suggest that Sturrock attempted "an audacious loan deal for unsettled Chelsea striker Shevchenko" and that a "paltry sum was rejected by Helsingborg for Larsson".
land_of_bo

« Reply #25 on: Thursday, January 18, 2007, 13:06:30 »

Which one, Leon Knight or Jaime Ward?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, January 18, 2007, 13:06:40 »

the Cock, Roberts and Lukas have all surpassed themselves in reality with their goal ratio id agree .. but NONE OF THEM are prolific .. Lukas might be once he gets a few games behind him and a touch older but we need a 20 goal a season plus man in there .. especially to keep us safer should we make League 1

no we dont. Plymouth got out of this division and the one above without a 20 goal a season striker.

Franchise have McLeod
Lincoln have Forrester
Wycombe have Easter

...and we are above all three in the table

Walsall are miles ahead of us.....how many has their top scorer got?

Peacock hasnt surprassed himself, his record says he's usually good for 15-17 goals a season. So far he's got 8 so he isnt out doing himself.

I also fail to see how Lukas is performing above expectations to, this is his first full season as a pro footballer. Anyone who has seen him knows full well he's got talent. If anything he hasnt been used ENOUGH this season.

We are second in the league
We are winning games

So I fail to see why goal scoring is problem...when was the last time we didnt score in a game then fatbury

Also, at the start of the season you said Peacock and Roberts wouldnt get 10 between them...I make it 18 so far!
sonic youth

« Reply #27 on: Thursday, January 18, 2007, 13:09:15 »

DV's spot on, the goals are spread evenly between the forwards which is far better than relying on a single prolific scorer - watch out for Franchise results over the next month and see what happens.

Another striker is needed to add competition and chuck another 10+ goals in but it's not going to cost us. What will cost us is the constant conceding of goals from set pieces, particularly corners.
Piemonte

« Reply #28 on: Thursday, January 18, 2007, 13:09:40 »

Does anyone REALLY think we were going to spend the £30k of Monky on a player

Sturrock is too IN with the current board/regime to rock the boat especially where spending money is concerned and this MAY just cost us in the long run IMO

How is he supposed to rock the boat, demand money to spend or hes going to resign??  Where is this money going to come from in the short term?

I'm no supporter of the current regime, but it is clear that there isnt much money at the club, and any buy out isnt going to happen prior to the end of the transfer window. So we are stuck with the current finacial status in the short term.

As for money being spent, we agreed a £30k fee for rodgers didnt we?
fatbury

« Reply #29 on: Thursday, January 18, 2007, 13:10:21 »

well argued DV .. you make your case very well .. I consider myself put in my place  :|

where do you think our weaknesses are and do we need anyone in the window then?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: