Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 15TH January!  (Read 6821 times)
Danjackson10

« on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 11:47:52 »

Half way through the month and still no signing! Any chance of one pretty soon?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #1 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 13:01:14 »

No news weeks are boring, tis true.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #2 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 13:02:22 »

Boub?
Danjackson10

« Reply #3 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 13:46:25 »

boub whob?
sonic youth

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2007, 10:25:40 »

I'm getting concerned that targets are slipping away, we're aware of one target turning us down - could there have been others who have done the same?

The board aren't going to back us financially with worthwhile transfer fees so we're relying on free transfers or token fees - as per Rodgers - which isn't generally going to get us a decent quality of player. Clubs are far more reluctant to allow players to move on halfway through a season.
Piemonte

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2007, 10:37:13 »

15th January was also my Birthday Beers

I have faith that sturrock will get someone in eventually. I think that the reason no-one has signed yet is because Sturrock has set his standards high - Rodgers would clearly score goals in league 2 and would probably do the same in league 1 given a run in a half decent side.

To be honest, I'd rather Sturrock carried on with this approach and tried to get someone who will add to the 1st team rather than getting a couple of "bodies" in just to add depth to the squad.

Of course as time ticks away he may have to change this approach, if it is just not possible to get a "quality" player or 2 in then we may have to stick with what we have got. Sign a couple of players up on short term deal or loans to make sure we dont get caught out on injuries in the run-in
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2007, 11:07:00 »

I confidently predict that rabbits will be pulled from hats before the end of the month. At least two I reckon Cool
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2007, 11:07:12 »

im quite happy with what we have at the moment. it would be nice to get a striker in but at the end of the day Roberts and Peacock can score another handfall each before the season is out. also i think we have won 7 of our last 10 games with this team under Sturrock and if do that in the next ten then we'll be in a great position
sonic youth

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2007, 15:25:29 »

Sturrock's update:

On the transfer front I am still looking to bring players into the club. I would like to bring in two and there will be movement before the end of the window. I have made enquiries for a few players and will continue the search. 'B' and 'C' have now bit the dust because clubs are reluctant to let players go at the moment. I am not panicking because we are sitting second in the league and I do not want to 'rock the boat' as far as our squad goes. There are four or five players I like the look of so we will wait and see what happens. I believe that January will be the month for permanent deals, because loans are available to the clubs after the window closes.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2007, 17:30:37 »

only person we'll sign this season is Blair Sturrock
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2007, 17:46:41 »

Quote from: "Danjackson10"
boub whob?

Deny it all you will, but we have signed a player
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2007, 17:47:36 »

Quote from: "DV85"
only person we'll sign this season is Blair Sturrock

How wrong you are.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2007, 09:53:11 »

I'd rather we signed no-one unless they're good enough for league one. I beleive the squad we have are more than capable of winning this league as long as the effort is there.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
land_of_bo

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2007, 16:36:27 »

Grazioli is available for loan...

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2007, 16:39:45 »

Quote from: "land_of_bo"
Grazioli is available for loan...

not surprised he's fucking shit Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: