Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Last Night - Did anyone notice  (Read 5467 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« on: Thursday, February 24, 2005, 09:30:32 »

How very cold it was?Huh?  I was thinking about going to the match in bare feet, but had a last minute change of heart and slipped on my favourite flip flops.  What a good decision that was.

Took me about an hour to warm up at home after the match, had to have a nice hot bath in the end, minus my flip flops.
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, February 24, 2005, 09:38:20 »

The bloke infront of me, who always wears shorts and T-shirts, was indeed wearing shorts and t-shirt.  I can't believe his mum or bird let him out like that.  He had to admit he was cold.  

I was frozen and I was wrapped up!!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, February 24, 2005, 10:12:14 »

I saw that guy in shorts, is he retarded or something???  My God he could have died last night.  That was the coldest I've been at footie for a while.

Not as cold as Leyton Orient at home in the 3rd round of the cup in 1991. It was freezing Dave Kerslake could hardly stand up, 0-0 at half time the pitch announcer comes out and says the ref has confirmed that we won't be calling the game off.  Then 5 mins into the second half he takes the players off the pitch.  I was tres pissed off!!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, February 24, 2005, 10:18:11 »

What a bunch of lightweights, I thought it was reasonable last night because the wind had more or less dropped....OK wouldn't have gone just wearing shorts and T shirt.

Must be something to do with having been around since before global warming more or less did for a proper winter.....and houses didn't have central heating and double glazing etc.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, February 24, 2005, 10:20:11 »

The thing is Reg I have got much fat on my bones, so my natural insulation's pretty thin.  Give it a few years and I might be like Tango man, immune from the cold, but at the minute I freeze too easily.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, February 24, 2005, 13:21:24 »

It was frickin freezing :shock:

I had my thick coat on, scarve and gloves and a hot cup of coffee and i was still froze!

It was unbearable nearly.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, February 24, 2005, 13:42:45 »

Quote from: "janaage77"
I saw that guy in shorts, is he retarded or something???  My God he could have died last night.  That was the coldest I've been at footie for a while.

Not as cold as Leyton Orient at home in the 3rd round of the cup in 1991. It was freezing Dave Kerslake could hardly stand up, 0-0 at half time the pitch announcer comes out and says the ref has confirmed that we won't be calling the game off.  Then 5 mins into the second half he takes the players off the pitch.  I was tres pissed off!!

Christ I remember that, was sitting in the north unbelievably cold.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, February 24, 2005, 15:28:53 »

I was nice and warm at home because I'm a part time supporter!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, February 24, 2005, 15:31:28 »

Part timer and you weren't even on the match thread.  You're half the man you used to be.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, February 24, 2005, 15:32:11 »

I had to walk 3 miles home in the cold from Cardiff Bay as the last train had gone. It was -8 with a bitter sea wind making it even colder. I was very cold.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, February 24, 2005, 15:33:27 »

Fair play BWB, Did you have your flip flops on or were you bare footin'?
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, February 24, 2005, 15:34:45 »

I had some flip flops luckily, thought I might need them for the beach.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, February 24, 2005, 15:45:05 »

Quote from: "janaage77"
Part timer and you weren't even on the match thread.  You're half the man you used to be.

WoW is more addictive than crack :|
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, February 24, 2005, 16:17:15 »

The only man who'd really know that is Dave M Russell!!!!
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, February 24, 2005, 16:37:01 »

It was the coldest I've ever been at a match,then again I was a donut because I never had a coat on.Bring on the summer,I love going to matches in the summer when its nice and sunny! Cool

RED ARMY
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: