Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: TEF in Adver  (Read 4407 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, December 18, 2006, 15:48:43 »

I can't fucking believe it!

What with my moralising tone (And use of big words) I would've thought one of my posts would bound to have be been printed.

Cunts. I'm gonna smash all their windows and brick their cars..............

It's All Good..............
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #16 on: Monday, December 18, 2006, 16:09:50 »

Quote from: "herthab"
I can't fucking believe it!

What with my moralising tone (And use of big words) I would've thought one of my posts would bound to have be been printed.

Cunts. I'm gonna smash all their windows and brick their cars..............

thats bound to be in there tomorrow!
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, December 18, 2006, 16:56:53 »

It doesn't sound to good for Mr Russell. It makes him sound like a thug.

Should've copyright it.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
DMR

« Reply #18 on: Monday, December 18, 2006, 18:56:41 »

I'm going to sound about my lawyers about defamation of charactor.

Cheesy
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, December 18, 2006, 19:03:12 »

im quoted in there too  Cheesy   at DMR's comment
DMR

« Reply #20 on: Monday, December 18, 2006, 19:12:36 »

On reflection I'm pretty narked off. An open letter which I've emailed to the Adver...

Dear Editor

I read Matt Jacksons report on Saturday's hostilities with interest.

To quote...

"But another member was more enthusiastic.

He said: "Hahaha can't beat a bit of festive coin dodging.

"Fair play to the Rovers headcase who started marching across the netting!

"What with Millwall coming back t'other way, could be a few feisty encounters around Town tonight, poor coppers."

However, I don't recall being asked for my permission to have my quote slapped in your back- or front- pages, especially as it could and almost certainly will be deemed by the authorities as inflammatory.

Imagine my suprise when I read my quote from thetownend.com, furthermore, imagine my disappoinment at being quoted hugely out of context, with no mention of the tongue-in-cheek nature of my post.

I don't condone anyone's behaviour on Saturday, nor was I "enthusiastic" about the prospect of clashed breaking out all over Swindon.

I'm sure you, and Mr Jackson, appreciate my concern at how I have been portrayed. I have been explicitly denounced as "supporting it {the violence}" and this is frankly not on.

Clearly it is too late to pull this from print, and I view these comments very strongly and believe a full apology to be forthcoming, or at least putting my remarks in context. Mr Jackson has clearly gone blind by reading to the end of my post, as I express sympathy for the authorities involved.

Yours, a very disappointed reader,
David Russell
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, December 18, 2006, 19:16:21 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
On reflection I'm pretty narked off. An open letter which I've emailed to the Adver...

Dear Editor

I read Matt Jacksons report on Saturday's hostilities with interest.

To quote...

"But another member was more enthusiastic.

He said: "Hahaha can't beat a bit of festive coin dodging.

"Fair play to the Rovers headcase who started marching across the netting!

"What with Millwall coming back t'other way, could be a few feisty encounters around Town tonight, poor coppers."

However, I don't recall being asked for my permission to have my quote slapped in your back- or front- pages, especially as it could and almost certainly will be deemed by the authorities as inflammatory.

Imagine my suprise when I read my quote from thetownend.com, furthermore, imagine my disappoinment at being quoted hugely out of context, with no mention of the tongue-in-cheek nature of my post.

I don't condone anyone's behaviour on Saturday, nor was I "enthusiastic" about the prospect of clashed breaking out all over Swindon.

I'm sure you, and Mr Jackson, appreciate my concern at how I have been portrayed. I have been explicitly denounced as "supporting it {the violence}" and this is frankly not on.

Clearly it is too late to pull this from print, and I view these comments very strongly and believe a full apology to be forthcoming, or at least putting my remarks in context. Mr Jackson has clearly gone blind by reading to the end of my post, as I express sympathy for the authorities involved.

Yours, a very disappointed reader,
David Russell

It's too late Dave!

They know you're a hooligan now! Cheesy

It's All Good..............
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, December 18, 2006, 19:18:54 »

seems a bit of liberty to me dont they have to ask permission before quoting you or something?

/
W56196272
DMR

« Reply #23 on: Monday, December 18, 2006, 19:21:12 »

Like I said YR.

Unfortunatley it's indicative of the Adver's slide in tabloid-mongloidness. Sensationalism without very much to back it up.

Which on reflection suits me down to the ground. I could get a job at the Adver.  Cheesy
Sussex

« Reply #24 on: Monday, December 18, 2006, 19:39:00 »

Chris K will probably know about the legalities of what they can and cannot print (and quote) from a public forum Dave.

All the journalists where I work go on courses so that they're clued up as to what is/isn't libellous etc.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, December 18, 2006, 19:39:24 »

the thing is though  Dave they didn't credit the quote to you, so don't think they'd have to get permission.  Just a thought, I could be completely wrong.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, December 18, 2006, 19:45:13 »

I would have thought that as this is a public forum, they can quote who they want?
red macca

« Reply #27 on: Monday, December 18, 2006, 22:24:09 »

They can print what they want really.When they put me in the paper after i asked them not to i couldnt do a thing
Bartek

« Reply #28 on: Monday, December 18, 2006, 23:09:32 »

Hey...I think it's a kind of crime they made...It's something like the slander and in Polish law is forbidden...If you go to the Police or the court (I don't know English Penal Law system) , they can even put the journalist to the jail or he will need to spend a lot of money to pay the bill  
Spencer_White

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2006, 01:15:30 »

Like he said, they didnt give a name.

Would have been funny to see Dave M Russell up there though. Seeing as that is your real name an all!  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: