Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trust CG Development Plans  (Read 17255 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 14:37:26 »

Quote from: "SwindonTartanArmy"
Quote from: "janaage"
33% say no, that's a bit worrying.  Although initial concerns should be over come.

Great work to all involved, like what was said on Monday, publishing these details can only be a good thing.

Any statement from the club about this would sound reactionary.
And of that 33% I bet none of them have actaully read the proposals.

Just gone down to 26%...There is more Town fans than NIMBYs.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 14:49:10 »

Anybody seen that Bowden's already rubbished the Trust's plans and stated that he'll be looking at moving the club out of Swindon.

Nice entrance to make. Welcome Mike. Now FUCK OFF

Lambert, I kow you're designated club-forum-reader - as pleasant as you've seemed in emails, kindly sorted out Diamandis and anybody else in power down there. It's about time they fucking realised that some of us actually care about Swindon Town and will do whatever it takes to make sure that your lot don't ruin it for everybody.

hang your head in shame.
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 14:53:52 »

Quote from: "The Moonraker"
Anybody seen that Bowden's already rubbished the pans and stated that he's looking at moving the club out of Swindon.

Nice entrance to make. Welcome mike. Now kindly FUCK OFF

Hardly surprising. They couldn't be more out of step with the fans if they tried now. :x
TalkTalk

« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 14:54:20 »

Anybody seen that Bowden's already rubbished the pans and stated that he's looking at moving the club out of Swindon.

Nice entrance to make. Welcome mike. Now kindly FUCK OFF

Where have you seen that, mate?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 14:56:04 »

BBC Swindon apparently braodcast it at 2pm - I'm hoping its on a 3pm too

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wiltshire/index.shtml
fatbury

« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 14:56:32 »

if thats true are the board deliberately trying to wind us up .. although it wouldnt surprise me of Bowden - probably wants to move the club to Bath
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 15:05:55 »

Says on the radio that Bowden thinks the plans are 'fatally flawed' as he 'doubts' the Council will allow for hosuing on the current site and that the land would better be used for 'other purposes'.

Nice and clear then.

To put the record straight, Rob (or anyone involved with these plans) - what was the Council's response to the housing plans?
rockincockinrobin

« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 15:20:33 »

This board is really full of idiots isnt it?!!! we've got ourselves another idiot now in Mike Bowden, i don't think the fans are going to let an bellend like him take the club out of Swindon.

We really do need to step up the pressure and get this board out, they are getting worse and worse by the day and seem to be winding us fans up more and more.

First it was the crap about having two other bids for the club and now some new idiot who thinks he's a know it all is saying he wants to take the club out of our town.

Get these idiots out of town!!!! they are really starting to make me angry!!!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 15:26:38 »

Anybody seen that Bowden's already rubbished the Trust's plans and stated that he'll be looking at moving the club out of Swindon.

To dignify anything with a two word retort is somewhat juvenile.  But in this case I make an exception - "FUCK YOU".

To move the club significantly out of Swindon ends it all for me. Seems a strange thing to come out with though. I mean how much time would that plan take to get through planning? How would the club keep going through that period?

SACK THE BOARD.
rockincockinrobin

« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 15:32:59 »

Bowden and the board would rubbish the trust's plans though wouldn't they, it's so obvious that the board want nothing to do with the trust and do not want them taking over the club.

The only way we are going to get the consortium and Power to gain control of the club is if we literally force this board out of town, i'm sure most of us on here would be willing to try and force them out especially as now they seem to want to move us out of town, they are a complete joke, such a joke that they are laughable, they have to be the worst board in the club's history and possibly the worst board that have ever run any football club, they seem to enjoy destroying us, perhaps they get frills from it or something.

I'm starting to lose all respect for Seton Wills, we have all stood by him for what he has done for this club, but if he really cared about Swindon Town then he would hand over the club to the trust and walk away but he's not going to do that!!!!

I think slowly that the fans are turning against Sir Seton and he will be a hated man by all the club's fans the way things are going!!!
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 15:34:55 »

This lot are desperate to say anything to rubbish the plans, but that statement is going to push even more fans towards the Trusts position.

This lot are going to use that statement as a bargaining tool to the council...

You either give us what we want (more houses than you can shake a stick at) or we're moving out of Swindon.

But the FL have changed their rules since Franchise, and they cannot move out of Town.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
rockincockinrobin

« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 15:39:06 »

Quote from: "Summerof69"
This lot are desperate to say anything to rubbish the plans, but that statement is going to push even more fans towards the Trusts position.

This lot are going to use that statement as a bargaining tool to the council...

You either give us what we want (more houses than you can shake a stick at) or we're moving out of Swindon.

But the FL have changed their rules since Franchise, and they cannot move out of Town.

I didn't know anything about the rule changes by the football league, have you got a link?
TalkTalk

« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 15:49:16 »

To put the record straight, Rob (or anyone involved with these plans) - what was the Council's response to the housing plans?

The councillors we have spoken to (both ward and cabinet) are comfortable with the affordable housing and the up market corner apartments.

The affordable stuff is right in line with the Government's target for 30% of all new builds in that it helps the council reach this without having to do anything themselves apart from agree.

There is no land deal in this proposal - the CG would carry on as a lease and hence all of the properties on the site (housing/commercial/sports) would be long term leasehold. Mind you, freehold flats are rare beasts - you can't own the thin air below them.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 15:50:50 »

All Central Ward Councillors were positive towards the idea of Appts (mainly because they are intended for Key Work/Affordable Housing schemes) as were many of the top bods when asked.  As the Council would be gaining and the community it is perfectly legal to do so (as shown by Swansea's development).  The problem with the original club proposal was it meant giving away land that the club/developer would use as they saw fit an no obvious gain was highlighted for the community in return.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 16:12:06 »

Quote from: "Batch"
What happens to these proposals now given the consortium bid?

I assume the idea is the takeover bid runs its course and the consortium take the plans forward?

I assume he Trust will not be handing the plans to the current board, assuming they have not contributed to the costs of producing them of course?

As part of the consultation process, we naturally included the football club in that process so they already have a copy of these proposals and may well have developed something on the back of them. Fine - we believe the proposals are a good deal for Swindon and for the club, irrespective of who's in charge. So long as they can deliver on that of course.

The proposals are intended to form the basis of a wide-ranging discussion among the people of Swindon as to what we (ie Swindon residents and taxpayers, community groups, council, local sports groups, supporters etc) would like to see happen. In that sense, anyone would be free to pick these proposals up and put in a concrete proposal for redevelopment based on them. But I'd have to say then that the council would have an obligation to look at whether the people putting in that concrete proposal would be suitable partners and whether the council believed they were viable in fulfilling their end of the bargain. Possibly a "fatal flaw" for certain parties.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: