Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Peacock new position?  (Read 4277 times)
mattboyslim

« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 16:43:10 »

The fact we will need to replace him, but he'll still be able to push upfront if and when required.  It's not like he'll forget everything he's learned in his career.  We'll still have him for set pieces and he can be the first to push into the box on teh follow up.  Just by changing position it doesn't mean he'll never play as a striker again.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 17:25:35 »

Quote from: "red macca"
Quote from: "Piemonte"
Red Macca, you unconditional hatred for peacock is getting tiresome. He has his limitations but at least tries.

I find impossible to comprend how you can decide to hate peacock intead of the likes of Aaron Brown who has put in about 2 performances this season.
i also think brown is a cunt if that helps Cheesy .I could say i think it is tiresome that you continue to support a player who at the age of 30 years old has finally figured out he is not actually a striker now that is something i cant comprehend.on the pitch i will support peacock and unlike many others will not shout abuse at him(ask fred) as it does no good so if i feel like bitching about him on a forum i will as like i said that is better than screaming shit at him on the pitch
But surely his goalscoring record disproves thatpoint? I'm not saying he shouldn't be moved, as he may be more effective elsewhere, but to say he is no use as a striker is harsh considering his record (can't remember the exact figures!)

I think behind the front two could suit him, not so sure about putting him right back into midfield though.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 17:28:05 »

I think he'd make a great left back.
red macca

« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 22:53:16 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
Quote from: "red macca"
Quote from: "Piemonte"
Red Macca, you unconditional hatred for peacock is getting tiresome. He has his limitations but at least tries.

I find impossible to comprend how you can decide to hate peacock intead of the likes of Aaron Brown who has put in about 2 performances this season.
i also think brown is a cunt if that helps Cheesy .I could say i think it is tiresome that you continue to support a player who at the age of 30 years old has finally figured out he is not actually a striker now that is something i cant comprehend.on the pitch i will support peacock and unlike many others will not shout abuse at him(ask fred) as it does no good so if i feel like bitching about him on a forum i will as like i said that is better than screaming shit at him on the pitch
But surely his goalscoring record disproves thatpoint? I'm not saying he shouldn't be moved, as he may be more effective elsewhere, but to say he is no use as a striker is harsh considering his record (can't remember the exact figures!)

I think behind the front two could suit him, not so sure about putting him right back into midfield though.
But im not its both sturrock and peacock himself now saying maybe he shouldnt be a striker.Believe me if he goes and plays well in his new role i will eat humble pie and be happy to do so
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 22:56:08 »

He can't exactly say he doesn't want to play in the team though, of course he's going to agree with Sturrock.
stfc_steve

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, December 14, 2006, 19:09:32 »

thank god he is willing to quit being a striker because he cant hit a bloody barn door, BLAIR STURROCK IN
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #36 on: Thursday, December 14, 2006, 19:13:03 »

Quote from: "stfc_steve"
thank god he is willing to quit being a striker because he cant hit a bloody barn door, BLAIR STURROCK IN

And his striking record is awesome isn't it?

I'd rather play Charlie Comyn-Platt up front, I think Kingy's got it fucking right.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, December 14, 2006, 19:17:27 »

Quote from: "stfc_steve"

He's our 2nd top scorer  :roll:
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, December 14, 2006, 19:18:00 »

Does anyone think he will start in midfield Saturday ?

It would be interesting to see him and zaboub in there
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, December 14, 2006, 19:18:31 »

i still think him and lukas up front would be very good

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, December 14, 2006, 19:47:14 »

His scoring record isnt bad this year but overall in his career think Peacocks record is shit not sure on exact stats, I know a Wednesday fan and he couldnt understand why I was saying he was so good when he first joined he said he works hard but cant see much else, agree with him 100% now he contributes nothing apart from hard work almost in the same bracket as Pook who works hard but has zero ability.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, December 14, 2006, 19:50:56 »

Quote from: "stfctownenda"
His scoring record isnt bad this year but overall in his career think Peacocks record is shit not sure on exact stats, I know a Wednesday fan and he couldnt understand why I was saying he was so good when he first joined he said he works hard but cant see much else, agree with him 100% now he contributes nothing apart from hard work almost in the same bracket as Pook who works hard but has zero ability.

I don't think Peacock is lacking in ability, I just feel he tends to drift too deep and too wide too often.

In a midfield position he may prove to be a revelation.

It's All Good..............
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, December 14, 2006, 20:16:18 »

Quote from: "stfctownenda"
His scoring record isnt bad this year but overall in his career think Peacocks record is shit.

you are wrong...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, December 14, 2006, 20:20:44 »

96/97 - 10 goals
97/98 - 5 goals
98/99 - 19 goals
99/00 - 8 goals
00/01 - 15 goals
01/02 - 17 goals