Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: people over 30  (Read 1215 times)
Onion_Jimbo

Ignore
« on: Monday, February 21, 2005, 21:51:39 »

in the 80's did you wear a green jacket with orange inside? And was it  really grim and brown? Were all cars rubbish? Were you cold all the time?

I bet you did. All my memories of it are being miserable. Although I was and still am a miserable kid.

Were all the people who got into their teens in the 90's FUCKING MAD FOR IT!!!!!!!! I mean with the glow sticks and the sweaty pill raves? I'd love to be around then. I'd be mad for it, thats for sure.

Rigobert Song La la la
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, February 21, 2005, 22:14:51 »

You must have known Id answer this

I had one of those jackets when  I was a kid though I remember it as being Sunny all the time infact I remember a plague of locust sweeping the West Country (this seems stupid but I really do)

In the 90's I was mostly an indie kid though I did a fair amount of pill popping and dancing as well   Cool

/
W56196272
Onion_Jimbo

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, February 21, 2005, 22:20:45 »

I did mean you yes Smiley

MAD FEEER EEEEEEEEEEET

Rigobert Song La la la
Sussex

« Reply #3 on: Monday, February 21, 2005, 22:26:17 »

Cheeky bugger OJ!

Yep, guilty as charged.

Friday nights were the order of the day back then, people from miles around - Cardiff, Brizzle, Reading - would make the trip to Goldiggers for the likes of Top Buzz and Rat Pack!

Pills and powders white, whahaaaay!  Smiley

Just say no Dave  :?
Onion_Jimbo

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, February 21, 2005, 22:30:07 »

Is rat pack a big dancing thing? i was rat pack in bournemouth a few years back. Was mental. I got kicked out for being a drug dealer, even though I wasnt a drug dealer. Mental dancing though.

Rigobert Song La la la
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, February 21, 2005, 22:32:57 »

Yup I went to diggers a few times myself.Pilled up drivers on the way home loseing it for 10 minutes and finding it funny.Oh the Drugs!

Sweaty gurners Cool

/
W56196272
Sussex

« Reply #6 on: Monday, February 21, 2005, 22:39:39 »

Quote from: "Onion_Jimbo"
Is rat pack a big dancing thing? i was rat pack in bournemouth a few years back. Was mental. I got kicked out for being a drug dealer, even though I wasnt a drug dealer. Mental dancing though.

Nope, a DJ and an MC who used to be pretty 'hip' with the young 'uns.

They had nothing on DJ Ratty though - scratch-tastic!

God I feel old :roll:
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, February 21, 2005, 23:26:50 »

In the 80's I had a couple of Saabs a bit like this

http://www.saabklubben.com/arkiv/96/9641.jpg

I loved these motors, slow but great in cold weather with heated seats, and a curious declutching mechanism which meant you could disengage the engine and free wheel which was good in icy conditions and good for fuel economy.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, February 22, 2005, 01:05:42 »

Reg tell me I wasnt dreaming the Locust Cool

/
W56196272
retro p

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, February 22, 2005, 01:46:23 »

the green jackets were kind of 'parker' or 'bomber' style, i can remember we used to wear them inside out to be a team of green or orange when playing football or 'army'

one time at junior school they banned footballs for some reason?!

we got round the rule by  putting a smaller ball in a sock and playing with that, claiming that socks are not banned.

the headmaster did smile, and soon footballs were legal again.

if you can remember the sweaty illegal raves, you weren't there. ektos,spiral tribe etc, there was a massive rave at lechlade once, think it was easter 1992, 48 hours of madness!!!

of course large illegal events like that led to the criminal justice act being brought in, in which it became an arrestable offence to congregate in a group of more than 20 whilst listening to music.  so the only events you will get now are stewarded and policed corporate 'partys' like homelands

i was certainly not miserable as a town fan in the mid to late eighties, the macari years were my grounding as a town fan
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, February 22, 2005, 11:33:21 »

Quote from: "retro p"

we got round the rule by  putting a smaller ball in a sock and playing with that, claiming that socks are not banned.
Cheesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: