Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ratings v Mansfield?  (Read 3171 times)
Northern Red

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2006, 13:15:27 »

Quote from: "adje"
Where was fatbury-didnt see him

:shock:  Fatbury and Pook are the same person  :shock:
adje

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2006, 13:16:49 »

Smith 5-one blinding save but a bit hesitant for goal2
Smith 4-worst game I've seen him have for us
Nicholas 4-distribution woeful
Ifil 4-what can you say?2 typical Ifil moments;1st half,superb tackle then squares the ball across his own area setting up their striker;second half robs their player with a great tackle ,saves the corner,turns on a sixpence,leaves their bloke for dead,comes away with the ball then,under no pressure slices the ball into the empty luxury stand!
Williams 5-best defender(not saying much)unlucky not to score luckily when his deflected shot hit the bar.
Shakes 5-looked lively 1st half but faded badly second.One hilarious shot that went for a throw but did get 1 decent cross in which we should have scored from.
Timlin 4-completely anonymous.No better than Pook which says it all really
Weston 4-disappointing.I think I probably expect too uch from him
Roberts 3-showed no desire whatsoever,with more effort he could have got on the end of several good balls we put in the 6 yard box
Jutkiewicz 6-mom.Looked willing plenty of running won loads in the air and a couple of decent efforts(and some weak ones)
Zaboub 5-see Shakes

Weird experience.Early Doors pub which felt like sitting in someones front room.Stewards who were the most ignorant gits I've ever come across and a strange atmosphere among the Town fans-who seemed a bit disorientated.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
STFC Village

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2006, 13:19:26 »

Zaaboub and Lukas not worthy, eh adje? Wink
adje

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2006, 13:23:28 »

Yeah-dont know what happened there

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2006, 13:28:31 »

Adje, I understand you will be making an appearance at the Bristol Rovers game?!

With Tom gone it's a bit quiet up the top of the Town End, we need you back!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2006, 16:26:15 »

Quote from: "Tails"
Adje, I understand you will be making an appearance at the Bristol Rovers game?!

With Tom gone it's a bit quiet up the top of the Town End, we need you back!

I''ll be there

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2006, 18:20:07 »

Quote from: "santini"
Quote from: "DV85"
You raise a good point there, however the free kick was, what in their own half? so there was still alot to do before it hit the back of the net...
They were caught cold with not enough time to get organised and pick up their men.

Come on, that excuse doesnt wash...

I only play crappy sunday league, but no one at any level of football should get caught our by a quick free kick taken in the oppositions own half
santini

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2006, 19:33:24 »

You raise a good point there, however the free kick was, what in their own half? so there was still alot to do before it hit the back of the net...
They were caught cold with not enough time to get organised and pick up their men.

I only play crappy sunday league, but no one at any level of football should get caught our by a quick free kick taken in the oppositions own half
No excuse for Zaaboub. Should instinctively know how/why to delay.... or learn English to understand the defence screaming at him to do his job.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2006, 20:23:16 »

No excuse for Zaaboub. Should instinctively know how/why to delay.... or learn English to understand the defence screaming at him to do his job.

defence should spend les time shouting at Zaaboub and more time marking then.

I could understand it if the free kick was 25 yards from goal, and yes Zaaboub should have stopped them taking it quickly. But surely the defence should know who they are supposed to be marking, surely Sturrock went through this days before the game...surely they know the minute the free kick is given where they need to go and who theyneed to follow.

For professionals that should be basic stuff.
santini

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2006, 22:51:34 »

.. yes Zaaboub should have stopped them taking it quickly. But surely the defence should know who they are supposed to be marking, surely Sturrock went through this days before the game...surely they know the minute the free kick is given where they need to go and who theyneed to follow.

For professionals that should be basic stuff.
and it is for the back four but not the others who also have to pick up their man ... but they need time to get back which should have been provided by Zaaboub delaying the free kick - For a professional that should be basic stuff.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: